lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Nottm Forest*****

2 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

I'm happy to see Kenny back but he's given the ball away every time he's had it!

A bit harsh maybe. Yes he gave it away once or twice sloppily but he played some nice passes, chested down a McGovern long kick for Sorenson and also plucked the ball nicely out of the sky to retain possession for us... 

Did perfectly well I thought!

• Like 7

How great to see us bring on subs again the quality of McClean, Cantwell and Tettey. Makes such a difference to have these players available again and the quicker we can get hudgil, Dowell, Gibson, Placheta and Rupp back into the squad then we will be there or thereabouts 

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

We all see what we want to see. I thought he had some real quality on the ball.

He was barking out instructions when we were defending those successive corners in the last 10 minutes. 

Our results with our amount of injuries are absolutely incredible. Some seem to be taking it for granted but I'd love to know if any club in the history of the championship has been able to produce these results with a similar injury count.

• Like 1

3 point gap to second now. Would be nice to improve the goal difference a bit more but points first.

Let's be honest, we were playing a team in record levels of bad form and scraped a win with a fortuitous deflected goal. It was pretty poor. 

But we were up against a ref who wanted Forest to win and obviously with our ongoing injury crisis so gotta be pleased. 

Can we all now agree that Stiepermann shouldn't be anywhere near the first team? I don't know how much more evidence you need. 

• Like 1

Just now, Nuff Said said:

3 point gap to second now. Would be nice to improve the goal difference a bit more but points first.

4 points 😉 clear daylight now! Terrific evening for us with a few mins for McClean and Cantwell in there as well!

Just gotta keep grinding them results out!

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

Let's be honest, we were playing a team in record levels of bad form and scraped a win with a fortuitous deflected goal. It was pretty poor. 

But we were up against a ref who wanted Forest to win and obviously with our ongoing injury crisis so gotta be pleased. 

Can we all now agree that Stiepermann shouldn't be anywhere near the first team? I don't know how much more evidence you need. 

I thought the ref, a Mr Hood from Sherwood, was fine....

10 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

I'm happy to see Kenny back but he's given the ball away every time he's had it!

? The official stats say 1 misplaced pass in 18 ?

• Haha 1

Can't be critical of 3 points but I expect we will need a stronger side out before looking convincing.

The twenty minutes after half time were much below average.

2 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Luck is with us... Sorensen..great find. Looking forward to Krul being back. 3 more points ... Fantastic

Said it before and I'll say it again

Krul doesnt just bring a fantastic keeper with him- He has the personality that keeps all the players calm and composed.

Mcgovern on the other hand.. Pretty sure he could not calm a sleeping kitten

I thought we were lucky but I thought we were lucky in other games.

But with the run we are on it can't be luck.

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

Good stat. If that's not a brilliant example of someone seeing what they want to see I don't know what is!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I thought the ref, a Mr Hood from Sherwood, was fine....

Nope he was more like the "Sh!tref of Nottingham".....

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Said it before and I'll say it again

Krul doesnt just bring a fantastic keeper with him- He has the personality that keeps all the players calm and composed.

Mcgovern on the other hand.. Pretty sure he could not calm a sleeping kitten

What did MM do wrong tonight? Thought he claimed the ball well and was generally quite calm and distribution much improved.

• Like 2

Some tired legs there at the end.

With so many on the injured list and a sparsity on the bench many of the players starting today have put in a lot of miles over the last two weeks, and it was telling.

Nottingham Forest were capable of exploiting this more and more as the game progressed and it was a good thing that we could at least bring a couple of front liners on, albeit straight off of the treatment table,  in order to grind out the points.

Edited by BroadstairsR

I never seen so tired players all time wow incredible last 10 min our players was on the floor after evry chalenge .

Buendia was 2 min away from red card once more .

Impressive result with some luck,we badly need some fresh players to come next few games.

Blackburn away will be real test.

5 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Really? Well damn. Shows what I know! I'm just happy with the 3 points!

• Like 1

We're still far from our best. Hopefully we've turned the corner with injuries.. I'm confident as a few more return we're going to hit top gear and start hammering a few teams. 

Big thumbs up for Zim tonight too!

Can't wait for EFL on Quest and presenter Colin Murray he is worth 50 Gary Linelickers.....Watch EFL it's on at 22.30 on Channel 12..... 

Just now, Mello Yello said:

Can't wait for EFL on Quest and presenter Colin Murray he is worth 50 Gary Linelickers.....Watch EFL it's on at 22.30 on Channel 12..... 

Or channel 144 on SKY 😉

1 minute ago, C.I.D said:

Or channel 144 on SKY 😉

FREEVIEW.....it does what it says on the tin.....I can't afford Sky.....

17 minutes ago, Ian said:

Good stat. If that's not a brilliant example of someone seeing what they want to see I don't know what is!

It is exactly that - people seeing what they want to see. The amount of times a player whos not flavour of the month loses possession once and it quickly becomes a fact that "all he does is loses the ball!"

Kenny was fine when he came on, pleased to see him back as we will need him for rotating the midfield and keeping players fresh.

33 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Just take a look at the league table. That's all.

It's almost as if the richest naturally rise to the top because.... Meritocracy.

The BLM crew will be here soon to tell us that Black people would be at the top but they're 'systemically' stopped from doing so.

2 minutes ago, ELYOUKAYEE said:

It's almost as if the richest naturally rise to the top because.... Meritocracy.

The BLM crew will be here soon to tell us that Black people would be at the top but they're 'systemically' stopped from doing so.

Give it a rest.. .. why can you not just celebrate a win on a match day thread... It's like you have an agenda...

• Like 6