TeemuVanBasten

If there was a POTS vote today

Lets just pretend the season got called off. 

Who would your vote go to? 

Tough one, but I think I'd have to go Max Aarons... been immense this season so far and improved massively in the final third. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

Could be Pukki again if he gets the goal  haul that wins promotion. I’d love it to be Emi though, imagine if his love was rekindled here and he signs a new improved contract (not going to happen though) 

9 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Lets just pretend the season got called off. 

Who would your vote go to? 

Tough one, but I think I'd have to go Max Aarons... been immense this season so far and improved massively in the final third. 

Sorry should have took time to read your thread properly, Krul for me so far. He just installs confidence throughout the team to go out and win matches. 

• Like 2

In all seriousness, have to agree, Hanley has been very good  indeed. Sorensen  has hardly put a foot wrong.  Max superb. Emi his usual brilliant and  frustrating self. Krul  a colossus  and leader. Rupp a revelation.  Skipp outstandingly  combative and efficient . Add the  potentially  excellent  Placheta  and the glimpse  we got of Bali Mumba   and not forgetting our cool Finnish Finisher...... it's a tough  question  TvB but if the season  ends now  has to be big Tim Krul for me, leadership , his pens , but most of all it's because I believe  that  we wouldn't be where we are without him.

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Like 1

I'd probably vote  Rupp just for the incredible turnaround in performances. He was pinnacle to us avoiding the premier league hangover because he showed immediately that himself and the team were easily able to be competitive in the championship. Cant remember the last time a player managed to change so many fans opinions in such a short time (possibly Iwan best example of that.... not that I'm comparing Rupp to such a legend!)

Could be between up to eight players at the moment. I won't argue with anyone saying Krul, Rupp, Hanley, Skipp, Pukki, Aarons, or Buendia, but I'd go left-field for my choice right now for reasons that have already been said, and my choice would be Sorensen.

Vrancic and Krul have contributed most towards match winning this season so far, so either would be a good shout imo, but the player who has impressed me the most, particularly as a newby to the squad is Sorensen playing well wherever he has been asked to play and capping that with an excellent goal yesterday. 

Lukas Rupp has to be up there - Hugely impressed by his passing, movement and energy 

Imagine the midfield movement and passing ability of Rupp - Skip - Todd - Buendia - Dowell ...... Jeez! I better go sit down! My head is spinning!

44 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Tim Krul, we can clearly see how important he is to the team now he is out

Could say the same for Pukki though, when he was out.

Rupp would be up there but since he got injured it's "out of sight out of mind". Been really impressed with Hanley, Aarons doesn't have poor games he's just remarkably consistent for someone so young, Skipp's played really well, Buendia is back in the goals and continues to be way too good for the Chumps, Krul's immense as usual, Sorenson has come into the side at short notice in the wrong position and still looks like an upgrade....

Loads to choose from.

Drmic has been superb this year, we’ve looked so much better without him.

Hanley has it for me at this time, though Sorensen would be there too!

• Haha 1

Krul, Hanley, Rupp probably in that order.

But I would expect Pukki, Emi, Todd etc to all have a big say by the time the season actually draws to a close

It's too hard! Can't we just put all their names in a hat? 

I have to agree with the Drmic argument, POTS for Drmic in some Swiss gym 

Does POTS mean anything or is worth anything to the the players ? Is it taken seriously  ??

If the answer is yes then why are the voters so charitable ? Why are fans giving inferior players/underdogs double votes ? Social  mentality is to support those with disabilities but this is absolutely ridiculous !

Hanley and Sorensen are not better than Pukki, Buendia, Aarons ??!! Where do you think this team will be without the likes of Pukki, Buendia, Aarons, Krul, Cantwell or even Vrancic ? About 16th on the table !

POTS should not be picked on effort or improvement. Hanley and Sorensen - Ludicrous ! What a charity ! I'm surprise "Kenny" isn't on here !

4 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Rupp would be up there but since he got injured it's "out of sight out of mind". Been really impressed with Hanley, Aarons doesn't have poor games he's just remarkably consistent for someone so young, Skipp's played really well, Buendia is back in the goals and continues to be way too good for the Chumps, Krul's immense as usual, Sorenson has come into the side at short notice in the wrong position and still looks like an upgrade....

Loads to choose from.

I rarely if ever agreed with you last season CW, but you’ve written my post for me here (except you’ve missed out Teemu).

It would be between Krull and Hanley for me, with Aaron’s, Skipp, Rupp and Pukki all in with a chance of changing that over the coming matches.

If as you said the season finished now however it would have to be Hanley on the basis that he has held a changing back 4 together in Kruls abscence. I would be a rich man this year if I had a pound for every time a commentator said, cleared away by Hanley, Hanley gets to that one in the air, Hanley was so strong there, Hanley uses all his experience to edge out the forward, Hanley plays a lovely ball out and finally what we have heard more in the last few games Hanley strides forward.

14 hours ago, Six Pack said:

Does POTS mean anything or is worth anything to the the players ? Is it taken seriously  ??

If the answer is yes then why are the voters so charitable ? Why are fans giving inferior players/underdogs double votes ? Social  mentality is to support those with disabilities but this is absolutely ridiculous !

Hanley and Sorensen are not better than Pukki, Buendia, Aarons ??!! Where do you think this team will be without the likes of Pukki, Buendia, Aarons, Krul, Cantwell or even Vrancic ? About 16th on the table !

POTS should not be picked on effort or improvement. Hanley and Sorensen - Ludicrous ! What a charity ! I'm surprise "Kenny" isn't on here !

This is a joke right?

• Like 1