cambridgeshire canary

The table as it stands

42 minutes ago, Number9 said:

We've proven that you can win the Championship whilst allowing opposition teams chances at our goal. 

Premier League players score a higher percentage of those goals which are just missed chances in the Championship. 

We know that Farke has tried to tighten up the defence & midfield to address the problem but obviously there is the possibility that we will achieve promotion this season without enough preparation for a survival in the Premier League next year.

Skipp won't be here next season. 

Gibson may not be here next season. 

Aaron's won't be here next season. 

Quintilla won't be here next season. 

Tettey won't be here next season. 

Rupp didn't do it in the Premier League. 

McLean didn't do it in the Premier League. 

We only have one suitable keeper. 

Etc etc, 

We know that Farke has said he will buy in January, difficult to understand why these areas haven't been addressed previously. 

If it was up to you though we would have got rid of Farke before this season and likely be lingering around midtable trying to rebuild.

As for defending, we are conceding less than our last promotion season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Number9 said:

We've proven that you can win the Championship whilst allowing opposition teams chances at our goal. 

Premier League players score a higher percentage of those goals which are just missed chances in the Championship. 

We know that Farke has tried to tighten up the defence & midfield to address the problem but obviously there is the possibility that we will achieve promotion this season without enough preparation for a survival in the Premier League next year.

Etc etc, 

We know that Farke has said he will buy in January, difficult to understand why these areas haven't been addressed previously. 

That’s not quite right. We have the option to purchase Quintilla and Gibson if we get promoted. Skipp may well come back for a season in the PL on loan. Rupp was played out of position in the PL and as we have seen this season he has been a revelation.  Sorensen is yet to play in his correct position and is a ready made upgrade on what I have seen so far on McLean. 

There is always going to be some turnover of players. Some because they have outgrown Norwich and others because they have come up short.

Also, shall we worry about how we’ll fare in the Prem if and when we actually get promoted!

Edited by Grando
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Number9 said:

Skipp may be here next season

Gibson may be here next season

Aarons if he leaves will mean a huge input of cash to be able to buy one or two good players

Quitilla may be here next season

Tettey will retire from us, with huge honour

Rupp will be better next season for his success this season in his preferred role

McLean will always be a useful player, whichever league we are in

There will be money for buying another keeper, or getting one in on loan as we did before.

Edited by lake district canary
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Skipp may be here next season

Gibson may be here next season

Aarons if he leaves will mean a huge input of cash to be able to buy one or two good players

Quitilla may be here net season

Tettey will retire from us, with huge honour

Rupp will be better next season for his success this season in his preferred role

McLean will always be a udeful player, whichever league we are in

There will be money for buying another keeper, or getting one in on loan as we did before.

@Number9 is just a little salty Farke is proving him wrong yet again 😉

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Rolf Harris said:

Aaron's would stay for another year in the prem. If we went up.

I suspect the majority of the players on Number 9’s list will be here if we go up. 

2 hours ago, Number9 said:

Etc etc, 

Skipp might be able to sign on loan again next season possibly even with an option to buy, we just don’t know yet

Gibson and Quintilla are both available to sign on a permanent deal at the end of this season if we get promoted 

If we did win promotion I can’t see us selling Aarons next summer, and if we did the amount of money I think we would get for him would be more than enough to find a suitable replacement 

Tettey will retire at the end of this season, although I do think he’s probably past his best now

Rupp was played out of position last season, but also being signed in January didn’t get much game time. This season however he’s been fantastic and may turn out better in the PL than he did previously 

I doubt McLean will be first choice next season but we are still yet to see Sorensen play in his natural position and when he does he might turn out brilliant 

We only have one suitable keeper at the moment but McGovern will be 37 at the end of this season and so I think we will have to sign a replacement whether we do or don’t go up. If we do go up, we might be able to sign someone of Fahrmann’s level. Anyway, we will have the money

What you also have to remember is that at the start of last season barely any of our players had PL experience. That’s all changed now. I know we were hopeless when playing behind closed doors but we do rely heavily on fan support, and I do believe that at the start of next season there could be a possibility that the fan restrictions are over

14 hours ago, Six Pack said:

Coming back from injury - the best word to describe his performance is "wobbly"

he had about 5 mins and barely a touch... just good to have him back out there really, can't really judge his performance based on 5 mins other than he did his job

2 hours ago, TESCO said:

May as well end the season now

when do we get to moan about ppg like Liverpool and Leeds fans last season? STOP THE COUNT!

7 hours ago, Grando said:

Also, shall we worry about how we’ll fare in the Prem if and when we actually get promoted!

We didn't seem to last time, and we all know how that worked out. 

6 hours ago, Gordon Bennett said:

I suspect the majority of the players on Number 9’s list will be here if we go up. 

That maybe your hope, not necessarily what's going to happen. 

6 hours ago, HazzaJet said:

Skipp might be able to sign on loan again next season possibly even with an option to buy, we just don’t know yet

Gibson and Quintilla are both available to sign on a permanent deal at the end of this season if we get promoted 

If we did win promotion I can’t see us selling Aarons next summer, and if we did the amount of money I think we would get for him would be more than enough to find a suitable replacement 

Tettey will retire at the end of this season, although I do think he’s probably past his best now

Rupp was played out of position last season, but also being signed in January didn’t get much game time. This season however he’s been fantastic and may turn out better in the PL than he did previously 

I doubt McLean will be first choice next season but we are still yet to see Sorensen play in his natural position and when he does he might turn out brilliant 

We only have one suitable keeper at the moment but McGovern will be 37 at the end of this season and so I think we will have to sign a replacement whether we do or don’t go up. If we do go up, we might be able to sign someone of Fahrmann’s level. Anyway, we will have the money

What you also have to remember is that at the start of last season barely any of our players had PL experience. That’s all changed now. I know we were hopeless when playing behind closed doors but we do rely heavily on fan support, and I do believe that at the start of next season there could be a possibility that the fan restrictions are over

Lots of maybe's and mightbe's in those sentences.

