lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Blackburn*****

Just now, Jerrykerry said:

So to sum up two hours of pinkun forum posting... 

Moan whine. Not good enough. He's rubbish, he's also rubbish. Hate mcgovern, stipermann grr, oh no not McLean, what does he do, can't kick, can't tackle, can't score, what's Farke doing, subs, blah, whine.... 

Oh we won and beat a good team. Can't be that bad then. 

Some of you need a hard look at how you spend your time and the guff you come out with. Never seen a forum so devoid of people who habe eyes and brains and lack of  ability to be balanced of realistic. 

Unfortunately you are of course correct. I'd recommend avoiding the match day threads during the game, I generally tend to. Its devoid of all logic and is pure emotion, which is the kindest excuse I can give those posters.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Jerrykerry said:

Moan whine. Not good enough. He's rubbish, he's also rubbish. Hate mcgovern, stipermann grr, oh no not McLean, what does he do, can't kick, can't tackle, can't score, what's Farke doing, subs, blah, whine.... 

Some of you need a hard look at how you spend your time and the guff you come out with. Never seen a forum so devoid of people who habe eyes and brains and lack of  ability to be balanced of realistic. 

Hey! I’ve been posting Tettey memes having a great time I’ll have you know!

• Haha 1

Best game so far this season. Two very good teams having a good go. For all you Maclean haters, he took over midfield when he came on just in case you didn't notice. So much so that Mowbray had to change, and they didn't really get much of a kick after that.

We have a one hell of a squad for this league.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jerrykerry said:

🙂 You could always offer your opinion during the game Jerry, with your insights etc to educate the rest of us

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Unfortunately you are of course correct. I'd recommend avoiding the match day threads during the game, I generally tend to. Its devoid of all logic and is pure emotion, which is the kindest excuse I can give those posters.

Fans in getting over excited during a match shocker 🙄😉😂

13 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

I really don't like Hugill's hair. Needs a wash. 

Dirty greebo.🤣

Hasn't Michael McGovern had a really good couple of games?! Not sure even Krul would have pulled off that early save either.

Wonder if we will have the pleasure of hearing from Scottish Iain on Canary Call this evening?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Some of you need a hard look at how you spend your time and the guff you come out with. Never seen a forum so devoid of people who habe eyes and brains and lack of  ability to be balanced or even realistic. 

If it wasn't for other people moaning you would have nothing to moan about yourself 😉

• Like 1

Well. Not so much heart in the mouth like more recent games. Nicely game managed at the end there.

This match is a bit of a marker for our season. We weathered the game well. Big shouts for the whole back five who gave a convincing display. Skipp as ever neat and Teemu very motivated.

OTBC.

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

Hasn't Michael McGovern had a really good couple of games?! Not sure even Krul would have pulled off that early save either.

Wonder if we will have the pleasure of hearing from Scottish Iain on Canary Call this evening?

He looked very composed. Wonderful save in the first 10 minutes. Has grown into the role with every match. Not let us down whatsoever.

6 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Best game so far this season. Two very good teams having a good go. For all you Maclean haters, he took over midfield when he came on just in case you didn't notice. So much so that Mowbray had to change, and they didn't really get much of a kick after that.

We have a one hell of a squad for this league.

Yes, we struggled to control the game but once Mclean came on we suddenly had a foothold and Blackburn struggled to create much.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Erh he does.  His watch, he's in charge.  He is in vocal contact with the 4th official and tells him what to put on the board.

I hold my hands up, apologies.

Call my embarrassment karma for not being sympathetic to the finger in Cantwell's eye.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

It’s almost like he’s a decent shot stopper, but doesn’t have the all-round game of Krul. A decent backup championship keeper in other words. 

If only someone had suggested that when Krul first got injured. But no, he was the worst keeper in the league and the fact he was playing was an indictment of Webber’s short-sightedness. 🤨

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Call my embarrassment karma for not being sympathetic to the finger in Cantwell's eye.

