Sign in to follow this  
Fluff

Apologise? Never

To some people on here black will always be white and yes will always mean no.  No matter how much we have the wool pulled over our eyes, mislead and ripped off, the KTF''s will always defend the club and accuse those who criticise as not being true fans.  A true fan is someone who gives up their cash, time and most importantly their emotions to see the team that they love do their best.  Lack of ambition is not ''their best'', and every person who gives up any of the above are more than entitled to their opinions.  Someone who doesnt except anothers opinions is a bigot (oxford english dictionary)

So Doncaster said that a deal hadnt been done. So what.  What he did do though was mislead the followers of this club that nothing was happening at all.  Could it have anything to do with the fact that season ticket renewels were about to happen? Shame on me for even suggesting such a thing! 

The truth is that after the sale had gone through, spin could then be unleashed about how this was great for the clubs financial stability, and pat himself on the back for good business dealings

[quote user="fluff"]

To some people on here black will always be white and yes will always mean no.  No matter how much we have the wool pulled over our eyes, mislead and ripped off, the KTF''s will always defend the club and accuse those who criticise as not being true fans.  A true fan is someone who gives up their cash, time and most importantly their emotions to see the team that they love do their best.  Lack of ambition is not ''their best'', and every person who gives up any of the above are more than entitled to their opinions.  Someone who doesnt except anothers opinions is a bigot (oxford english dictionary)

So Doncaster said that a deal hadnt been done. So what.  What he did do though was mislead the followers of this club that nothing was happening at all.  Could it have anything to do with the fact that season ticket renewels were about to happen? Shame on me for even suggesting such a thing! 

The truth is that after the sale had gone through, spin could then be unleashed about how this was great for the clubs financial stability, and pat himself on the back for good business dealings

[/quote]

I didn''t have the wool pulled over my eyes, I wasn''t mislead or ripped off. I had the sense to read between the lines on what was being said so that I didn''t have to waste my emotions on what was happening. If you were mislead, ripped off or had the wool pulled over your eyes then I suggest you need to get control of your emotions so that when it happens again (and its a fact of life that it will) you wont get so upset.

[quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="fluff"]

[/quote]

I didn''t have the wool pulled over my eyes, I wasn''t mislead or ripped off. I had the sense to read between the lines on what was being said so that I didn''t have to waste my emotions on what was happening. If you were mislead, ripped off or had the wool pulled over your eyes then I suggest you need to get control of your emotions so that when it happens again (and its a fact of life that it will) you wont get so upset.

[/quote]

So Squitty/Dicky Walter Mitty? You read between the lines and weren''t mislead or ripped off eh? Good for you fellah! I''m suitably  impressed, with your foresight and meticulous disection and understanding of all the ''Media'' offerings, that the ''caring'' club release to the outside and the ''real'' world!. I enjoy it when the club management, squad, board and ''Mr Nearly (everything must go through me first) Doncincarcerator'' churn out sanctimonious pap! Yep that''s what it is! Appease the fan''s they''re revolting!

I don''t buy programmes, I maybe on occasion, will read the ''bumph'' on the sports pages of the local tabloids - if I can be ''hearsed!'' It''s like a loop!..... Worthy says:.........well actually, I don''t really care what he says (or thinks) because in reality, him and the club really don''t care what I think! They want to be my friend in February, when it''s time ''to renew my plastic pew'' and maybe when the raffle tickets are shoved through the letterbox! I mentioned on a previous thread, about the omission of any pictorial or written contribution from Ashton and Green in (The Canary) season ticket thingummy newspaper type doo-dah......Can''t think why they didn''t feature in there, can you? I ''read between the lines'' regarding (The Canary) publication, and I think I know (without being mislead) why they both didn''t feature in said ''Rag''.  I''m prepared - and so are my emotions chum, as I know it will happen again and again.......It''s a fact of life isn''t it?

Maybe you''ve got your wooly NCFC balaclava on back to front - and can''t see the wood for the trees matey! ;~)

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="fluff"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So Squitty/Dicky Walter Mitty? You read between the lines and weren''t mislead or ripped off eh? Good for you fellah! I''m suitably  impressed, with your foresight and meticulous disection and understanding of all the ''Media'' offerings, that the ''caring'' club release to the outside and the ''real'' world!. I enjoy it when the club management, squad, board and ''Mr Nearly (everything must go through me first) Doncincarcerator'' churn out sanctimonious pap! Yep that''s what it is! Appease the fan''s they''re revolting!

