Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

The Grey Man And The Sick System

An imbalanced squad.

Bland comments on intentions.

A ''lucky dip'' approach to buying players.

No obvious strategy.

Money thrown away on loans.

Overpayments to (and over reliance on) agents.

A questionable relationship with players.

The grey man is surely the Agents best friend, the malingerers opportunity and the characters nemesis.

I want to be proven wrong by tuesday, player selection and acquisition is one of the core skills of a football manager and I do not see Worthington changing his credibility rating on this. The only thing he is good at is screwing money out of the board.

I want him out if he cannot gain promotion this season or make signings so inspiring I want to go and watch them develop. The latter is fading fast.

I will not chant or protest outside the ground and I care not what others think; I will spend my season ticket money elsewhere because if you don''t do something to earn it as a Club then you don''t get it. And how many seats do you have to sell to pay off an Ashton or line the pockets of an agent. Personally, I find the sums offensive.

The exception to these payments is the money that goes to other Clubs. I don''t begrudge a developing Club on single penny and I yearn for the days when Clubs were compensated not players.

it boils down to how much do we trust worthy and the board.  if you trust them, you allow them to quietly go about their jobs and at the end of the season, if through their own judgement things haven''t gone to plan, they do the honourable thing and fall on their swords, then everybody mourns the passing and welcomes in the new.  after worthy''s pre-season ''no excuses'' proclamation, i trust him to judge him performance this season and come to a fair conclusion, under no pressure from anyone.When you lose trust, you either begin to question and scrutinise everything they do and if necessary ask them to explain themselves and provide answers of your own OR you walk away and leave them to it.There''s no doubt nigel and the board have a great relationship and have enjoyed a wonderful adventure thus far, together with the fans lets be honest, but the only criteria that matters in any matter is this, ''is this course of action in the best interests of NCFC.''  Sure, its a business, but its always more than that - its the spirit.  its the spirit of the club thats plays a large part in attracting the highest champ gates and full houses.  to risk splitting the fans from the board and breaking this spirit cannot be in the best interests of the club, and for sure the board need to get the fans back onside pronto, especially as season tickets are due for renewal,and potentially 4-5000 wouldn''t bother to renew in my opinion.  i could be wrong, you i bet the club conducts fan surveys and probably even consult a focus group for the latest trends. the atmosphere at the watford game was dire - there''s no pretending otherwise, people aren''t happy. the spirit that delia and co have carefully nutured over the years is in casualty. i fully expect a trio of good signings to be unveiled by the end of the window or next week and delia and worthy will not disappoint in this regard, because they can''t afford to.  excitement needs to be generated amongst the fans and spirits need to be uplifted.  its getting to crunch time for many and in the best interests of NCFC delia should want to avoid that rude old.

Some provocative stuff Rudi (incidentally, do you get royalties from the ''hucker, hucker, huckerby'' song?).I hope LGT is prven right, come Tuesday night. The club are trying (IMO) to bring the right players in - I do worry that they also tried in August, though. They''ve had a few extra days in this window, and I hope that''s long enough as we seem to go in for protracted negotiations at these times.It''s all very well not wanting to be taken advantage of, but everyone knows we''ve got the Ashton cash, we may just have to pay a little extra - Chelsea always pay more, because people know they''ve got the dosh to splash, fact of life.If we don''t make the right signings, I hope we don''t panic buy on the last day - that would demoralise fans and existing players both.My money will only ever go to Norwich, I''m just a sad addict, but it''s a bit of a moot point at present as my money is tied up in raising two under-fives! You could look at your local village team Rude Old - probably look about the same as City at present, and loads cheaper!

Well said Rudolph - NW always said he wanted to be judged on the team he built, well now he is and it is not a positive judgement. I, like you, just want to see a Norwich team that try and play attractive, attacking football they way they always have. I, like you, cannot see any consistent style in the play this season, there has been no improvement in the play since the promotion season and there is no apparent cohesive purchasing strategy. The support at this club is amazing (so much so that I can only get to see one or two matches a season) yet the club just do not appear to be demonstrating similar ambition or commitment. This is not slagging off thise members of the board who have dug very deep into their own pockets but I cannot see any clear direction for the club or the players.