cambridgeshire canary

The table as it stands

Well now, top of the table again. 3 points clear of the Cherries in 2nd, and 4 away from those pesky Hornets in 3rd..

And 6 clear of of 7th.

Given our injury crisis I sure will take that. Table still pretty clearly tight, but hey- Could be worse 😉

lulululu.png

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

but but but he wears a hairband and dances on social media

He’s got a single anakin skywalker style plait as well btw

Edited by The Real Buh

To be 3 points clear is impressive , to do it on the back of the injury list we’ve got is absolutely exceptional . 
Just wait until we get a few more back. 
Championship you ain’t seen nothing yet ! 

• Like 1

Its an absolutely ridiculous position considering our injury crisis which a lot of our fans are under estimating. 

I dont know if there's any way to easily check but I'd bet a decent sum that no other championship side has managed this sort of points haul with a similar number of first team injuries.

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

Need him back to his best.

I think the squad has exceeded my expectations considering the insane schedule combined with our injury crisis and the appalling end to last season.

• Like 4

Cantwell instantly sparked the midfield and set up Emi for his "goal." 

He didn't quite come off after that and was lacking a bit of sharpness. He made up for this with effort.

• Like 2

I'd imagine most clubs will have been aware of our injury crisis, and will be thinking 'if we finish above Norwich, we're going up'.  9 wins and 3 draws in the past 13 games is beyond all expectations. 

Great result, superb to see the cavalry (Todd and Kenny) coming back, Sorenson’s first goal, and we even managed to give Omotoye some more match time.  Not much too much to complain about.  

13 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Its an absolutely ridiculous position considering our injury crisis which a lot of our fans are under estimating. 

I dont know if there's any way to easily check but I'd bet a decent sum that no other championship side has managed this sort of points haul with a similar number of first team injuries.

Again - just shows the gulf between the champs and prem that we can have as bad an injury crisis and be top. Not looking forward to next year should we go up. 

9 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Again - just shows the gulf between the champs and prem that we can have as bad an injury crisis and be top. Not looking forward to next year should we go up. 

Fun at parties are you? 😅

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, WD40 said:

It isn't just that though. We are a superbly coached club now, with an embedded style of play that is superior to almost all sides in this division.

I don't think I can remember us dominating games like this consistently as we are at this level before. It's quite brilliant. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Six Pack said:

Too early for McLean but I suppose we needed to take Buendia off before he got red.

Sorry wrong thread - should have been on the official Forest Match thread !

It's completely undeserved. We only got there because of the money we were given from the Premier League and because our owners are Ethnically White... The club has stolen it's prosperity and position in society and should be punished.

8 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Fun at parties are you? 😅

Last year was an embarrassment that I won’t soon forget, unfortunately.

11 minutes ago, Six Pack said:

Too early for McLean but I suppose we needed to take Buendia off before he got red.

was 1 lovely touch by him to bring the ball down from the sky though!

6 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

was 1 lovely touch by him to bring the ball down from the sky though!

Coming back from injury - the best word to describe his performance is "wobbly"

13 minutes ago, Beefy is a legend said:

It isn't just that though. We are a superbly coached club now, with an embedded style of play that is superior to almost all sides in this division.

I don't think I can remember us dominating games like this consistently as we are at this level before. It's quite brilliant. 

Agree - let’s treasure our time in a league where we can say such things 

• Like 1

So 2 games ago we lost to Luton and there were just 2 points which separated 1st and 8th. 

After tonight, we've somehow pulled 3 points clear of 2nd, 4 points of 3rd, and 6 points off 8th. Not entirely sure how that's even possible?!

Absolutely phenomenal achievement considering the injuries, and fantastic to see a few starting to come back to the fray. Let's hope we can rotate the squad a little more over the next few games.

Has your account been hacked Cambridge as this thread title is only five words long ?  😛

The resiliance of our boys is superb. The nrxt four games will need that in bucket loads:

Blackburn Rovers. Away

Reading. Away

Cardiff City. Home

Watford. Away

if we are still clear at the top after these games we really will be favourites to return to the EPL at the first time of asking.

Not going to criticise anyone (I clearly can’t be trusted to be impartial regarding McLean) because the players are giving everything at the moment. There was one period in the 2nd half where Forest were building an attack just outside the box and multiple City players were just throwing themselves at the ball to try and prevent a pass or cross coming in. They’re putting everything on the line and they deserve our appreciation and support right now. Can’t wait to see how well we play when we have more players back from injury as well.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, WD40 said:

We've proven that you can win the Championship whilst allowing opposition teams chances at our goal. 

Premier League players score a higher percentage of those goals which are just missed chances in the Championship. 

We know that Farke has tried to tighten up the defence & midfield to address the problem but obviously there is the possibility that we will achieve promotion this season without enough preparation for a survival in the Premier League next year.

Skipp won't be here next season. 

Gibson may not be here next season. 

Aaron's won't be here next season. 

Quintilla won't be here next season. 

Tettey won't be here next season. 

Rupp didn't do it in the Premier League. 

McLean didn't do it in the Premier League. 

We only have one suitable keeper. 

Etc etc, 

We know that Farke has said he will buy in January, difficult to understand why these areas haven't been addressed previously.