Rupp & McLean showed quite clearly that they are not Premier League players. 

18 hours ago, WD40 said:

Last year was an embarrassment that I won’t soon forget, unfortunately.

Let's wait and see how "embarassed" Sheff Utd, Fulham and West Brom feel come May. I suspect none of them will get many more points than we did. What is happening is that the gap in quality is growing massively every season and will soon be impossible to bridge - hence Project Big Picture.

If Winks can play for England but not get in the Spurs team then I don't think Skipp has a future at that club.

But that isn't to say another club won't buy him.

10 hours ago, sgncfc said:

Let's wait and see how "embarassed" Sheff Utd, Fulham and West Brom feel come May. I suspect none of them will get many more points than we did. What is happening is that the gap in quality is growing massively every season and will soon be impossible to bridge - hence Project Big Picture.

I think that it is also proving the impact of (no) crowds on the less technically talented teams. Sheff Utd have essentially matched our 12 games no wins run despite having had a whole summer to get used to the new environment. 

19 hours ago, Number9 said:

Lots of maybe's and mightbe's in those sentences.

Rupp & McLean showed quite clearly that they are not Premier League players. 

Rupp only arrived in January and so didn’t really have any time to settle in. Some players need more time to settle than others and as he was a foreign signing he probably needed to get used to English football first. Do bear in mind that a lot of our players now have PL experience, when barely any had any at the start of last season.

Edited by HazzaJet
  • Like 4

I was always optimistic about this season but though that we would have a far better second half to the season after the churn of players had settled down. To be top at the moment after all the disruption and our level of injuries is truly amazing, that said would we fare any better if promoted, sadly i am not convinced, but players like Aaronns and Buendia would probably stay and why not Skipp on loan at least he is a long way off from getting into the Spurs side. 

3 hours ago, HazzaJet said:

Rupp only arrived in January and so didn’t really have any time to settle in. Some players need more time to settle than others and as he was a foreign signing he probably needed to get used to English football first. Do bear in mind that a lot of our players now have PL experience, when barely any had any at the start of last season.

Fair comments, however, that's eleven months of Championship performances at best, he's not a Premier League player is he.

Will be interesting to observe our transfers when the window opens in a couple of weeks. 

We've not been in the habit of buying players to improve the starting line up.

It's quite apparent what we need to continue a successful Championship campaign and last season taught us about failing to improve the first team. 

The January window is never a great time to buy, but our injury crisis does show that we could certainly do with strengthening some areas to help push on and keep our current position in the table.

As for what we might do over the summer if we win promotion, I think Webber would probably learn a few lessons from last time, but it's a bit premature to worry about that as yet.

Nice to look at the table right now.  Especially with the binners below Lincoln in Tier 3 at the moment 😀

45 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Fair comments, however, that's eleven months of Championship performances at best, he's not a Premier League player is he.

Will be interesting to observe our transfers when the window opens in a couple of weeks. 

We've not been in the habit of buying players to improve the starting line up.

It's quite apparent what we need to continue a successful Championship campaign and last season taught us about failing to improve the first team. 

Our first team will naturally be in a better position, especially since our younger players now have a year of premier league experience. I also think our signings this summer have been good and generally improved the first team.

• Like 1

Hopefully lessons were learned after the debacle of the 19/20 season recruitment. Quite simply Farke would deserve very firm backing If promotion is achieved. 

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

Our first team will naturally be in a better position, especially since our younger players now have a year of premier league experience. I also think our signings this summer have been good and generally improved the first team.

Who has improved the first team?

Please be specific Hoggy.

1 hour ago, Number9 said:

I feel Sorensen, Gibson, Quintilla, Skipp and Rupp have all improved our first 11/14

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, East Rider said:

I feel Sorensen, Gibson, Quintilla, Skipp and Rupp have all improved our first 11/14

I feel you are right there.

It’s also fair to say the first team is still many light-years away from PL survival standard, if we are destined to reach it again... but that’s a (potential) problem for another day.

4 hours ago, Number9 said:

I believe Gibson, Sorensen, Skipp, and Placheta have improved our first team. I also think Josh Martin having developed another year will be an improvement.

3 hours ago, East Rider said:

Sorensen may have potential but as of today, mmm not yet.

Gibson possibly but time will tell, we do allow players to wander through and have shots still.

Quintilla, has he improved on our defensive situation? No, no assists or goals yet either?

Skipp, yes but has to go back to Josė.

Rupp? Found his level, not a Premier League player. 

Just now, Number9 said:

Sorensen may have potential but as of today, mmm not yet.

Gibson possibly but time will tell, we do allow players to wander through and have shots still.

Quintilla, has he improved on our defensive situation? No, no assists or goals yet either?

Skipp, yes but has to go back to Josė.

Rupp? Found his level, not a Premier League player. 

The more of read your posts, the more I think you're a Number2. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I believe Gibson, Sorensen, Skipp, and Placheta have improved our first team. I also think Josh Martin having developed another year will be an improvement.

Placheta has potential but no end product yet. He's jumping up a big level playing in the Championship and has alot to learn. Not there yet.

Josh was playing games for us last season any way, has lots of potential.