I don''t buy programmes, I maybe on occasion, will read the ''bumph'' on the sports pages of the local tabloids - if I can be ''hearsed!'' It''s like a loop!..... Worthy says:.........well actually, I don''t really care what he says (or thinks) because in reality, him and the club really don''t care what I think! They want to be my friend in February, when it''s time ''to renew my plastic pew'' and maybe when the raffle tickets are shoved through the letterbox! I mentioned on a previous thread, about the omission of any pictorial or written contribution from Ashton and Green in (The Canary) season ticket thingummy newspaper type doo-dah......Can''t think why they didn''t feature in there, can you? I ''read between the lines'' regarding (The Canary) publication, and I think I know (without being mislead) why they both didn''t feature in said ''Rag''.  I''m prepared - and so are my emotions chum, as I know it will happen again and again.......It''s a fact of life isn''t it?

Maybe you''ve got your wooly NCFC balaclava on back to front - and can''t see the wood for the trees matey! ;~)

[/quote]

I''d like to help you but I''m not sure what your problem is. My response was to Fluff as he doesn''t seem to get whats going on, you claim to know but you still prattle on like theres something you want to happen differently. If you can suggest a way that the club could do transfers differenetly perhaps we could use that as a starting point to clear your thoughts.

So Squit I dont know whats going on do i?  You obviously didnt read another of my post where I stated that after working within the inner bowels of the club for close to 5 years as a scout and assessor for the academy, I packed it in because of the direction that the club is taking!

Hmmmmmm

Its because of people like you with your ''well we done ok'' mentality that this once respected club is going bland on us.  There is no accountability at the club, whether it is players, staff or directors because of it.  Why is it that Wigan, Palace, Reading and Sheff utd (all clubs supposedly beneath us) are doing so well?  Ok Wigan has Whelan''s cash, but all are doing well because of ambition and a good driver steering them.  We will never do anything until there are some serious changes.  In the meantime it will be cap in hand, we are skint or some excuse again (with a serious looking Doncaster) in the paper 

[quote user="fluff"]

So Squit I dont know whats going on do i?  You obviously didnt read another of my post where I stated that after working within the inner bowels of the club for close to 5 years as a scout and assessor for the academy, I packed it in because of the direction that the club is taking!

Hmmmmmm

Its because of people like you with your ''well we done ok'' mentality that this once respected club is going bland on us.  There is no accountability at the club, whether it is players, staff or directors because of it.  Why is it that Wigan, Palace, Reading and Sheff utd (all clubs supposedly beneath us) are doing so well?  Ok Wigan has Whelan''s cash, but all are doing well because of ambition and a good driver steering them.  We will never do anything until there are some serious changes.  In the meantime it will be cap in hand, we are skint or some excuse again (with a serious looking Doncaster) in the paper 

[/quote]

Well Fluff for someone with your background you seem incredibly naive. I don''t know where you get the idea that the clubs you mentioned are ''beneath us'' but that seems very arrogant. I think naivety and arrogance is a dangerous mixture it must be affecting your ability to think clearly.

Do you realise you and I are supposed to totally disagree, be poles apart, have no common ground. Why? Because we have opposing views on Worthington.

As it happens I thought your comments on this thread just summed up the mentality of some people who can''t see through anything, no wonder they get so steamed up.

Here''s to having a mind of your own, not buying your opinions at the news stand and plotting your own path.

[quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="fluff"]

Hmmmmmm

[/quote]

Well Fluff for someone with your background you seem incredibly naive. I don''t know where you get the idea that the clubs you mentioned are ''beneath us'' but that seems very arrogant. I think naivety and arrogance is a dangerous mixture it must be affecting your ability to think clearly.

[/quote]

Naivety and arrogance are a dangerous concoction are they Squitty/Dicky Walter Mitty? Having a go at Fluff because he dared to give negative vibes against the club!

