lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Blackburn*****

I've enjoyed this match more than any other. We have played very well indeed. Blackburn a credit in their play too.

• Like 1

Fantastic game of football so far, Blackburn remind me of us in the Prem last year or even the promotion winning season where they can play some real good attacking stuff but on the other end get completely scythed through in a couple of passes. 

Keep this up and I think we can get a few more!

Good half, with some really nice passages of play. Shame we couldn't get the second, because Blackburn are still in it. 

Just now, sonyc said:

I've enjoyed this match more than any other. We have played very well indeed. Blackburn a credit in their play too.

That had been the story of Farke’s time here. Play well against the teams who play football, struggle against the more workman-like approach. Until this season at least, when we seem to be able to find a way no matter who we play. (So far at least)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Good half, with some really nice passages of play. Shame we couldn't get the second, because Blackburn are still in it. 

Said it before and I'll say it again

Pukki should have netted 3 by now. Hey, still a second half to come though so still enough time for it 😉

4 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

That had been the story of Farke’s time here. Play well against the teams who play football, struggle against the more workman-like approach. Until this season at least, when we seem to be able to find a way no matter who we play. (So far at least)

I think its the case for any team who has opponents who literally shove 11 men on the edge of their 18 yard line for 90 minutes. Without fans as well opposition teams get away with no attacking intent which helps them at the moment I feel.

Great half of football. Blackburn look dangerous but so do we.

6 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Agree here. We have been a joy in our one touch stuff and their defence looks suspect. In attack they really look useful. That said, Grant H, Zimm and 'the Gov' have been excellent. 

This season we have been held by packed defensive units setting out to frustrate but on the whole we've overcome them. 

In this game, how good has Martin been?

Edited by sonyc

7 minutes ago, robertociNCFC said:

Fantastic game of football so far, Blackburn remind me of us in the Prem last year or even the promotion winning season where they can play some real good attacking stuff but on the other end get completely scythed through in a couple of passes. 

Keep this up and I think we can get a few more!

Let’s hope so. Bournemouth’s goal difference is twice our now. (16 to 8 )

Edited by Nuff Said

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

I think its the case for any team who has opponents who literally shove 11 men on the edge of their 18 yard line for 90 minutes. Without fans as well opposition teams get away with no attacking intent which helps them at the moment I feel.

Regardless of how poor a team is if they stick 11 at the back it's gonna be hard to score against them

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

True, but we still had a problem with the more prosaic sides in the PL, in a different way. We could beat Man City, but lost to the Palaces, Burnleys etc.

Mario working really hard today. Nice to see.

Alex giving me the squits though, keeps getting caught with the ball today (gulp).

8 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Rob Newman invents a new word for the OED. 'Outheights', as in he outheights him 🙂 

I think a former player or manager came up with “outstrengths” a few years ago-I’m sure it came up in one of those books featuring stupid things that commentators say.

Really good half. Pukki should have at least two goals and McGoverns save at 0-0 was superb 

Felt like we spent a lot of that half without much control of the game, but wow do we look dangerous when we get the ball. Should've certainly scored a second towards the end of that half, some of the passing has been peak Farkeball. Pukki, Vrancic, Martin and Buendia all looking so threatening.

Just a shame we haven't dominated possession a little more, we've given it away several times by lumping it forwards when we didn't need to, or tried to play it short when we shouldn't have and invited pressure on ourselves somewhat. I think second half we could try work it out from the back with a bit more composure and try to control the ball a bit better, but otherwise impressive first half. 

Shout out to McGovern for that save from the corner too!

Now chaps. We should like we are playing well. Should Cantwell be brought on at some point? The final touch?

Also I really hope if the game turns that Farke isn't afraid to make the sub before they get an equaliser (or before they start to build too much momentum). 

We've seen subs change games in a good way in recent games, but I do feel sometimes there is a reluctance from Farke to make the change when we are very narrowly in the lead and the game is starting to turn. 

Where Farke has been great at subs is when we are chasing the game, he seems to find it easier to roll the dice when we have nothing to lose than when we are already holding on to a winning scoreline with the starting 11. Obviously understandable to an extent, but lets not sit on the same team for too long if we are struggling to maintain a foothold in the game - especially when we have some quality options on the bench today. 

Would like to Vrancic for Stiepermann / Cantwell for Martin at some point. 

First half Blackburn clearly trying to put McGovern under pressure with lots of crosses and set pieces into the box, we coped well and their heads dropped when their plan A wasn't working.

Looks like they've gone to plan B which is to put our back four under pressure to try and force the back pass to McGovern, and they almost just scored from that... squeaky bums time! 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten