Petriix

Taking the knee

13 hours ago, Naturalcynic said:

You know who it was, I take it, to be able to state that he or she is a racist?

I think that you can judge by their actions - "walks like a duck, quacks like a duck" and all that 😄

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, JF said:

What a strange precedent to set. Irrelevant of your opinions and feelings about booing this, the supporter in question hasn’t broken any laws. I wonder on what grounds they held the right to eject him? 

If you're not woke, you're not welcome in today's society of snowflakes.

2 minutes ago, paul moy said:

Those that booed are against a ritual that supports an extremist political party. 

You cant be serious ? Noone is this thick.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, paul moy said:

Those that booed are against a ritual that supports an extremist political party. 

That is called selective thinking.  It's like saying you shouldn't sing the National Anthem because it supports the BNP. 

Edited by lake district canary
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Coneys Knee said:

as said no laws were broken. 

Possibly - but most people abhor racism and will be happy that a racist has been removed from the ground. Hopefully they now face a permanent ban - we need to keep people like this away from decent people.

Let's hope this continues.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

They could simply have stayed silent, as opposed to what they did, which was to make an active verbal protest against.

... or better still they could protest by boycotting games! 

Perhaps that is what the racists on this forum should organise - a boycott of all games where an anti-racism message is promoted - presumably they think that this will generate great support? 

So - calling all racists - put up or shut up - if you feel that strongly about it, boycott games! It presumably isn't too much to do if it is such an important principle?

Otherwise you might just seem like windbags...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Badger said:

Possibly - but most people abhor racism and will be happy that a racist has been removed from the ground. Hopefully they now face a permanent ban - we need to keep people like this away from decent people.

Let's hope this continues.

If you show up in the home end in an Ipswich shirt you'd be asked to leave too.  No laws were broken there either, but the club can enforce the rules. 

13 hours ago, Naturalcynic said:

You know who it was, I take it, to be able to state that he or she is a racist?

Well, let’s do the math.

If you are genuinely opposed to racism, the last thing you would ever do is put yourself in the horrific position where that could even remotely be questioned - which you wouldn’t anyway.

No sane person who deplored racism would leave themselves in a position where they could be left open to the interpretation that they could be a vile bigot, even if they didn’t agree with all aspects of BLM politics. You just wouldn’t, that’s f***ing obvious.

Safe to say, the person who was ejected was racist. Well done NCFC - don’t need that scum associated with our club thanks 👍

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Well done NCFC - don’t need that scum associated with our club thanks 👍

👍

19 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Well, let’s do the math.

If you are genuinely opposed to racism, the last thing you would ever do is put yourself in the horrific position where that could even remotely be questioned - which you wouldn’t anyway.

No sane person who deplored racism would leave themselves in a position where they could be left open to the interpretation that they could be a vile bigot, even if they didn’t agree with all aspects of BLM politics. You just wouldn’t, that’s f***ing obvious.

Safe to say, the person who was ejected was racist. Well done NCFC - don’t need that scum associated with our club thanks 👍

This kind of moral certainty always worries me a bit.

In general I agree- it isn't difficult to separate the message of 'taking a knee' and some of the more questionable aspects of the BLM organisation. I do think however, that there is enough ambiguity that immediately writing someone off as racist and calling for lifetime bans from the football for the act of booing is a bit much. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

Can't we all just get along? 

397d9fd5b07467029b5ce9540f45380f--hug-meme-funny-hug.jpg

Norwich city must literally be the club with the least racist incidents in the country, or certainly one of the very lowest, so why are suddenly so many now classified as racists? Mentally unwell slacktivists is the answer.

9 minutes ago, king canary said:

This kind of moral certainty always worries me a bit.

In general I agree- it isn't difficult to separate the message of 'taking a knee' and some of the more questionable aspects of the BLM organisation. I do think however, that there is enough ambiguity that immediately writing someone off as racist and calling for lifetime bans from the football for the act of booing is a bit much. 

I don’t know who suggested lifetime bans for the act of booing, depends on the context I guess, KC, but assuming it’s in association with basically supporting racism, then I would definitely expect the club (and any other club) to treat this very seriously indeed. I’m sure the punishment would likely be of significance though, so probably fair to say any guilty parties wouldn’t be getting a warm welcome back anytime soon - I wouldn’t be surprised if that punishment was a lifetime ban to be honest.

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Norwich city must literally be the club with the least racist incidents in the country, or certainly one of the very lowest, so why are suddenly so many now classified as racists? Mentally unwell slacktivists is the answer.

The club should take the 30 quid and boot the booers before kick off. They can come back again and repeat! 🤑

1 minute ago, Alex Moss said:

I don’t know who suggested lifetime bans for the act of booing, depends on the context I guess, KC, but assuming it’s in association with basically supporting racism, then I would definitely expect the club (and any other club) to treat this very seriously indeed. I’m sure the punishment would likely be of significance though, so probably fair to say any guilty parties wouldn’t be getting a warm welcome back anytime soon - I wouldn’t be surprised if that punishment was a lifetime ban to be honest.

