cambridgeshire canary

Todays injury updates- Placheta and Gibson out 2 weeks

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I'm looking at his last season with us in the same division which is shockingly more relevant than his ability in the league above.

Good attempts at spinning there though with stats. Why aren't we Sheffield United?

You love Kenny and Lakey loves Vrancic, we all know who the game changer is out the 2 of them though. 

4 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

You love Kenny and Lakey loves Vrancic, we all know who the game changer is out the 2 of them though. 

I dont love Kenny. I like him as a player. Vrancic is one of my favourite players. If you looked back I was one of very few people who said he had all the attributes to be a Good player during the first season.

We could do with Marino’s magic again now...

Edited by Grando

There's simply no role that McLean does that someone else doesn't simply do better, his ONLY selling point is that he's half decent across the board, but for me that's only of value when your primary players are unavailable and you don't want to rely on youth.

Still hoping he gets a Jan move to Rangers as I think it would suit all parties better.

Kenny started this season slowly but his quality seems to have quickly been forgotten by fans. Like the ‘player X not in the squad it the answer to all our problems’ phenomenon it happens every year that someone following some poor performances is no longer good enough. 

Everyone was saying Pukki was a busted flush end of last season. He is scoring every other game and looking back to his best. I predict Kenny will contribute too.

I have to say that when Kenny came on against Forest I felt a lot happier that we wouldn’t concede, which definitely says something.

A direct choice between him and Vrancic is tough - you are getting more for your buck with KM, he’s far more mobile and can be used in various roles, but Vrancic has that certain creativity that can make the difference.

Does seem ironic that McLean was seemingly a first choice and undroppable midfielder last season at a level he was clearly out of his depth in.....however this season was dropped in a league he would probably be effective in.

On 12/12/2020 at 11:19, Decemberists said:

Kenny started this season slowly but his quality seems to have quickly been forgotten by fans. Like the ‘player X not in the squad it the answer to all our problems’ phenomenon it happens every year that someone following some poor performances is no longer good enough. 

Everyone was saying Pukki was a busted flush end of last season. He is scoring every other game and looking back to his best. I predict Kenny will contribute too.

I told you so.

• Like 1

One ball and he’s contributing! Get him out to Rangers! 😉

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

Not correct about Pukki.

Many saying he was past it end of last season - first half of this season, 11 goals.

He isn't currently back at his best but in December when I posted that he was - certainly isn't a busted flush. 

2 minutes ago, Decemberists said:

😁 and his MOM last match!

I don’t agree, he was poor as was the rest to be honest, today he was far better, actually liked the fact he pushed forwards more today! Good performance today, definitely better than Skipp, But Buendia was so good, his passing, tackling back and energy was immense! Well plaid Kenny too.👍

Edited by Indy

Yea I don't think he was brilliant last match, just going by the club's poll on that one. But he has a decent aerial presence (best of our CMs), work rate, can pick a pass and carry the ball (best of our CMs). Others are better than him in other areas.

I'd like to see him dictate play and get on the ball more, on occassion matches pass him by.

However, he's certainly good enough to contribute this year. Skipp and Rupp first choice partnership for me, but would be interested to see a Skipp Sorensen partnership too.

1 minute ago, Decemberists said:

Yea I don't think he was brilliant last match, just going by the club's poll on that one. But he has a decent aerial presence (best of our CMs), work rate, can pick a pass and carry the ball (best of our CMs). Others are better than him in other areas.

I'd like to see him dictate play and get on the ball more, on occassion matches pass him by.

However, he's certainly good enough to contribute this year. Skipp and Rupp first choice partnership for me, but would be interested to see a Skipp Sorensen partnership too.

I actually think he’d be better at 10 than Vrancic. I really was critical of his las5 two games a I really think he slowed the game down, but today he was far more positive and actually played ahead of Vrancic a lot of the game, did really well, and definitely MOM had it not been for that brilliant performance by Buendia.

• Like 1

Yeah I am massive Mario fan but not sure about him in the 10. The time and space he gets by playing deeper helps him, less necessity for the athleticism required to find space in tight areas or counter attack.

• Like 1