Given injuries, the side largely picks itself - unless a player or two have unexpectedly (to us) become fit slightly ahead of schedule (it used to happen but seems rare these days).

From what we know, I guess it will be the same formation as usual.  A bit interchangeable in some roles but I’d go with

McGovern,

Max, Zimm, Hanley, Sorensen

Skipp, Stiepermann

Emi  - Mario - Martin

Pukki 

Bench: Todd, Tettey, Hugill maybe? several youngsters.

I do half expect to see Krul sooner rather than later.

Edited by Branston Pickle

6 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Given injuries, the side largely picks itself - unless a player or two have unexpectedly (to us) become fit slightly ahead of schedule (it used to happen but seems rare these days).

From what we know, I guess it will be the same formation as usual.  A bit interchangeable in some roles but I’d go with

McGovern,

Skipp, Stiepermann

Emi  - Mario - Martin

Pukki 

Dylan is on the bench. Two laps of the park this morning and raring to go. 

11 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

McGovern,

Skipp, Stiepermann

Emi  - Mario - Martin

Pukki 

Would assume Marco and Mario the other way round. The only other fully- fit first-teamer is Tettey I think? Not a lot of room for manoeuvre!

I'd have Tettey instead of Stiepermann to begin with. Security.

I've come not to be over keen on having both Vrancic and Stiepermann in the same starting line up.

Perhaps if we were able to morph the best attributes of both into one player we would have a real winner on our hands.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Just now, Fr. Chewy Louie said:

Would assume Marco and Mario the other way round. The only other fully- fit first-teamer is Tettey I think? Not a lot of room for manoeuvre!

That was the ‘interchangeable’ bit, for me Mario is better more forward.  I’d play Tettey with Skipp and put Stiepi on the bench, of choice, but fear we might need him as cb backup 

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

That was the ‘interchangeable’ bit, for me Mario is better more forward.  I’d play Tettey with Skipp and put Stiepi on the bench, of choice, but fear we might need him as cb backup 

Fair enough, don't recall Stiepi ever playing CM though (may be wrong)!

Mario beside Skipp worked after a fashion eventually against Wednesday.  Playing deeper seems to suit Mario than playing No 10 role.  Tettey can play the DM role but Forest unlikely to be too attack minded desperate for a result so go for Mario.

On bench Barden, Andrew O and Tyrese O probably no other academy as any potential recruits played last night in the debacle at MK.  As will need at least 5 on bench expect to see Todd and Alex on bench with the named youngsters.  May be surprised to see Hugill and Dowell on bench to help populate the bench.  Don't expect either to play though.

I'd be extremely surprised if the staring XI is anything other than the one in the opening post, aside from the fact that Vrancic would be in the deep-lying playmaker role and Stiepermann would be the ten. There isn't really much else Farke could do, barring players making quicker than expected recoveries from injury.