lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Blackburn*****

1 minute ago, Fuzzar said:

Since when has m uff been a swear word? 

Since it became a rude word for lady parts? 😁

35 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Good enough result but still waiting for a complete performance to match it.

Perhaps I'm expecting too much.

I think you maybe, Ricardo

6 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

Sorry, I meant his one If we were playing a Premier League team we would have been hammered. 

When you give the ball away unnecessarily in the Championship you get away with it a lot of the time. In the Premier League you don't. Give the opposition the ball in your own half and even the mid table teams punish you. We gave the ball away in dangerous positions a lot today. 

Just now, dylanisabaddog said:

When you give the ball away unnecessarily in the Championship you get away with it a lot of the time. In the Premier League you don't. Give the opposition the ball in your own half and even the mid table teams punish you. We gave the ball away in dangerous positions a lot today. 

Yeah, I get that. But it's completely irrelevant. We're a championship side this season and should only be measured by what we do against our championship rivals. Forget the Premier League! 

5 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Since it became a rude word for lady parts? 😁

I'm not sure they're around these days. But you'd probably know better than me, given your name.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

I'm not sure they're around these days. But you'd probably know better than me, given your name.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Good point though, is it still a **** without  hair? 🤔

Edited by Nuff Said

3 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Skipp's passing was awful 

Had the highest completion % of any player on the pitch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just saw the highlights, what a save by McGovern! Another ground out win, just gotta keep grinding them out!

Looks like we still have a couple of extra gears too as well

6 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Just saw the highlights, what a save by McGovern! Another ground out win, just gotta keep grinding them out!

Looks like we still have a couple of extra gears too as well

I think we have been in 3rd gear most of the season but today we looked just to have nipped into 4th (in a  modern 6 geared car!).

7 hours ago, Pritch said:

Had the highest completion % of any player on the pitch.

He often does because he passes the ball sideways and backwards. On the rare occasions that he attempts to pass the ball forwards he loses it. 

I thought Tettey had a very good game yesterday. He was involved in a lot, including attacking moments. Just wish he were five years younger, but, as it is, his experience told throughout.

Johnson was ok, but seemed more of the veteran than AT despite being about a couple of years on the right side.

7 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

He often does because he passes the ball sideways and backwards. On the rare occasions that he attempts to pass the ball forwards he loses it. 

But on the 'rare' occasion he did pass the ball forward, it led to our winning goal 😉 

• Like 1

Hello

So that's another win and probably a plus 2 points on the grid. After all whatever gear Norwich are in Points win Prizes.

Now an apology to crabby canary I dont do emotion. I do analysis so today I would like to talk about Deflections

It must have been observed that Norwich are  not getting much credit from the media for achieving 2.35 points per game over the last 14 games. 10 wins out of 11 by the "odd" goal. And many deflected goals - not including pukkis brilliant second.

Now the media in their simplistic sound bite culture think deflected goals are lucky.

But because Norwich are faced with packed defences,  being the most successful side in the championship so far, lots of their shots on target get blocked. Some of the blocks aren't perfect so they get deflected. No one knows where a deflection goes some for corners and some though fewer into the goal.

There will be lots more shots from Norwich this season. So....

Expect lots more deflected goals and not much credit or am I wrong?

Goodbye

On 12/12/2020 at 17:50, dylanisabaddog said:

Negatives from today 

The referees in this division are awful

We should have had the game won by half time. 

If we were playing a Premier League team we would have been hammered. 

Skipp's passing was awful 

The guy on Radio Norfolk makes things sound much worse than they are

Positives

Ipswich lost 😂

We have the best team and squad in this division by some distance. 

The substitutes turned the game round when they came on. 

Whatever your views of Kenny he is a very good player at this level. 

Ditto Todd Cantwell who we will struggle to hold on to in January. He is a Premier League player. 

Sorenson is a right footed midfield player playing at left back. Look forward to seeing him play in his natural position. I think we've signed a gem. 

I'm quite old and remember Ted McDougall. Teemu is as good as scoring goals as Ted but brings so much more to the team. 

Ted did very little except score goals ( at which he was exceptional ). Charlie Boyer was his workhorse and did the work for both of them.

Edited by LaUnionCanary
  • Like 1