Sign in to follow this  
NeymarSmith

Bowen, Madison and Emi

Just saw the highlights of his performance  against Manchester United on the weekend. 

Wow, what a player we missed out on there. Creative, both footed and can finish.  A missed opportunity by all accounts but not bashing the club as I know it isn't their "way" to go and splash 20m. Clearly though, that is the calibre of player and outlay we will have to seriously consider if (and hopefully when) we go up.

Wanted to add that it may well be the lack of goals that saw lack of interest in EMI over summer, if he can just get ten to 15 over this season, then his value would be above what Godfrey went for.

Do we think, that Emi Buendia Is better than James Madison (post his lcfc move)

2 minutes ago, NeymarSmith said:

Just saw the highlights of his performance  against Manchester United on the weekend. 

Wow, what a player we missed out on there. Creative, both footed and can finish.  A missed opportunity by all accounts but not bashing the club as I know it isn't their "way" to go and splash 20m. Clearly though, that is the calibre of player and outlay we will have to seriously consider if (and hopefully when) we go up.

Wanted to add that it may well be the lack of goals that saw lack of interest in EMI over summer, if he can just get ten to 15 over this season, then his value would be above what Godfrey went for.

Do we think, that Emi Buendia Is better than James Madison (post his lcfc move)

Although Buendia and Maddison play in similar ways, they are somewhat different.  I think Buendia will create more chances than Maddison over the course of a season but Maddison will score you more goals.  They are both very capable of scoring and creating but they slightly lean more to one than the other.

2 hours ago, NeymarSmith said:

This is so true, although I don't think Emi has 15 goals in him

Maddison is by far the better player - so much better than Emi that it shouldn't even be a question for a normal person. It's like asking if Harry Kane is better than Pukki. 

• Like 3

Very true, one is his teams major talisman and an integral part of their system, also his countries second highest all time top scorer, the other is, well Harry Kane............

🤣

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, sgncfc said:

Maddison is by far the better player - so much better than Emi that it shouldn't even be a question for a normal person. It's like asking if Harry Kane is better than Pukki. 

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. Madison is a diver like Kane so what ever floats your boat football wise.

8 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

You ignoring Emis nonstop almost constant play acting?

We don't win too many games wihout his 'play acting' though do we? We got promoted to the PL without Madison.

42 minutes ago, jaywick_canery said:

We don't win too many games wihout his 'play acting' though do we? We got promoted to the PL without Madison.

Maddison didn’t play in the team Buendia plays in, what a silly thing to compare!

9 hours ago, sgncfc said:

Not this again... to liken the comparison of Maddison & Buendia with Kane & Pukki is nothing short of an insult to Buendia!

Here again for the fellow posters are Maddison and Buendia's stats in the last few years for NCFC and beyond:

Maddison                                             Played      Goals             Assists      Goal contributions    Goal cont. per game

Champs season 17/18                       44              14                  8                 22                                   0.5

Prem 18/19                                           36              7                    7                 14                                   0.39

Prem 19/20                                           31              6                    3                  9                                    0.29

Prem 20/21                                            8                1                  2                    3                                    0.37

Buendia                                                  P               G                    A                   GC                                GCpG

Champs season 18/19                        38              8                     12                20                                 0.53

Prem season 19/20                              36              1                     7                  8                                   0.22

Champs season 20/21                        10               2                     5                  7                                   0.7

For the record, Maddison is the more complete player and the better goalscorer - no doubt. But Emi's edges it in terms of creating for others, as the above shows (not to mention his god-like key-pass stats over the past few seasons).

Personally I am big fan of both players, but I feel I enjoy watching Buendia play at his peak than I ever did Maddison. Games like Wolves at home last season where he was on a completely different planet to every other player on the pitch. But maybe that is my yellow and green bias as he's still currently a Norwich player.

So yes Maddison is the probably the better overall player, but Kane and Pukki! Come off it! 

You will miss him when he's gone and doing great things in the prem!

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler

13 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Maddison didn’t play in the team Buendia plays in, what a silly thing to compare!

