Petriix

Taking the knee

5 minutes ago, ELYOUKAYEE said:

Don't be ashamed of lacking the ability to think critically, it's extremely common. It's why people blindly follow social trends; for example, taking the knee at football games or clapping for the NHS.. 

That's why University's are desperately trying to 'teach' this skill to students.. because multiple generations have grown up without the ability to think critically and we have ended up where we are now...

From the man who doesn't know how to use an apostrophe, and spouts rubbish like the following:

"All these Middle Class, Middle-Aged people supporting this, think that a simple "Gesture" at the beginning of a football game is gonna solve it, when actually they're gonna have to pay more taxes, have the 1 'buy to let' instead of 2 and redistribute the wealth. PUT UP OR SHUT UP."

I think I'll give any "advice" from you a miss.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, horsefly said:

From the man who doesn't know how to use an apostrophe, and spouts rubbish like the following:

"All these Middle Class, Middle-Aged people supporting this, think that a simple "Gesture" at the beginning of a football game is gonna solve it, when actually they're gonna have to pay more taxes, have the 1 'buy to let' instead of 2 and redistribute the wealth. PUT UP OR SHUT UP."

"You'll no doubt be pleased to hear that I intend those to be my final words on this particularly topic".............

that was 4 hours ago ....and yet here you are still 😔

11 minutes ago, horsefly said:

I've misplaced an apostrophe.. "that instantly makes everything you say redundant" or you could think critically (if you could) and say that's probably just a common error made by someone typing on a phone or tablet screen. 

As for the paragraph you quoted me in, let me clarify. The biggest driving factor or Racism is Wealth Inequality.. if you don't like Racism why don't you front up some of your wealth to help peopl; Black and Ethnic Minority communities need funding to provide community services that help people in these communities by providing opportunities.

Most people (as evidenced by the results of elections since 2010) don't seem to want to contribute more of their wealth to help these communities? It's funny that.... I imagine that you don't think YOU should give 20-50% of your wealth to a redistribution fund, directly helping Black communities? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, C.I.D said:

"You'll no doubt be pleased to hear that I intend those to be my final words on this particularly topic".............

that was 4 hours ago ....and yet here you are still 😔

I think you will find I have said nothing more about that subject matter. Feel free to have a look. I have merely responded to the continued abuse, which I really don't mind at all as it only helps expose what anti-racists have to confront

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ELYOUKAYEE said:

I've misplaced an apostrophe.. "that instantly makes everything you say redundant" or you could think critically (if you could) and say that's probably just a common error made by someone typing on a phone or tablet screen. 

As for the paragraph you quoted me in, let me clarify. The biggest driving factor or Racism is Wealth Inequality.. if you don't like Racism why don't you front up some of your wealth to help peopl; Black and Ethnic Minority communities need funding to provide community services that help people in these communities by providing opportunities.

Most people (as evidenced by the results of elections since 2010) don't seem to want to contribute more of their wealth to help these communities? It's funny that.... I imagine that you don't think YOU should give 20-50% of your wealth to a redistribution fund, directly helping Black communities? 

I do apologise I didn't realise that you were my accountant with access to all the information about my wealth and charitable donations. Silly me!

Edited by horsefly

11 minutes ago, horsefly said:

I do apologise I didn't realise that you were my accountant with access to all the information about my wealth and charitable donations. Silly me!

Funny that... Let me guess; you're just a hard done by working class fishermen out of Lowestoft, who "fights injustice whereever he see's it"..... 

A tenner here and there won't make a difference buh... That's why people are protesting...

18 minutes ago, horsefly said:

I think you will find I have said nothing more about that subject matter. Feel free to have a look. I have merely responded to the continued abuse, which I really don't mind at all as it only helps expose what anti-racists have to confront

Abuse......  **** me 😂

2 hours ago, horsefly said:

• Like 1

image.jpeg.b72b82d8f288b757a39c69e201576950.jpeg

Re-runs of Wolfie at 23.00 on Forces TV channel 96.....FREEVIEW....."POWER TO THE PEOPLE!".....(Tooting Popular Front).....
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ELYOUKAYEE said:

Funny that... Let me guess; you're just a hard done by working class fishermen out of Lowestoft, who "fights injustice whereever he see's it"..... 

A tenner here and there won't make a difference buh... That's why people are protesting...

Sadly one of the biggest cons of the last 20 years is the state of the fishing industry. It's actually another case of a large chunk of the quota being owned by a relative few who then chose to be the only people in the EU to sell it off to other European countries. Which is the simple take on it.

So really, it is a closer to home issue, again. Where a monopoly of ownership led to the traditional fishermen not owning any of the fishing quota's and finding work harder to get as a result. Especially the smaller traditional fishermen and not the huge industrial trawlers.

But you know. I should probably go to university to learn to be more critical of the truth and facts... 

On 08/12/2020 at 13:01, FenwayFrank said:

I don’t think it will be too much longer before this thread is pulled 

I think your prediction could well be on the horizon.

3 minutes ago, chicken said:

Sadly one of the biggest cons of the last 20 years is the state of the fishing industry. It's actually another case of a large chunk of the quota being owned by a relative few who then chose to be the only people in the EU to sell it off to other European countries. Which is the simple take on it.

So really, it is a closer to home issue, again. Where a monopoly of ownership led to the traditional fishermen not owning any of the fishing quota's and finding work harder to get as a result. Especially the smaller traditional fishermen and not the huge industrial trawlers.

But you know. I should probably go to university to learn to be more critical of the truth and facts... 

