TeemuVanBasten

If there was a POTS vote today

21 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Could say the same for Pukki though, when he was out.

Could do, but in my opinion, Krul has performed better this season. Hence why I voted Krul.

14 hours ago, sgncfc said:

This is a joke right?

I know the thread is about who should get POTS if awarded today and Hanley has played exceeding well but he's also made numerous mistakes as well. How can posters credit him more than say someone like Skipp who is also in the thick of the engine room every game as well ?  17 matches have been played but posters remember only the last 2 ! Sorensen's had about 10 minutes at CM, scored a goal from about 8 yards out (maybe would not have got the opportunity if playing at CM - only had space playing LB), has stuck generally to his task at leftback but in most games been "skinned" by the opposition winger. A big pat on the back for both players but others are performing more complex roles ! 

Doesn't this site run a poll, with each match report, for player of the match?

The percentage vote cast for the main players is listed.

Without looking into it I would guess that Krul has topped the poll most times. There you have it and for anybody into this sort of thing there's an ongoing tally to be kept up with.

Krul and Hanley right up there in contention but in terms of the importance of a players contribution to our season Sorensen can not be ignored either. If he had not stepped up in a position completely unfamiliar to him things could have been very different. He will have the odd game where he struggles (today could be a test) but he’d be in my top three. 

8 hours ago, Six Pack said:

I know the thread is about who should get POTS if awarded today and Hanley has played exceeding well but he's also made numerous mistakes as well. How can posters credit him more than say someone like Skipp who is also in the thick of the engine room every game as well ?  17 matches have been played but posters remember only the last 2 ! Sorensen's had about 10 minutes at CM, scored a goal from about 8 yards out (maybe would not have got the opportunity if playing at CM - only had space playing LB), has stuck generally to his task at leftback but in most games been "skinned" by the opposition winger. A big pat on the back for both players but others are performing more complex roles ! 

OK, if that's seriously what you think. But you might want to take a look at the game grades given out by various organisations. Across several of these and for all games so far Hanley is equal first with Buendia. Skipp is somewhere between 9th and 11th. They can't all be wrong. It just might be that you are.

Hmm... always a hard question...

But...

1. Krul

2. Aarons

3. Gibson (what a difference he made to the defence)

4. Skipp

5. Hanley

13 hours ago, sgncfc said:

OK, if that's seriously what you think. But you might want to take a look at the game grades given out by various organisations. Across several of these and for all games so far Hanley is equal first with Buendia. Skipp is somewhere between 9th and 11th. They can't all be wrong. It just might be that you are.

Fair enough sgncfc - no one's denying he's playing well  - in fact saw him as MOM on a number of occasions this season. I know he's been in the Championship team of the week a number of times - but we'll talking about POTS. Example  was brilliant today before Elliott got past him. I suppose he could be applauded for getting back and quickly getting in a challenge but a goal resulted so is that a blemish ?

19 hours ago, Robornio said:

Hmm... always a hard question...

But...

1. Krul

2. Aarons

3. Gibson (what a difference he made to the defence)

4. Skipp

5. Hanley

Not including Pukki in a top 5?

Frankly, anyone who hasn't got Pukki in their top 3 needs to try again.

I think Skipp deserves a lot of credit.  Settled in, does the unglamorous work tirelessly, and has great vision on the ball.  A real team player who has a great attitude.

• Like 1

I think that there is a workable 11 suggested over the last two pages, that peobably says quite a lot.    I'd give it to whoever we want to sign a long contract extension soonest

17 hours ago, Six Pack said:

Fair enough sgncfc - no one's denying he's playing well  - in fact saw him as MOM on a number of occasions this season. I know he's been in the Championship team of the week a number of times - but we'll talking about POTS. Example  was brilliant today before Elliott got past him. I suppose he could be applauded for getting back and quickly getting in a challenge but a goal resulted so is that a blemish ?

Were talking player  of the season , not perfect player of the season....we dont have any of them ..... so it wouldn't cost much to not set up and not award a trophy. 

8 hours ago, GJP said:

Not including Pukki in a top 5?

Frankly, anyone who hasn't got Pukki in their top 3 needs to try again.

In your opinion. But up until the recently Teemu wasn’t playing at his best. If he continues to play like he did against Blackburn or Bristol City for the rest of the season, I’m sure he would be. What a silly comment, when it’s subjective.

15 hours ago, Mat McGauley said:

Tim Krul for me without him we would have at the very least drawn a few games, Pukki close second though.

This is more like it.

• Like 1