Sign in to follow this  
Hank shoots Skyler

Referee today

Can we complain about this one too? Must be the most incompetent display I've ever seen without him even needing to make any major decisions:

• Pukki getting a hand to the face from their defender going for a header, foul by Pukki
  • Aarons getting wiped out when he's about to swing a cross in (literally a dictionary definition yellow card foul inbetween the linesman and refereee), no freekick
  • Buendia getting his legs swiped from under him towards the end of the game on halfway, no foul
  • Pukki being pulled back multiple times, no foul ever
  • Several pathetic freekicks given their way for decisions we simply were not getting
  • 5 minutes added on at the end, for what?

Really felt like that ref had it in for us today. Have we got a reputation now because Farke complained before? Is this the referee's union fighting back? 

Either way I felt like those decisions going against us really assisted the Blackburn momentum and easily could've ending up costing us the 3 points!

What a ****!

• Like 4

He was crap, yes! Interesting we’ve not heard anymore about our complaint, I hate that refs are untouchable, I think outside of the forgivable wrong decisions then they really should be accountable sometimes. Would quite like to see them red carded for poor displays, and given a suspension. Right now, they’re beyond retribution and I don’t think that’s right.

• Like 1

Said it a few years back now but there needs to be a root and stem review into all refereeing in this country because it’s never ever been this bad and it’s never been this complex. 

This is becoming a running theme, quite rightly, after each game, yet again we should draw this performance to the attention of the authorities, much better done after a win.

Strange decisions, but we see strange decisions every week, not just at our matches either.

Today, the Aarons one was as clear as anything and can't figure that one at all. 

The Pukki one, it may have looked from the ref's view that he was jumping into the defender, but from the camera side it was clear that it was Pukki that was being fouled.

Buendia clearly had his legs taken, but he does go down quite a lot and appeals every time - for him it maybe better not to appeal so often.  Just go down and let the ref decide. Too many appeals leads to refs thinking you are diving.

Who'd be a ref....... 

The referees at this level are so abysmal they should all be paying for the privilege to pretend doing it, not the other way round. 

Agree I've never seen a more obviously one sided ref who didn't have to actually make a big decision 

The Pukki one I thought was correct, he was backing into the Blackburn player. That aside, though, he did seem to give Blackburn everything and us nothing.

The very blatant dive by Armstrong toward the begining of the game should also have been yellow carded.

17 minutes ago, horsefly said:

The very blatant dive by Armstrong toward the begining of the game should also have been yellow carded.

He was buying free kicks all game! Ref was happy to oblige. 

Would it be paranoid to draw a link between that performance today and the fact we have supposedly been at the forefront of a meeting this week to discuss poor refereeing Standards. I hope we aren’t going to get done over by vengeful refs in the next few weeks. 

Summed it up when Hugill was holding it in the corner at the end and he couldn’t wait until give them a cheap free kick. 

4 minutes ago, horsefly said:

There was also the incident when Sorensen was completely wiped out after the ball had gone.

Yes! I’d forgotten that one. 

Even more irritated now, cheers! 😉

OT a little, but if anyone hasn’t watched the episode of Inside No 9 called “The Referee’s a ****er” really should do ASAP.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000f1t9/inside-no-9-series-5-1-the-referees-a

Edited by Nuff Said

24 minutes ago, horsefly said:

There was also the incident when Sorensen was completely wiped out after the ball had gone.

Id forgotten that one too. Because there was just so many baffling decisions.

Astonishing performance from the Ref today, as above, many... many clear cut wrong decisions. He will be doing the same again next game. Awful.

I thought the ref was woeful. Gave everything to them and nothing to us. The standard is appalling. 

He was as poor as we have seen in a series of poor performances. It's almost (and I stress 'almost') makes me want to see a form of VAR in the Championship, but only because of the paucity of refereeing.

I notice Anthony Knockaert got a second yellow yesterday for simulation in the penalty area. Amstrong's simulation was far more blatant yet he got nothing. These sort of inconsistencies are totally unacceptable, and drive fans mad. 

6 minutes ago, city4eva said:

I still can’t fathom the Aaron’s one.. 

Yep that was the worst one for me, both the linesman and ref were perfectly placed for it as well. Was a foul and a yellow card, clear as they come!

I can't believe the other instances I had completely missed in my OP.

The Hugill foul was absurd, the defender appeared to fall over stretching for the ball and he gave them a freekick! Hugill made no contact with him that I could even see.

And that Sorenson one in the first half was clearly a foul, way after the ball had gone. Think Farke was going mad at that one too and that was before the atrocity that was the second half!

You can have a few stinkers in a game from a ref but that took the ****, what's that like 6+ clear fouls which weren't given in our favour? And very whistle happy in their favour whenever we went near them! Hard to think all of that can go against us / for them without their being some kind of bias?

Hope we complain again and arm ourselves with some replays to show the blatant bias.

Or will that just deepen the hole we've already dug ourselves?

1 minute ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Yep that was the worst one for me, both the linesman and ref were perfectly placed for it as well. Was a foul and a yellow card, clear as they come!

I can't believe the other instances I had completely missed in my OP.

The Hugill foul was absurd, the defender appeared to fall over stretching for the ball and he gave them a freekick! Hugill made no contact with him that I could even see.

And that Sorenson one in the first half was clearly a foul, way after the ball had gone. Think Farke was going mad at that one too and that was before the atrocity that was the second half!

You can have a few stinkers in a game from a ref but that took the ****, what's that like 6+ clear fouls which weren't given in our favour? And very whistle happy in their favour whenever we went near them! Hard to think all of that can go against us / for them without their being some kind of bias?

Hope we complain again and arm ourselves with some replays to show the blatant bias.

Or will that just deepen the hole we've already dug ourselves?

Our complaint previously was nothing to do with decisions made by the officials ( our friend from Luton added that ). It was the comments made towards some of our players and officials by 3 of the 4 officials and the referees conversation with a Luton player. Wether the decisions were an add on I have no idea, but the initial complaint was regards the way we were treated with little or no respect.