Well, I think our beloved  ''ickle'' club have certainly displayed that dangerous mixture recently.....Not that you would have noticed......or blindly refuse to accept ''Diddley Squit!'' Are you an employee of the club? Do you really live in Old Catton? What''s the name of the Pub in Spixworth Road? The name of the Church on Church Street? Which famous authoress lived in a property on Spixworth Road, and what''s the title of the book was she famous for?

Or do you live daarn Saarf and travel to the occasional game? Go on ''Squidicky'' - can you answer the above questions? Just mildly curious, and to see if you are being genuine about your background!! ;~)    

So what experience do you possess, Squit, of playing or coaching football at a high level? What makes you qualified to be so arrogant and dismissive? 

[quote user="fluff"]So Squit I dont know whats going on do i?  You obviously didnt read another of my post where I stated that after working within the inner bowels of the club for close to 5 years as a scout and assessor for the academy, I packed it in because of the direction that the club is taking![/quote]2 words for you.Utter tripe.and you know it.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="fluff"]

Hmmmmmm

[/quote]

[/quote]

Naivety and arrogance are a dangerous concoction are they Squitty/Dicky Walter Mitty? Having a go at Fluff because he dared to give negative vibes against the club!

Well, I think our beloved  ''ickle'' club have certainly displayed that dangerous mixture recently.....Not that you would have noticed......or blindly refuse to accept ''Diddley Squit!'' Are you an employee of the club? Do you really live in Old Catton? What''s the name of the Pub in Spixworth Road? The name of the Church on Church Street? Which famous authoress lived in a property on Spixworth Road, and what''s the title of the book was she famous for?

Or do you live daarn Saarf and travel to the occasional game? Go on ''Squidicky'' - can you answer the above questions? Just mildly curious, and to see if you are being genuine about your background!! ;~)    

[/quote]

Employee = No

Old Catton = Yes

Pub = Maids Head

Church = St. Margarets

Anna Sewell wrote Black Beauty

Daarn Saarf = No

Games = Season Ticket

I reckon I got them all correct, what my prize????????????

[quote user="LinkNR9"]So what experience do you possess, Squit, of playing or coaching football at a high level? What makes you qualified to be so arrogant and dismissive? [/quote]

I don''t have any experience of coaching or playing at a high level but if I worked in an organisation and got things as naively wrong as Fluff (who worked in the bowels of the club for close to 5 years) I''d expect to be dismissed. It sounds to me that Fluff is upset that none of you have made the connection between him not working at the club and its ''downfall''. Maybe one of you should start a post saying ''If only Fluff was back at the club everything would be OK''.

[quote user="A load of squit"]

[quote user="LinkNR9"]So what experience do you possess, Squit, of playing or coaching football at a high level? What makes you qualified to be so arrogant and dismissive? [/quote]

I don''t have any experience of coaching or playing at a high level but if I worked in an organisation and got things as naively wrong as Fluff (who worked in the bowels of the club for close to 5 years) I''d expect to be dismissed. It sounds to me that Fluff is upset that none of you have made the connection between him not working at the club and its ''downfall''. Maybe one of you should start a post saying ''If only Fluff was back at the club everything would be OK''.

[/quote]looks like fluff isn''t the only one to work with bowels los!

Congratulations! You are definately Squitty/Walter Mitty!

Now, I will immediately alert the forum ''Worthy outer''s/doubter''s and confirm that you''re truly not Dicky!

Seven answers correct - your prizes are on the way!

A pair of XXXL ''spacehopper sized''  Japanese love eggs, a set of nipple clamps (12v battery included) and a free 2 day colonic irrigation. Well done, you''ve certainly justified your rewards! ;~)

"I bet you cheated and looked on the t''internet for the answers!" OTBC  

[quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="fluff"]

Hmmmmmm

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Employee = No

Old Catton = Yes

Pub = Maids Head

Church = St. Margarets

Anna Sewell wrote Black Beauty

Daarn Saarf = No

Games = Season Ticket

I reckon I got them all correct, what my prize????????????

[/quote]

Your prize is a season ticket to Worthys next club.

Worthy OUT.

Wow you are not as stupid as every one makes out! Ha, you sussed it!

So is my opinion so wrong that it gives you the right to call me many things?  Can you please show me the error in my ways so to prevent any further naivety, ignorance or arrogance?  Or is my opinion so wrong and different to yours that I should forget nearly thirty years of watching city and change my personal preference of good passing attacking football to the lump it up the pitch hit and hoping that you so obviously endorse? 

