Sign in to follow this  
canadian yellow

Jerome: how much should we pay ??????

the max we should pay is 2.5 up front. He isnt totally proven yet and may not get much better. We could do a few adds ons if we get promoted this season which we wont anyway and if Jerome gets into the England squad which he wont

How about

2 million up front, 500k in a years time, 250k if we go up while he is our player and Leon Mckenzie.

I reckon thats acceptable and i would have jerome over mckenzie any day.

I think £2.5 millions plenty or we could offer £3.5 million and Etuhu... chortle![:D]

Going off track here, welcome to the board canadian. Good luck, because its all doom and gloom on here. Its good that this board seems to have NCFC fans from all around the world.

Hi Matt thanks for the welcome i was born in norwich moved to canada 25yrs ago but have followed city always. seems like things have not changed i still belive that city can still make the playoffs with some cautious buying of players i hear of all the rumors and such and i think worthy should mke the move for jerome and mcsheffery soon they will ultamitly help city. my prediction is that they will scrape into the playoffs and win

I don''t think we need to pay anything for him. He''s 19 years old is the new kid on the block and will be found out by defenders (my thoughts) We should only pay this sort of money for somebody who is proven over a period of time i.e Ashton, Earnshaw maybe even Trundle. We have young players at the club who haven''t had a chance to prove themselves.

( here goes the negative bit)

I don''t think we are not consistent enough to go up this season so I would accept giving the youngsters a chance -not all at once- and seeing what we''ve got at this level. Then once they have been tried, where necessary strengthen.Using the cash

(Finish on a positive)

Then we may just get a young and hungry squad with some money for strengthening and building for our promotion push and sustained reentre in tothe premiership.

Cant argue with using the cash that way drinks (not sure that I would call Trundle young and hungry at 29 and happy to stay at a lower league club!)

However usingt eh cash to buy a talented youngster should be tried occasionally;  would we have missed out on Rooney for a couple of million if he was available?  But agree that Jerome is not worth anywhere near £3m so we should sit on the cash. 

Hi there Canuck I am from just a little north of you a place called Camrose just east of Edmonton

moved from Norwich about 30 yrs ago have followed them for about 45 yrs

how about you ??????