cambridgeshire canary

Todays injury updates- Krul possible to start next week against Reading, Ruup back for Cardiff

'No [injury] news and that's good news. All the players involved Wednesday are available tomorrow. Every training session helps the lads, especially Todd, Kenny, Kieran and Jordan.

I expect Lukas Rupp to be a topic for Cardiff. I'm very, very sure Tim Krul could be involved then, he could even be involved for the Reading game. But we will see how things develop. '

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Thanks 1

I wonder what our strongest XI is if everyone were fit and 9 subs?

I wonder how far we are away from that?

My guess...

Krul    (inj)

Aarons Hanley Gibson (inj)  Qunitilla (inj)

Rupp (inj)    Skipp

Buendia       Cantwell       Hernandez  (inj)

Pukki

McGovern Byram (inj) Zimmerman McLean Vrancic Placheta(inj) Steipermann Dowell Hugill                 

..Tettey Sorenson Mumba (inj) Idah (inj)

If by next weekend Krul , Gibson, Rupp and Placheta are all back, all of a sudden we're looking pretty strong

• Like 1

Getting very better, very quickly.

Great news re: Krul, although McGovern has done well, especially of late and despite all his perceived weaknesses.

I hope Cantwell gets a decent showing. When he's up for it things do tend to happen. He came on @ 75 mins on Wednesday and laid on Emi's shot in the 76th., after all.

I expect the same eleven to start, as that's Farke's way, but he's also got a lot more expansive with his substitutions of late so I'd expect to see both Todd and Kenny, at least, feature at some stage.

What a good little player Martin is. He's instantly slotted in with effect and it's instantly obvious that he has talent and a lot to offer. Reminds me of Lewis's impact a couple of seasons ago. He has clearly tired as the game progresses though, so he'll likely start, but won't finish.  

Edited by BroadstairsR

I like the look of Martin when he has the ball at his feet and when we're really on the front foot, but I find he does seem very prone to drifting in and out of games. He really needs to work on this.

28 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

'No [injury] news and that's good news. All the players involved Wednesday are available tomorrow. Every training session helps the lads, especially Todd, Kenny, Kieran and Jordan.

I expect Lukas Rupp to be a topic for Cardiff. I'm very, very sure Tim Krul could be involved then, he could even be involved for the Reading game. But we will see how things develop. '

I have been aligning my shakra and praying to Odin and Tim Krul has been healed!

you’re welcome, everyone.

47 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I wonder what our strongest XI is if everyone were fit and 9 subs?

I wonder how far we are away from that?

My guess...

Krul    (inj)

Aarons Hanley Gibson (inj)  Qunitilla (inj)

Rupp (inj)    Skipp

Buendia       Cantwell       Hernandez  (inj)

Pukki

McGovern Byram (inj) Zimmerman McLean Vrancic Placheta(inj) Steipermann Dowell Hugill                 

..Tettey Sorenson Mumba (inj) Idah (inj)

If by next weekend Krul , Gibson, Rupp and Placheta are all back, all of a sudden we're looking pretty strong

Anyone else think we are defensively stronger with Sorensen at LB than Xavi?

39 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

I like the look of Martin when he has the ball at his feet and when we're really on the front foot, but I find he does seem very prone to drifting in and out of games. He really needs to work on this.

I think this is a standard feature of young players- he's still finding his feet at this level so consistency will come with more experience.

26 minutes ago, king canary said:

I think this is a standard feature of young players- he's still finding his feet at this level so consistency will come with more experience.

I agree to some extent, and definitely that it's part of consistency, but particularly when we're not in possession, he really seems to lose application.

In cricket terms think of it as being the difference between a Gooch and a Gower.

5 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

I agree to some extent, and definitely that it's part of consistency, but particularly when we're not in possession, he really seems to lose application.

In cricket terms think of it as being the difference between a Gooch and a Gower.

You're going to need to update your cricket references a bit, both of those were a bit before my time.

13 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Haha gooch

Lets hope the good injury news does not mean bad news on the results front.  Just the prospect we might encounter this would be typical Norwich City.

You won't see Quintella any time soon when he recovers will need to isolate for 10 days possibly longer if Spain gets onto travel ban, whatever Sorensen looks to be the better option now getting more attack minded.. 

59 minutes ago, king canary said:

You're going to need to update your cricket references a bit, both of those were a bit before my time.

Gooch was basically ultra-consistent, ultra-professional and on it all the time, but was a bit formulaic (an exceptional Test batsman though). Gower was much more.... ethereal. Capable of some unfiltered and pure brilliance but was just as likely to get out just when he should have settled in, usually doing something where concentration wasn't really at its best.

EDIT: Actually, put Boycott in for Gooch. Yeah, he's from even further back, but everyone knew he was a blocker and then some.

Edited by TheGunnShow

One of the if advantages of getting players back is it allows certain players to hit it hard for 70 mins knowing we have strength in depth to replace them.  's where the 5 subs rule will now benefit us,

Martin seems to have slipped in seamlessly. What fee would folk now thing acceptable if we had bought him as a promising youngster (as with Maddison) ?

Omotoye looks like he is being carefully eased in and will be a welcome addition to the attacking group, more since he has shown a fast pair of legs and a maturity that suggests his step up is not simply based on him having make to up the numbers

To find ourselves 3 points clear at the top having been down to the bare bones says much for the depth of the squad as it does for the ability to doggedly grind out the points.

And as the more find their way back, the more the minutes can be spread over a wider group - something that will affect clubs with weaker squads over all

4 hours ago, king canary said:

No, stick to this time frame please 😄 I can’t keep up with who’s in the current England team, especially as they seem to have different XIs for Tests, One Day and 20/20 matches.