Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Sorenson urged to shoot by teammates

I see that Sorenson has thanked his teammates as they've urged him to shoot more in games.

This suggests that he must be a decent finisher? Hopefully in the longer term if he nails that centre midfield spot he can develop into a decent goalscoring midfielder? 

With Rupp yet to score for us, and Skipp yet to score in his career, being able to bang in a goal now and again might be a major deciding factor when it comes to how our midfield shapes up when we're back to somewhere near full fitness? 

When he signed Farke said...

“From defensive midfield positions, he’s also been capable of scoring goals, something we have been lacking. I think we’ve got a really good talent. We hope he can help us in the short and long term.”

A LB is what we need at the moment he is doing vey well, we are well enough covered in DM Rupp, Skipp, Tettey, Maclean who are doing well also.

Quintella to come back will he get his place back.

Just now, pete said:

A LB is what we need at the moment he is doing vey well, we are well enough covered in DM Rupp, Skipp, Tettey, Maclean who are doing well also.

Quintella to come back will he get his place back.

That's why I said longer term.

That was a terrific strike from Sorensen. Powerful along the ground is the percentage shot in the situation he was in and - that was powerful - and even though the goalie was there, it was just too strong a shot for him to get down to in time.  Goals starting to come from everywhere on the pitch which is good, both full backs scored now.

We have at times been a bit loathe to shoot, but yesterday definitely showed the value of having a go.  Against a packed defence there’s always a fair chance of a deflection going our way.

I'm not disparaging the rest of our signings because in time I'm sure most of them will be great players for us but so far Sorenson looks like the only one who could comfortably play in the PL right now. Really great signing and one I pegged to potentially be a flop which shows what I know lol. 

It was crying out for him to cut inside and shoot all through the first half. They were leaving him in loads of space and he was getting on some great positions. I hope now he will try it more. It was interesting that he said in his interview that Farke has been telling him to get into some more advanced positions because I think we've become a little predictable down that side of late because sides know he's always going to cut back inside. Not his fault, he's done a fantastic job for us in that position and rarely gives the ball away. Teams are starting to target him though so it will be good when we get Quintilla back.

I'm quite excited to see him play central midfield when the opportunity finally arises. He seems to read the game very well.

3 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

It was crying out for him to cut inside and shoot all through the first half. They were leaving him in loads of space and he was getting on some great positions. I hope now he will try it more. It was interesting that he said in his interview that Farke has been telling him to get into some more advanced positions because I think we've become a little predictable down that side of late because sides know he's always going to cut back inside. Not his fault, he's done a fantastic job for us in that position and rarely gives the ball away. Teams are starting to target him though so it will be good when we get Quintilla back.

I'm quite excited to see him play central midfield when the opportunity finally arises. He seems to read the game very well.

Its defo true that sides have targeted him. 

But I think Forest would have played all their football down that side anyway, with Lolley and Knockheart being their best two players. 

2 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Exactly the bit in bold makes me think that when he gets into midfield, he might take a couple of games to find his feet, then fly. There's obviously a lot of football intelligence in him, not to mention good technique, to pull off the performances he has done in a position he's not played in before, all whilst clocking up an excellent assist against Bristol and then scoring that low fizzer last night.

Looks a really complete player.