lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Nottm Forest*****

I think we look energetic and with Vrancic and Martin on the ball, have variety in abundance. Forest, unfortunately, do look like they have a goal in them though.

I was going to bemoan the fact that we don't have a left back playing at left back, guess I can't do that anymore now???

Class play from Sorenson in the lead to his goal - first controlling the ball, then working the ball past the full back and to Stiepermann to create the cross. 

I had a funny feeling we were going to score!

3 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Serious question. What effing game do you watch? 

Anyone with a brain can see the guy is a target and links up play superbly. 

Which is why Farke plays him. 

Yet again, the pinkun hate mob have a target, and demonstrate their total ignorance about the game they claim to love. 

With all due respect,Stiepermann done a great job for us two seasons ago but I think its obvious he dwells on the ball too long and his speed of thought leaves a lot to be desired. Like the guy,but he is definitely not the player he was.

Grant's bang on. keep trying those intricate passes & eventually you'll thread one through. Against a packed defence it's your only chance & it has the bonus of pulling open a shooting gap - as Sorensen just beautifully demonstrated.

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Could have been watching it on Sky red button grrrrrrrrrr😠

Try rebooting it, my ifollow is in good time

Just now, Hank shoots Skyler said:

He pops up, hurls insults at everyone and then never responds to anyone calling him out for being incredibly unpleasant.

This is now I imagine Jerry Kerry to be...

• Haha 1

Other scores going our way Reading 2 down, Bristol c Brentford draw.  Reading now 3 down

3 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Could have been watching it on Sky red button grrrrrrrrrr😠

It's still behind. I got the BBC Sports app alert on my phone at least a minute before we scored on the red button.

8 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Yet again, the pinkun hate mob have a target, and demonstrate their total ignorance about the game they claim to love. 

😆he has been much better today, but poor by his standards this season. I like him a lot - he’s unpredictable, he rides tackles to open up space nicely, and with time and facing goal can play a nice ball - but Farke would have dropped him if he had squad depth. 

For me he suits a stretched game not the precision of the packed defences we are facing.

3 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

With all due respect,Stiepermann done a great job for us two seasons ago but I think its obvious he dwells on the ball too long and his speed of thought leaves a lot to be desired. Like the guy,but he is definitely not the player he was.

Actually and quite seriously, he has been not bad in this match

• Like 1

Great play from Sorenson initially in the attack and great finish , this guy's different class , great scouting network to find him and cheap too.otbc

2 minutes ago, crab man said:

rather muted celebration from jakob, he really looked surprised he'd scored 😆

A midfielder playing out of position at left back getting a wonder strike goal via an assist from a centreback?

I would be bemused too

While he took it well I cant imagine Forest fans are too enamoured with their keeper right now- two in two games you can chalk up as 'should have done better.'

2 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

Great play from Sorenson initially in the attack and great finish , this guy's different class , great scouting network to find him and cheap too.otbc

I'd love to see him playing in his proper position.

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

While he took it well I cant imagine Forest fans are too enamoured with their keeper right now- two in two games you can chalk up as 'should have done better.'

It's odd really anytime I have seen their keeper in the past he's been great but having a bit of a wobble tonight it seems

10 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

It's still behind. I got the BBC Sports app alert on my phone at least a minute before we scored on the red button.

You've got a treat coming up in a couple of minutes time, what with the 2 goals, 1 red card and the streaker.

Edited by Crabbycanary3
  • Haha 3

Would like to see us offer more of a threat from corners. Not a short team now with the two central defenders, Sorenson and Stiepermann all on the pitch.

2 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I'd love to see him playing in his proper position.

Hell  yeah but doing great in a position which previously was alien too him.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

This game, the last one, all those before it, and last season.    What effing game are you watching and how much of no clue do you have about this game!   

‘target and links up play’ go on then, as a target, give me one example of him winning a ball in the air tonight... give me three (no, let’s make it easier, find two) examples of him linking the play with any effect tonight!    I’ve watched with unacceptable regularity him making poor decisions and giving possession away.    

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

Watching on multi room in the dining room and no red button

Ah ok, not sure how it works with multi room.