Midlands Yellow

Forest predictions

They are truly awful at the moment and even with a decimated squad Norwich should have far too much for them. A Pukki brace and 4.1 win forecast from me. 

I've lost a bit of confidence since the onset of the injury crisis and the loss of five points that we were reasonably expected to gain, or at least a couple more.

Successive victories against Swansea, Boro and Stoke suggested that we could sweep all before us when it came to facing the league's lesser teams. It didn't happen and we had to wait until the last fifteen minutes against Wednesday for the turnaround.

A thumping win tonight would put us firmly on course, open a slight gap between us and the others and perpetuate the constantly needful 'confidence' factor.

The Hoots is a wiley old bird nowadays. He knows his way around football, he knows his way around Carrow Road and has had, in fact, more experience of the Premier League than NCFC since he was sacked. (Edit. Well not quite, but he was voted Premier League Manager of the Month on one occasion.)

That he will park the bus is not in doubt. That his team will be less effective at it than others that have visited us this season seems probable.

We could actually thump them, or they could do a Derby or anything else. (It's stating the obvious day.)

I expect a win, but anything less would mean our now slightly deflated bubble will probably have burst and we will need to fall upon the consolatory facts that it is early days, that we remain at the forefront and that our rivals will likely, sooner rather than later, experience the bout of injuries that we have suffered from, with probable similar consequences.  

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Good read, or rather a skim as it made 'War and Peace' seem like a novella by comparison. A bit of a dig at Stevie Fry-up there and it shows that he's done his research at least.

I liked this:

canaries.PNG

Simple and nice and appeals to me much more than the 'pantomime dame' (I include some of the hairstyles) appearance of many of today's over elaborate, designspirationally and commercially inspired creations that we are now witness to. Perhaps green socks would be better. 

With no adverts to be seen it becomes even more agreeable  ... I don't suppose even Zetters (a farthing a line) existed in 1907.

Not complaining, just commenting. Change happens.

As for the article, what are his predictions for tonight? I haven't got there yet.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Yes, but it suffers from being a bit 'common and garden' blue and white and is therefore like that worn by that 'common and garden club' down the road.

I've always said that if you stood in the forecourt of King's Cross station early on a Saturday afternoon and shouted out, "Come on you blues," half the station would join in.

Common as muck, and they regularly mock our unique (apart from the Aussie ODI team and WBA away) and rather dashingly avant-garde yellow and green.  

Edited by BroadstairsR

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Could be Carrow road. 

image.jpeg.01162c4b2c455bea0966b605dd2ff720.jpeg

Fairly sure Nantes are also known as the Canaries as well.

3 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

The Blackburn style kit isn’t bad either from Newmarket road. 

image.png

The blue is on the right on some shirts, and on the left on others, evenly split. Strange, wonder what the reason was.

3 minutes ago, LaUnionCanary said:

The blue is on the right on some shirts, and on the left on others, evenly split. Strange, wonder what the reason was.

Gentlemen and Players.😉

Know your place, a la Two Ronnies? Must keep those upstart b-ggers down where they belong!

Edited by BroadstairsR

1 hour ago, LaUnionCanary said:

Probably down to economy,cut patterns for a load of blue shirts, cut  patterns for white shirts, mix and match..... no more waste than usual.

They don't have a bad side at all. Hughton will get them going at some point, and possibly against an injury-struck Norwich.

Again, with our injury list wouldn't be disappointed with a point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bill said:

The ex Forest player Roy Keane says it will be

tree tree

Better to ask Tim Sherwood, he's got local knowledge   .... Oh gawd!

Tonight could be a lot tighter than some on here think. To me Zimmermann who i like has looked very rusty indeed this season when he has played and there are not a lot of goals in this Norwich side at the moment. I think it is probable that we will concede , if it is only one then i see a 2-1. If we concede more than 1 then expect us to drop points with few options to come off the bench to provide energy and or a change in direction. Given our injury situation you have to pinch yourself as to the fact that we are still in the top 2 going into this game

With so many injuries my view is "whatever you do, don't lose, and a win is a bonus". If you offered me a 0-0 or 1-1 right now, I'd take it.

• Like 1

Why so negative, we have a very good side tonight even without a couple of our better players. A good win for me. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Better to ask Tim Sherwood, he's got local knowledge   .... Oh gawd!

Indeed!

While  we’re going with former players, who could be better to ask than Chris Woods and Mark Robins

(I'll get me hood...)

13 minutes ago, daisy said:

Why so negative, we have a very good side tonight even without a couple of our better players. A good win for me. 

The first name that I currently look for on the team sheet is Pukki, the second Buendia and the third Aarons. Withy these three not amongst the walking wounded we will always stand a chance in this division, and especially against a side in the doldrums as Forest seem to be.

Apparently Cantwell will have 'a part to play'i n tonight's proceedings. It's difficult to know what to make of that, but a sub appearance might be on the cards if necessary.

He always puts on a showing when he returns to the team. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

Indeed!

While  we’re going with former players, who could be better to ask than Chris Woods and Mark Robins

(I'll get me hood...)

Ron Ashman shouldn't be forgotten nor Robert Lincoln-Green.

As for birds? There's Terry Allcock and Matt Crowe and Russell Pine-Martin to consider.

Not forgetting Ruel Fox, of course, he should be hiding somewhere.

I'm stuck in Tier 3 here in Kent. What's your excuse?

Edit. I've just been informed that a pine marten is not a bird and that it's not spelt  Russell's way in any case. It's now Russell House Martin then, and I've had to withdraw my application to appear on Tipping Point.

Drop zone three please Ben.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Fairly sure Nantes are also known as the Canaries as well.

I wish we were wearing that shirt, just looks that bit superior. 

1 hour ago, king canary said:

Odds on Hughton losing his **** and doing a Lambert?

Gotta be about 5 million to 1

As a Norwich fan who lives in Nottingham, all the Forest fans I know are expecting us to smash them.

1 hour ago, Haus said:

As a Norwich fan who lives in Nottingham, all the Forest fans I know are expecting us to smash them.

That  doesnt fill me with confidence for some reason. Hate it when other teams fans think we're going to  tonk them.

Edited by wcorkcanary