Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

So just how much do you rate our captain, leader and legend Alex Tettey?

And to think we were all convinced he was off, grabbing the slippers and hanging up his boots once and for all 😉

Really though, anyone else just been constantly impressed by him over the years? Seems like every season for the last few people would think he was getting on a bit, yet he just seems to get better and better. Proper fine wine player.. Nevermind his fantastic attitude and personality. I mean has anyone ever seen him unhappy? Anyone seen him without a smile on his face? Of course not.

tettinho.jpg

• Thanks 1

I think he's fantastic. I know people say we should have had an understudy signed for him a while ago now, but I don't think people understand quite how difficult that is because Tettey is a very, very good holding midfielder.

Interestingly under Farke I think he's actually progressed a bit as a player which is unusual at his age and probably says a lot about Farke as a coach. Tettey is certainly better disciplined than he was previously. 

The longer we can keep him around the club the better.

• Like 5

I don't think he's good enough with the ball. Good servant, nice guy but technically not good enough in my opinion when he has the ball at his feet. If we want to get to the Premier League and succeed, playing the style we try, we - absolutely - need an upgrade on him.

• Like 1

Tremendous player and professional.

He can play at any point in a game after not playing competitively for weeks and be up to speed immediately.

He deserves to be up there with the biggest club legends.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

I don't think he's good enough with the ball. Good servant, nice guy but technically not good enough in my opinion when he has the ball at his feet. If we want to get to the Premier League and succeed, playing the style we try, we - absolutely - need an upgrade on him.

I think it depends who's next to him. He's not here to be a regular starter anymore anyway, so the point is slightly irrelevant, but he has the second highest successful pass % in the entire squad. Of course, it's because he plays it simple but so does Skipp. He should be in and around the club for as long as possible, but I don't think anyone see's him as a regular starter.

I absolutely love it when players carry on improving and developing as they get older and under Farke, Tettey has improved his game. Underlying that is his attitude and character which has never been in question and it all adds up to having a very likeable and valuable player to the club. 

4 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

I would have agreed with that three years ago, but if you watch him these days, he is much better on the ball and rarely looks in trouble, even with opposition players close around him. 

We're lucky to have him and I hope he stays on next year whether we get promoted or not.

7 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I would have agreed with that three years ago, but if you watch him these days, he is much better on the ball and rarely looks in trouble, even with opposition players close around him. 

I agree with this. His passing seems to be very consistent to me.

I rate Alex Tettey so highly that I started a thread a couple of weeks back about him entitled: "Captain - Leader - Legend - End of"

I suppose imitation is the highest form of flattery.....................

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

I rate Alex Tettey so highly that I started a thread a couple of weeks back about him entitled: "Captain - Leader - Legend - End of"

Yeah but your thread title was nowhere near long enough, insufficient words and letters. 😜

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Personally, I am not the greatest believer in his talent. But that cannot detract from my opinion of his worth to the squad. Five managers have seen something that makes his contribution so important. Good on him.

Let's face it, if Tettey had the passing ability of a Vrancic he'd have been playing Champions League football. Farke has developed his game no end, he's just getting better and better with age. Quite simply one of my all-time favourite NCFC players. 

• Like 2

Came back for 2018/9 season looking fitter than ever and improved markedly for that.  Steady and reliable nothing flashy, now one of a number who can play DM as reliable as any.  

Great Professional and Thoroughly Decent Bloke!

He's like a different player since Farke came in. It gives clear evidence as to how good the management and coaching team are behind the scenes at technically improving players.

3 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

To be fair, it’s his 250th game for Norwich  today ! Auspicious and all

Plus we can’t have too many Tettey threads, now, can we!

I demand another year of Alex Tettey! He's as good as he's ever been. His legs haven't gone and he's ironed out the weak parts of his game. Even if we get promoted I'd want him around for at least another year. 

Despite sounds coming out that he wants to return to Norway it honestly wouldn't surprise me if he's still in and about the first 11 in two/three seasons time. Farke clearly wants him around and I'm sure he can be persuaded, if we go up he'll get another massive pay day. I'm really hoping he gets a new contract announced at some point this year

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

I demand another year of Alex Tettey! He's as good as he's ever been. His legs haven't gone and he's ironed out the weak parts of his game. Even if we get promoted I'd want him around for at least another year. 

Despite sounds coming out that he wants to return to Norway it honestly wouldn't surprise me if he's still in and about the first 11 in two/three seasons time. Farke clearly wants him around and I'm sure he can be persuaded, if we go up he'll get another massive pay day. I'm really hoping he gets a new contract announced at some point this year

His wife may not be happy but maybe an extra £5k per week may see her come around 😁 Imagine what an influence Tettey must be on the academy boys. Assist on his 250th, the man's a colossus.

Absolutely love Tettey, would love to see him do his badges and stay here on the coaching team (sod what his missus wants 😁

A brilliant servant to the club. Dedicated, loyal, hardworking, great positional sense. Attitude is exemplary too. A great acquisition. All hail Alexander the Great. 

I love him. Vastly underrated for such a long time, but fantastic at what he does and such a likeable character too. 

I hope he’s with us next year, I sincerely hope he gets a tettsimonial and I’d love it if  he won POTS, which if you consider ALL attributes he should without doubt be in the running. 

If they build Alex a family retreat at the top of Trowse artificial Ski slope, maybe his better half wouldn't feel so homesick and be happy to remain in Norwayfolk?.....

Tettey's impact has to be measured season by season. He has given a substantial part of his lifespan as a player to this club. Talk of him developing as a player is nonsense- it's more that the team and the playing culture has progressed because he has been there. This is the one testimonial I want to support- 2 years ago I told non Norwich mates I want to get up a coach load from London for it and they all want to come. Tettey is more than Norwich- he is  rightly widely admired. So who is organising the testimonial? I'm on board.