P.S. Are you Howard Wilkinson?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Congratulations! You are definately Squitty/Walter Mitty!

Now, I will immediately alert the forum ''Worthy outer''s/doubter''s and confirm that you''re truly not Dicky!

Seven answers correct - your prizes are on the way!

A pair of XXXL ''spacehopper sized''  Japanese love eggs, a set of nipple clamps (12v battery included) and a free 2 day colonic irrigation. Well done, you''ve certainly justified your rewards! ;~)

"I bet you cheated and looked on the t''internet for the answers!" OTBC  

[/quote]

To be honest I did drive past the church after going to the shops ''cos I wasn''t sure I''d got it right!

[quote user="fluff"]

Wow you are not as stupid as every one makes out! Ha, you sussed it!

So is my opinion so wrong that it gives you the right to call me many things?  Can you please show me the error in my ways so to prevent any further naivety, ignorance or arrogance?  Or is my opinion so wrong and different to yours that I should forget nearly thirty years of watching city and change my personal preference of good passing attacking football to the lump it up the pitch hit and hoping that you so obviously endorse? 

P.S. Are you Howard Wilkinson?

[/quote]

Oh dear, another one who''s lost the original argument so they''ve moved on to a rant. You have to go back to your first post, you were complaining about being mislead and I told you to read between the lines next time.

" I stated that after working within the inner bowels of the club for close to 5 years as a scout and assessor for the academy "

Perhaps you might care to let us know exactly who you are so that we don''t get the mistaken impression that it is you who is the Walter Mitty charactor.

After all there can''t be so many ex scouts out there that we couldn''t verify who you were.

I should hate to think that you were adding this qualification to stop ordinary folk from wondering whether your comment about the inner bowels was rather a too close a description of the origins of your thoughts.

You can pm me off list if you wish and I will do the necessary checks upon your credentials, without revealing your details to the hoards of the great unwashed that populate this board.

I don''t think the club lied over deano at the time or now, but they did create a very good and some would say misleading impression that deano would be staying.  I suspect many took the club''s statement at face value, without realising fully it was a negotiating position and of course the truth at the same time.its clear that up until the last moment, city used the ''no acceptable bid statement'' as a negotiating position to get the best possible price and also to signify that deano would only go if silly money was offered - deano must have accepted this position, unlike francis for example who told everyone he wanted away.whats not clear is if deano wanted to go as soon as w.ham showed interest, you would expect so given they spent 2 weeks negotiating, gradually upping their price.  if deano didn''t want to go at all, then hammers wouldn''t have persued it futher from their initial bid. to his credit, deano must have supported city''s negotiating position and have been prepared to honour his contract, until our stance was weakened beyond repair by losing at home to watford which effectively scuppered our push for the play-offs.  either deano must have unilaterally said to the club he wanted to go at that point, or the hammers must have said no to 8m afterwards and maybe even threatened to withdraw in which case deano must have sided with them for city to settle at 7.25m - not even half way house.probably, if no one offered beyond 5.5m, then deano would still be at city now.To my mind, if doncaster issued his no acceptable bid statement when knowing deano wanted to go for sure and the deal was virtually done, then he gave out the wrong signal. if he didn''t, then he was acting in the best interests of city.Either way, no apology should be necessary between people who are doing their best for the club as employees or as fans over this matter.  its a storm in a tea-cup, nothing more, nothing less.

, then as soon as w.ham came in for deano, and the comments after his signing makes it clearafter his made firm bids for him, we can only assume that deano 

Well reasoned lgt. The only issue about lying arises from the over exited members of this board who have convinced themselves that they have every right to be informed over every minute action in regard to transfer dealings.

Will these same self appointed spokespersons for the terminally stupid be clamouring for the same openness from any clubs that are selling players to us ? Are the club at fault because any present negotiations are not being regularly relayed to the press as with the old teleprinter on BBC1 around 4.40 on a saturday afternon. No. Of course not.

The alledged deception no more than the predictable fuss made by the usual ragbag of malcontents, binners and other assorted riffraff hellbent on trying to discredit the club.

You only have to read this board to see the same suspects leaping upon anything that can be twisted to fit their warped agenda.