Thanks, you were a bit OTT on Todd mind.  My view on injury time was 2 x 30secs for the goals, 4 x 30secs for the 4 substitution events plus a minute for Rothwell's injury.  So perhaps I was a bit OTT too, I suppose the other minute was for our time wasting?

10 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Meanwhile on TWTD ...............

They may be discussing how they can drop another 3 places yet, if the teams below them win  their games in hand

7 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

We’ve all done it. Great result is the main thing.

17 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Some of you need a hard look at how you spend your time and the guff you come out with. Never seen a forum so devoid of people who habe eyes and brains and lack of  ability to be balanced or even realistic. 

Rinse and repeat for next matchday!

12 minutes ago, Ian said:

Was always highly likely that he would improve with each game and so it’s proved. 

Blackburn are a really good side and we had to fight to get three points. Thought we looked good going forward but it’s clear teams are targeting that left hand side. Sorenson has done great to be fair and Josh Martin is a massive talent but understandably gets a little exposed defensively.

It is noticeable the difference that being able to bring on senior pros make, McClean and Cantwell are good players and narrowed the space and slowed Blackburn ball down and I thought Hudgil looked good for the last 6-8 minutes. If we can now get Krul, Rupp, Placheta and Gibson back plus Dowell up to speed then hopefully we have come through this injury crisis. I would like to see a left back come in though unless Byram is close. 

55 minutes ago, Herman said:

For old times sake.

Pukki Party GIF - Pukki Party Suomi - Discover & Share GIFs

Dear oh dear 😮 'For old times sake'? More like 'For f**ks sake'...

How old are you again?

All in all,a great result against a very decent side who wiil cause a lot of teams problems. Pukki is simply irreplaceable at this level.Impressed with Tettey,still chasing down in 93 min,Sorenson I feel will turn out to be one of our best ever signings and Skipp is your regular 7/10 every game player.And we have another gear. Top six will fight this out all season. Enjoy the ride!!🔰🔰

9 minutes ago, Big O said:

Blackburn are a really good side and we had to fight to get three points. Thought we looked good going forward but it’s clear teams are targeting that left hand side. Sorenson has done great to be fair and Josh Martin is a massive talent but understandably gets a little exposed defensively.

It is noticeable the difference that being able to bring on senior pros make, McClean and Cantwell are good players and narrowed the space and slowed Blackburn ball down and I thought Hudgil looked good for the last 6-8 minutes. If we can now get Krul, Rupp, Placheta and Gibson back plus Dowell up to speed then hopefully we have come through this injury crisis. I would like to see a left back come in though unless Byram is close. 

Quintilla?

30 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

It’s almost like he’s a decent shot stopper, but doesn’t have the all-round game of Krul. A decent backup championship keeper in other words. 

If only someone had suggested that when Krul first got injured. But no, he was the worst keeper in the league and the fact he was playing was an indictment of Webber’s short-sightedness. 🤨

Perhaps someone had poked him in the eye.......................

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Big O said:

A problem that arises from having a fully fit large squad is how to accommodate them and keep them happy.

Surely McGovern was worth a few compliments today. Looked very solid to me. His short passing out of defence is a bit suspect and it was this that led to their goal plus conceding a free kick in a dangerous position. But clearly working under Farke's instructions and Krul does have similar moments. Pukki showed a lot more spark particularly in the first half. 

• Like 1

Good enough result but still waiting for a complete performance to match it.

Perhaps I'm expecting too much.

Of course some peoples emotions are up and down like a whores drawers but so what. No point moaning about people who moan.

I think today was a good illustration of what to expect. While we find it difficult to break down teams at FCR, we create plenty of chances away. But our calmer approach may invite teams onto us and we may see less possession, especially away.

For every fan who says Blackburn could have scored more, there will be Blackburn fans who think Pukki could of had four at least.

• Like 1