They don't need to play in the same team ot compare... that is a silly thing to say.

On 08/12/2020 at 13:52, sgncfc said:

Have to agree with this. 

We have a tendency to over rate our players. 

I still think its only Max Aarons who will reach the very top of the game (been saying that for a year now, not just because he got linked to Barcelona). 

Do think a top team in Spain would really suit Aarons as well, for the same reasons why it suits Trippier.... their full backs are all essentially wing backs or second wingers. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

15 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Not this again... to liken the comparison of Maddison & Buendia with Kane & Pukki is nothing short of an insult to Buendia!

Here again for the fellow posters are Maddison and Buendia's stats in the last few years for NCFC and beyond:

Maddison                                             Played      Goals             Assists      Goal contributions    Goal cont. per game

Champs season 17/18                       44              14                  8                 22                                   0.5

Prem 18/19                                           36              7                    7                 14                                   0.39

Prem 19/20                                           31              6                    3                  9                                    0.29

Prem 20/21                                            8                1                  2                    3                                    0.37

Buendia                                                  P               G                    A                   GC                                GCpG

Champs season 18/19                        38              8                     12                20                                 0.53

Prem season 19/20                              36              1                     7                  8                                   0.22

Champs season 20/21                        10               2                     5                  7                                   0.7

For the record, Maddison is the more complete player and the better goalscorer - no doubt. But Emi's edges it in terms of creating for others, as the above shows (not to mention his god-like key-pass stats over the past few seasons).

Personally I am big fan of both players, but I feel I enjoy watching Buendia play at his peak than I ever did Maddison. Games like Wolves at home last season where he was on a completely different planet to every other player on the pitch. But maybe that is my yellow and green bias as he's still currently a Norwich player.

So yes Maddison is the probably the better overall player, but Kane and Pukki! Come off it! 

I personally think its silly to compare two completely different players with two completely different roles. 

Maddison for Leicester pulls all the strings, he's a playmaker who is pinging the ball all over the place and can completely dictate the tempo of a game and switch passages of play. 

If you can find the 9-0 demolition of Leicester versus Southampton in full anywhere then watch it and try and understand how it was Maddison who pulled it all together for 95 minutes.... 1 goal and 0 assists. 

You could make an argument that Chris Wood is as good as Robert Firmino if you just want to look at those selective stats to compare two strikers. Evidently not true though. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

5 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I personally think its silly to compare two completely different players with two completely different roles. 

Maddison for Leicester pulls all the strings, he's a playmaker who is pinging the ball all over the place and can completely dictate the tempo of a game and switch passages of play. 

If you can find the 9-0 demolition of Leicester versus Southampton in full anywhere then watch it and try and understand how it was Maddison who pulled it all together for 95 minutes.... 1 goal and 0 assists. 

You could make an argument that Chris Wood is as good as Robert Firmino if you just want to look at those selective stats to compare two strikers. Evidently not true though. 

Firmino is a bit of an enigma though, he clearly offers something unique to Liverpool which allows Salah and Mane to thrive. But oddly enough Chris Wood is probably more useful to Burnley than Firmino would be 😄 

My point was that there are definite aspects to Buendia's game which I feel he excels in and is stronger than Maddison in. I'd also say key passes and assists are fairly important aspects for any player in that position.

I personally would not describe their roles as 'completely different'. Both are playmakers, Buendia certainly pulls the strings for us, maybe not exactly in the same way as Maddison does - but he has been at the heart of our good attacking play this season and when he doesn't play well; the team doesn't play well! 

Nonetheless, the crux of my point was that I don't believe the gap between Maddison and Buendia is the equivalent of Kane and Pukki, at all.

17 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Though Buendia had 3 goals this season!  

8 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Though Buendia had 3 goals this season!  

Yep my mistake, I had shared those stats about 10 days ago on here and didn't bother to update!

8 hours ago, jaywick_canery said:

They don't need to play in the same team ot compare... that is a silly thing to say.

They need to play in the same standard of team.  Imagine Maddison in our promotion team, instead of the 14th placed squad from the prior season. Not silly at all, it’s called logic!