I think a lifetime ban is over the top. Some people are too thick to understand the significance of what they're doing. Let them come back when they've had a think in the naughty corner. 

Just now, NFN FC said:

I think a lifetime ban is over the top. Some people are too thick to understand the significance of what they're doing. Let them come back when they've had a think in the naughty corner. 

Well, the significance is being spelt out to them daily, I don’t know how anyone can plead dumb about it in this day and age. I know football clubs in general have issued lifetime bans before, but what you have to do to earn that I do not know. As I say, I’m not sure if it would be a lifetime ban or what, that’s up to the clubs to decide, but I would be massively surprised if said perpetrators were told to stay away for 2 or 3 games, you can bet your life it will be far more significant than that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alex Moss said:

Well, the significance is being spelt out to them daily, I don’t know how anyone can plead dumb about it in this day and age. I know football clubs in general have issued lifetime bans before, but what you have to do to earn that I do not know. As I say, I’m not sure if it would be a lifetime ban or what, that’s up to the clubs to decide, but I would be massively surprised if said perpetrators were told to stay away for 2 or 3 games, you can bet your life it will be far more significant than that.

Is it though? Not everyone pays attention. 

I think they should take the perpetrators in front of the stand and ask everyone to boo them 😉

It’s great to know that there’s an army of on site grasses ready to throw anybody they don’t like under the bus for saying “boo-urns” at the wrong time.

doesn’t sound like 1930s German secret police at all. 

seriously, listen to yourselves. Pathetic. Stop categorising sections of this clubs fanbase as racist. Get help before you hurt yourself or anybody close to you.

18 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

It’s great to know that there’s an army of on site grasses ready to throw anybody they don’t like under the bus for saying “boo-urns” at the wrong time.

doesn’t sound like 1930s German secret police at all. 

seriously, listen to yourselves. Pathetic. Stop categorising sections of this clubs fanbase as racist. Get help before you hurt yourself or anybody close to you.

Wouldnt your time be better spent trying to get this thread moved. 

3 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Wouldnt your time be better spent trying to get this thread moved. 

Why don’t you start 3 more on the same subject? 

it’s detailed discussion and others have called for it to be moved.

im not saying it shouldn’t be discussed, I encourage its discussion, just not on the main board due to its disruption. You know I’m right. There’s a section of people signed up to this board for whom Norwich City is a secondary concern.

Edited by The Real Buh

There are two sides to the taking the knee. One is the genuine feeling of most of us that black lives do matter and that everyone should be treated equally and the other side is the extreme element amongst the black community who try to hijack the good that is there to promote their extreme agenda.

So do the booers make that distinction? Of course not - they only see things in a simplistic way.  It's more down to stupidity than anything.

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Why don’t you start 3 more on the same subject? 

it’s detailed discussion and others have called for it to be moved.

im not saying it shouldn’t be discussed, I encourage its discussion, just not on the main board due to its disruption. You know I’m right. There’s a section of people signed up to this board for whom Norwich City is a secondary concern.

Im one of them, my family definitely comes before NCFC. So what? 

I'd suggest than anyone who has Norwich City as their primary concern should at least go do some voluntary work.  Broaden their Horizons a bit.

• Like 1

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

Im one of them, my family definitely comes before NCFC. So what? 

I'd suggest than anyone who has Norwich City as their primary concern should at least go do some voluntary work.  Broaden their Horizons a bit.

What an absolute pleb

their primary reason to be on this Norwich city forum. 

do you want me to spell it out in crayon for you? Idiot.

Easily risen?! If you were a Trout you wouldn't last 5 mins . 

Your Insults are like water droplets rolling off a well waxed jacket. Must try harder. Or just give up. Either or. Makes no odds to me. Lil Buh.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

That is called selective thinking.  It's like saying you shouldn't sing the National Anthem because it supports the BNP. 

Is it selective thinking to believe that this is causing division in the country ?

3 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Easily risen?! If you were a Trout you wouldn't last 5 mins . 

Your Insults are like water droplets rolling off a well waxed jacket. Must try harder. Or just give up. Either or. Makes no odds to me. Lil Buh.

Cry for me

AC38DA3F-3194-4530-B939-DD3080C63C9F.gif

• Haha 1

Maybe, because apparently people are going to play the ignorant and stupid card on this, we need to decide which knee to take to differentiate between the BLM political movement and the racial equality side.

We have to cater to stupid people all the time.

5 minutes ago, paul moy said:

Is it selective thinking to believe that this is causing division in the country ?

The desire to send a message to the powers that be that everyone should be treated equally the same is a genuine and widely held view and is to be applauded.  If it's causing division it's only because of the stupidity of extremists on either side.    Extremists ruin lives.

Edited by lake district canary