lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Nottm Forest*****

8 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Give it a rest.. .. why can you not just celebrate a win on a match day thread... It's like you have an agenda...

Completely unnecessary and irrelevant too.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Give it a rest.. .. why can you not just celebrate a win on a match day thread... It's like you have an agenda...

I do. Driving out the ludicrous "I didn't get where I wanted to get in society because of X" out of football.

22 minutes ago, ELYOUKAYEE said:

It's almost as if the richest naturally rise to the top because.... Meritocracy.

The BLM crew will be here soon to tell us that Black people would be at the top but they're 'systemically' stopped from doing so.

Stay off the sauce.

43 minutes ago, ELYOUKAYEE said:

It's almost as if the richest naturally rise to the top because.... Meritocracy.

Idiotic and ridiculous post. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mello Yello said:

Can't wait for EFL on Quest and presenter Colin Murray he is worth 50 Gary Linelickers.....Watch EFL it's on at 22.30 on Channel 12..... 

Just seen Swansea's pitch on there. What a state that is in. Same as Brentford, sharing with a rugby team

3 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

Let's be honest, we were playing a team in record levels of bad form and scraped a win with a fortuitous deflected goal. It was pretty poor. 

But we were up against a ref who wanted Forest to win and obviously with our ongoing injury crisis so gotta be pleased. 

Can we all now agree that Stiepermann shouldn't be anywhere near the first team? I don't know how much more evidence you need. 

Behave yourself, did you not see that pass he played to Pukki against Bristol City only about 7 games ago.... and, and, and he’s awkward for defenders!!!!   

Have you not seen how he knits the play together and keeps putting chances in a plate before Pukki.....    no? Neither have I.... it beggars belief that some fans on here actually rate Steipermann.   Have to agree,  he shouldn’t be anywhere near the squad.

4 hours ago, ged in the onion bag said:
4 hours ago, Jerrykerry said:

Serious question. What effing game do you watch? 

Anyone with a brain can see the guy is a target and links up play superbly. 

Which is why Farke plays him. 

Yet again, the pinkun hate mob have a target, and demonstrate their total ignorance about the game they claim to love. 

This game, the last one, all those before it, and last season.    What effing game are you watching and how much of no clue do you have about this game!   

‘target and links up play’ go on then, as a target, give me one example of him winning a ball in the air tonight... give me three (no, let’s make it easier, find two) examples of him linking the play with any effect tonight!    I’ve watched with unacceptable regularity him making poor decisions and giving possession away.

JK, found anything yet?    Can you seriously offer any evidence to justify your response that he’s a target and links the play superbly?   Farke plays him, may be feels he hasn’t any options.... personally, I would give a kid a go all day long than have Steipermann anywhere near the team.... not ignorant, unlike many I do watch games closely and with significant understanding, but based simply on his ineffectiveness, how often the play breaks down around him, his awful control, lack of aerial ability and how frustrating it is to watch.    He doesn’t do anything superbly, he doesn’t link the play well at all and he most definitely is no target.     

interestingly, on Whoscored.com his stats summary says:-

strengths -

this player has no significant strengths  

weaknesses -

Aerial duels - very weak

finishing - weak

passing - weak

thats all it says!!! 

Well that’s why we bought Dowell isn’t it? I mean he’s supposed to be Stiepermann’s replacement,  not Stiep’s fault the new guy got himself injured. 

Edited by Surfer

It's a rarity last season and this but Stiepermann had quite a good game last night. Now needs to do that on a regular basis. Can't comment on Dowell as I haven't seen him play - hope he's better than when he played for Sheffield United couple of season's ago !

2 hours ago, Six Pack said:

It's a rarity last season and this but Stiepermann had quite a good game last night. Now needs to do that on a regular basis. Can't comment on Dowell as I haven't seen him play - hope he's better than when he played for Sheffield United couple of season's ago !

Sure did if he was playing hide and seek!

He was absent and when he did get the ball he often gave it away!    

I thought Stiepermann had an excellent first half (was really sharp and involved) but faded badly in the second half. Both he and Vrancic were knackered from about 55 minutes onwards. We started to lose the midfield at that point and as usual Farke didn’t react and change it til they scored. Then the subs made a big difference and restored some control until the last 5 minutes when it all got a bit desperate.

another great result without playing particularly well. I still worry that better sides (like in the next two games) will take advantage if we play as sloppily as we did in the second half and especially if we give away so Nagy stupid and needless free kicks. Farke really needs to get a grip on that. I was amazed that not one Senior player took Emi aside to calm him down  when he was losing the plot second half but he was not alone in diving in and giving away stupid free kicks constantly. 

I like Stiepermann but I'd agree he isn't at his best yet, but he has contributed to wins this season and will do again, so while we are top of the table and winning, it is churlish to write off any player who has contributed  to that.

I think he will prove his worth over the course of the season, get a few assists and score a few goals as he did last time and will start to look more effective as hefinds beter form. 

We're top, for goodness sakes, having had a huge injury list and a huge load put on the fit players with the relentless schedule - all the players deserve respect for that, including Stiepy.

Edited by lake district canary

There is a Steipermann bandwagon which trundles along beside the McLean and McGovern ones unfortunately. 

He’s not brilliant and he’s not awful, but is doing a solid job for the team. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

There is a Steipermann bandwagon which trundles along beside the McLean and McGovern ones unfortunately. 

He’s not brilliant and he’s not awful, but is doing a solid job for the team. 

Yeah agreed, and most of the games he's had to play regardless of form because there's been no one else available.

In our promotion season he quite often tired towards the end and we've not really had the personnel available to replace him this time round. He's still had some good games and some poor games, but he's not been anywhere near as bad as some make you believe. But as we've come to learn about the bandwagon(s), people see what they want to see sometimes rather than what's actually happened.

As predicted, just look at the results since Steipermann has returned to the side. They speak for themselves. His link up play last night at times was fantastic. Watch the highlights for a reminder. He's pretty much involved with every attack! 

Edited by Il Pirata

6 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

I very much doubt we'll see much of Marco when Dowell is back.

I wouldn't bet on that. Not Farke's style to change a winning side. And Steipermann is a big part of that. Dowell for all we know could be useless (not that I think he will be).