Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

When/If Quintillà comes back would you like to see Sørensen get his debut in midfield?

5 minutes ago, NeymarSmith said:

Unsure how you have the inside knowledge and I am sure that you won't say.  But fine man, you are entitled to your opinion on why they signed skipp, I just happen to disagree

Okay buddy, we can just enjoy watching him for the rest of the season can’t we 🙂 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NeymarSmith said:

Unsure how you have the inside knowledge and I am sure that you won't say.  But fine man, you are entitled to your opinion on why they signed skipp, I just happen to disagree

Have you heard of something called a loan fee? 

1 minute ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Have you heard of something called a loan fee? 

You don’t have to pay a loan for for all players and we didn’t for Skipp. Which was why the deal was so appealing. Don’t believe it if you don’t want to. 

5 minutes ago, YellowSubmarine said:

You don’t have to pay a loan for for all players and we didn’t for Skipp. Which was why the deal was so appealing. Don’t believe it if you don’t want to. 

I don't believe you. We paid a loan fee. 

8 minutes ago, YellowSubmarine said:

I would have an easier time believing you if you hadn't also said that there was little loan interest from the Championship for a highly rated England U21 player, for free I might add. Champs club will always be interested in such players. Also Spurs let us have him as backup to Sorenson and we just saw him as a way to help the homegrown quota. I find all of that hard to believe in one package. 

Edited by seanthecanary

23 minutes ago, NeymarSmith said:

Firstly I don't understand what me liking Jose or not has to do with skipp being a good DM.

Maybe skipp at present is not at the level required for spurs, which is fine as he is young. I think I've read that he is highly rated at spurs anyway, did Jose himself not say Skipp is a future captain at spurs? 

Secondly, I can't argue about the one forward pass yesterday. If it is even true I am unsure. He also played second half, what was his passing stats there. Further more he did defend well and made himself available all 90mins yesterday so.

I am unsure if it is true but he isn't really in the team to be creative or forward passing, more to break up play and defend. How anyone can say he hasn't been very good this year is beyond me.

Sorry, but I don't doubt his ability in the Championship. He is just rather limited. Have you once this season said "wow, that was a good pass" ? I doubt it but I've said that several times about Sorenson. For me, Skipp is another Harrison Reed. Good enough to get us out of the Championship but that's it. A bit like Korey Smith. You have to have more to your game in the Premier League and he just doesn't have it. But a very good player to have on loan in the Championship. 

34 minutes ago, seanthecanary said:

I would have an easier time believing you if you hadn't also said that there was little loan interest from the Championship for a highly rated England U21 player, for free I might add. Champs club will always be interested in such players. Also Spurs let us have him as backup to Sorenson and we just saw him as a way to help the homegrown quota. I find all of that hard to believe in one package. 

Well I doubt we where that honest with Spurs but that was the initial plan. 

50 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I don't believe you. We paid a loan fee. 

We haven’t. We’re covering his wages which equates to the million pound fee you’ve probably read in the media. 

Damn right I want to see Sorensen get games in the middle of the park. Him and Rupp together is an exciting combo and I think they could work together really well.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, seanthecanary said:

Are you sure that Daniel Levy, the notoriously tough transfer negotiator wouldn't let us have their highly rated U21 midfielder with no assurances of first team football just to improve our homegrown quota and for free?  Seems like the deal of a lifetime for Spurs.

It works for both parties. Whats not to like?

15 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Damn right I want to see Sorensen get games in the middle of the park. Him and Rupp together is an exciting combo and I think they could work together really well.

Lots of choice and squad depth is the answer. Rupp has certainly excelled in that position and Sorensen was clearly earmarked as a permanent signing to take Skipp's place when he/if departs. 

17 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Sorry, but I don't doubt his ability in the Championship. He is just rather limited. Have you once this season said "wow, that was a good pass" ? I doubt it but I've said that several times about Sorenson. For me, Skipp is another Harrison Reed. Good enough to get us out of the Championship but that's it. A bit like Korey Smith. You have to have more to your game in the Premier League and he just doesn't have it. But a very good player to have on loan in the Championship. 

But his job in the team isn't necessarily to be a pass master and to slice open defences. 

His job, which he does incredibly well, is snap,snarl and break up player and protect the back four, which he does very well. As I said before I believe he is the steal and grit we have been missing. 

Yes I cannot recall a pass that has split the defence in two, but I don't recall his passing being overly wayward. I'd say tidy. 

Guess we will see if he will be a future star or not 🙂

I think the best possible scenario is that we go up and we get Skipp for another year. A player of his quality would be needed in the premiership and I'm sure Tettey will be done by then, especially at that level (and no, im not writing off Tettey). 

He has been earmarked by Tottenham already as a first team player for the future. If that doesn't materialise and they put a figure on his head - I'm not sure we could afford him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jaberry2 said:

It works for both parties. Whats not to like?

There is nothing not to like. I just don't believe we signed him on loan for free, as backup to Sorenson and to fulfill the Homegrown criteria. The HG thing especially makes no sense to me and my admittedly bad maths. It was always planned that the club wouldn't use Trybull, Leitner and Drmic this year. We also had Duda go, all non HG players gone from the squad of last season in which we stayed within the parameters of the rule. We've only added Platcheta and Sorenson to the squad so we I doubt we are signing players just because they are HG. Unless of course the rules in the champs are different but I'm not aware that they are. 

2 minutes ago, seanthecanary said:

There is nothing not to like. I just don't believe we signed him on loan for free, as backup to Sorenson and to fulfill the Homegrown criteria. The HG thing especially makes no sense to me and my admittedly bad maths. It was always planned that the club wouldn't use Trybull, Leitner and Drmic this year. We also had Duda go, all non HG players gone from the squad of last season in which we stayed within the parameters of the rule. We've only added Platcheta and Sorenson to the squad so we I doubt we are signing players just because they are HG. Unless of course the rules in the champs are different but I'm not aware that they are. 

Next time I see Mourinho in Trent Park out walking, which is quite frequently, I will actually ask him and immediately come back on this forum to clarify.

Definite yes for me if he can play like that out of position lots of optimism about how he could play in position, given the age of tettey and the injury to Rupp he would sit in well alongside Skipp and possibly even replace Steipermann if need be

50 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

I think the best possible scenario is that we go up and we get Skipp for another year. A player of his quality would be needed in the premiership and I'm sure Tettey will be done by then, especially at that level (and no, im not writing off Tettey). 

He has been earmarked by Tottenham already as a first team player for the future. If that doesn't materialise and they put a figure on his head - I'm not sure we could afford him.

He won't ever get anywhere near the first team at Spurs. He is not in the same class as Winks who currently struggles to get on the bench. 

22 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

He won't ever get anywhere near the first team at Spurs. He is not in the same class as Winks who currently struggles to get on the bench. 

Winks is poor

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Harry Winks is also 24, while Skipp is 20.

I agree the odds are somewhat against him but it isn't unthinkable that if he spent a season on loan in the top flight next season that he could come on leaps and bounds.

3 hours ago, seanthecanary said:

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/city-better-placed-to-handle-homegrown-quota-1846508

As well as being identified as a good player and only having to cover his wages(no loan fee), He was signed to boost the HG quota as there was a worry we may have lost, Krul, Aarons, Godfrey, Lewis and Cantwell.