Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Change of rules for fans ar CR

I understand they are trying to keep everyone safe but I’d like to know the justification behind this. I know research is underway into potential spread at sporting events but is this council lead? Will it go back to just the concourse if we go down to tier one?

Thats a game changer for me, I went to the Shef Wed game. and was looking forward to another game but I wouldnt want to go again if I have to wear a mask at all times

• Like 4

Presumably the science would be that when you're singing and shouting away loudly you're potentially expelling large amounts of the virus, should you unwittingly be carrying the disease. The wearing of masks might mitigate somewhat against this. 

I too was very disappointed by this news as I had a ticket and went last night under the assumption that I would not be required to wear a mask in the cold outside air.  I wear glasses for distance and as predicted I could not see a thing with my face fully covered.  In the end I wore it over my mouth only and could thankfully see.  There were plenty of people around me in the same boat and in fact quite a few that didn't wear one at all.  The stewards let it go and did not seem to be enforcing the rule.  That's not to say that they wont going forward. 

However I do agree with others who have posted here and if the club or the EFL are going to pursue with face masks in the stand, then I wont be rushing back.  

If the club are wondering why they are struggling to sell tickets, they can add this to their list of reasons why people are put of attending.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Ren said:

If the club are wondering why they are struggling to sell tickets, they can add this to their list of reasons why people are put of attending.  

I imagine that they're not particularly mystified...

It's £30 for a ticket, you don't know whether you'll get one (and if you do you won't be surrounded by your usual acquaintances), it's brass monkeys out there of an evening at the moment, and the games are free on iFollow (or a tenner if you're not an ST holder). Plus, if you do decide that all of those factors aren't going to deter you then there's the small matter of that the (however unquantifiable) of catching Covid. 

For that reason I'm out. 

Fans of other clubs all have to keep their masks on,  plus cases in Norfolk  have risen, so not surprising news

Edited by Diane

I don’t really understand people being unhappy about the rules - don’t go if you don’t like them.  If they don’t have the rules and infection rates escalate, Norwich will move to tier 3 and no one will be able to go.

I live in Surrey/London and probably won’t come up to a game for some time, it just doesn’t feel right + it’s 6 hours travelling with not a lot that we can do while we are there. But if I lived locally I’d be there like a shot.

• Like 1

I don't pretend to know the science and half the reason I wear a mask is because it helps people around me feel safe. I reckon knowing fans are wearing a mask in their seats will encourage more people to go than it puts off going.

12 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I don’t really understand people being unhappy about the rules - don’t go if you don’t like them.  If they don’t have the rules and infection rates escalate, Norwich will move to tier 3 and no one will be able to go.

I live in Surrey/London and probably won’t come up to a game for some time, it just doesn’t feel right + it’s 6 hours travelling with not a lot that we can do while we are there. But if I lived locally I’d be there like a shot.

I do have some sympathy for glasses wearers- its very difficult to wear a mask without them steaming up every 10 seconds. However I do generally agree that the rules are there for a reason.

Whilst our games are shown on ifollow,  I will (until hopefully football returns to some kind of normality) be reluctant to attend live games at Carrow Road.....

But to all of those loyal supporters who are successful in their ticket application and do attend.....enjoy.....

9 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I don't pretend to know the science and half the reason I wear a mask is because it helps people around me feel safe. I reckon knowing fans are wearing a mask in their seats will encourage more people to go than it puts off going.

I agree - I'd like to go, and I'd be more likely to go with people wearing masks than not.  Being in a Tier 3 zone, I can't go anyway.

14 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Absolutely right.

The thing is that there are still people out there who think that wearing a mask is for their own protection. Just in case there are any of those reading on here - you wear the mask to stop yourself spreading germs to others, not to stop yourself getting them, so NOT wearing a mask around others is just selfishness and possibly putting them at risk. 

As Nutty says, better for everyone if we all have to wear masks around others, especially if we are near them for any length of time Even if it is outside you will be near others for a significant amount of time.

22 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

That’s me done too, wearing mask with my glasses is a nightmare 

You could wear a wig too and do a hold up at the concourse kiosk. 

• Haha 1

Interesting discussion.  For me I honestly don't see how wearing a piece of cloth across your face outside, when properly distanced from each other makes a jot of difference apart from making the wearer feel uncomfortable for a couple of hours.  You look around when in the ground and all everyone is doing is pulling at them.  If the club are that bothered about the spread of covid then a far better solution would be to put 500 people in each stand, but we all know why they wont do that. profits ahead of safety! 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Hopefully evidence being sought now into potential spread at sporting events will reverse this decision. 

Interesting.....

I don't know anything about this, what do you know? 

1 minute ago, Ren said:

Interesting.....

I don't know anything about this, what do you know? 

Heard there is research into

how far aerosol spreads in a stadium environment. I swear it was in the Netherlands. Can’t find a report though I’m afraid. Basically how far does spit go when when you yell at the ref lol

1 hour ago, Grando said:

I imagine that they're not particularly mystified...

It's £30 for a ticket, you don't know whether you'll get one (and if you do you won't be surrounded by your usual acquaintances), it's brass monkeys out there of an evening at the moment, and the games are free on iFollow (or a tenner if you're not an ST holder). Plus, if you do decide that all of those factors aren't going to deter you then there's the small matter of that the (however unquantifiable) of catching Covid. 

For that reason I'm out. 

Sounds to me like you might be out for good.  Which must also be a worry for the club.  Once out of the habit and your wallet is a bit fuller at the end of each month, the temptation to call it a day must be there for many. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

We're in a similar situation living in Buckinghamshire, it's just not feasible to make the trip with a couple of young kids without being able to stay at least one night at either mine or my wife's parents who are both still local to Norwich.  It's frustrating that there isn't a home game on Boxing Day during the Christmas free-for-all. 

I'm honestly so used to wearing a mask it doesn't make a bit of difference to me. In fact, it helps on a cold night. 

To all you raising the issue of glasses steaming up, if you find a mask that seals around the top, you'll find your glasses stay steam free. One that vents out the bottom. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1