You don't need to go to University at all mate to be "more critical of the truth and facts".. that's just what commentators like James O'Brien want you to think.. How else do you think someone with a degree in Social Studies and African Studies maintains their "Intellectual prowess" over you? 

Regarding the fishing industry; The Conservatives ****ed it up and Labour didn't fix it... Why else do you think the people voted to leave the EU, which only UKIP (God Bless 😂) supported at the time....

Feel free to bury your head in the sand of New Labour... It's worked for near 20 years it'll probably work now!

13 minutes ago, ELYOUKAYEE said:

More BLM for the "scholar's" on this forum

httpsps://youtu.be/1CElGfCVPkc

😂😂😂😂😂

He we go... off into the rabbit hole of youtube, that source of virtuous and reliable information that gave us such truths as;
- chem trails
- David Ike and his space alien lizard people
- anti vaax
- flat earthers
- Covid-deniers
- Covid conspiracists who blew wide open Bill Gate's evil plans to microchip us all so that when he lost us he could find us again using one of those chip scanners vets use.

I mean, I could go on. You've simply just posted a link which doesn't work and with a bit of faffing apparently links to a chap voicing his opinion. Fantastic. Like we needed someone else's random opinion to reinforce yours.

The issue with most discussions like this is a lot of people are willing to discuss things rationally and a few turn up and have no concept of a discussion, try to describe facts as opinions and their opinions as facts. Then get all shouty, share videos like the above thinking that adds weight somehow.

What we end up with is a false description of Marxism. An incorrect attribution to BLM of instigating the taking of the knee. And views that tend to typically ignore inconvenient truths. Usually this ends up in undermining and insulting people who have a decent level of education too. Just like politics from some quarters has been undermining scientists and experts for several years now.

Rather than progressing, it tends to push people away from having a decent, open and honest discussion, leaving the centerground for the loudmouths and the "I think it so it's true" folks.

In this instance, folks arguing against it are providing the evidence in these threads that more needs to be done, not less. 

Edited by chicken
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

🤦🏻‍♂️

I know you’re a dense Trump supporter so I’ll remind you that TV coverage of football reaches 100’s of millions worldwide.

I know being a leftie means you need the odd ad hominem to bolster your courage, but what has TV coverage got to do with your own personal commitment to taking the knee in support of your BLM chums? It seems a case of you are quite happy for others to do the heavy lifting while you are prepared to do nothing. You want footballers to begin their workday shift with a bend of the knee but you are not prepared to ask your work colleagues to join you in a daily knee bend against racism. In truth, it's all a bit of a game for you where you are happy for others to take the flak but won't actually stand up and take the flak yourself.

It's not just you, Alex, it's all your mates on here who are quick to expect footballers to take the knee but not one of you has the courage to organise taking the knee in your workplaces. So I can only conclude you want footballers to take the knee so that you can feel virtuous.

alex.JPG

1 hour ago, chicken said:

😂😂😂😂😂

He we go... off into the rabbit hole of youtube, that source of virtuous and reliable information that gave us such truths as;
- chem trails
- anti vaax
- flat earthers
- Covid-deniers
- Covid conspiracists who blew wide open Bill Gate's evil plans to microchip us all so that when he lost us he could find us again using one of those chip scanners vets use.

I mean, I could go on. You've simply just posted a link which doesn't work and with a bit of faffing apparently links to a chap voicing his opinion. Fantastic. Like we needed someone else's random opinion to reinforce yours.

The issue with most discussions like this is a lot of people are willing to discuss things rationally and a few turn up and have no concept of a discussion, try to describe facts as opinions and their opinions as facts. Then get all shouty, share videos like the above thinking that adds weight somehow.

What we end up with is a false description of Marxism. An incorrect attribution to BLM of instigating the taking of the knee. And views that tend to typically ignore inconvenient truths. Usually this ends up in undermining and insulting people who have a decent level of education too. Just like politics from some quarters has been undermining scientists and experts for several years now.

Rather than progressing, it tends to push people away from having a decent, open and honest discussion, leaving the centerground for the loudmouths and the "I think it so it's true" folks.

In this instance, folks arguing against it are providing the evidence in these threads that more needs to be done, not less. 

I posted the wrong link. I meant to post this link of a BLM leader racially abusing a Black Man.. I'll warn you, it's uncomfortable viewing, will probably make you think twice about taking the knee in future. 

https://youtu.be/qsdmgaOKbIU

1 hour ago, chicken said:

😂😂😂😂😂

- chem trails
- anti vaax
- flat earthers
- Covid-deniers

You're absolutely right, More does need to be done.

DRASTIC WEALTH DISTRIBUTION.

Everyone needs to pay more in taxes; 

- 50+ year olds should surrender 50% or their Pension in tax (shored up by the government during the 2008/9 bank bailout, it's only fair you pay for the financial security you've received)

- Anyone earning over £26,000 per annum should pay more tax (50% tax rate as you're in the privelidged position of being in the top 1% of global earners) 

- Confiscate second homes (Housing crisis requires emergency need for homes, charity starts at home..) 

I'm guessing you don't want to acknowledge any of these issues.. it's just easier to bury your head in the sand and blame the working class tradesmen who works 50 hours a week and can't understand why a footballer earning £20,000 a week is complaining that he's the victim of "systemic Racism".

• Like 1

You're assuming that all people supporting the taking of the knee are very wealthy, middle class, management level types. I can see multiple problems with society, racism being one of the most insidious, which we can do our part to change, but wealth inequality is one of the most obvious problems which people keep voting for. How do we persuade people that they keep voting against their own best interests? 

2 hours ago, Herman said:

You're assuming that all people supporting the taking of the knee are very wealthy, middle class, management level types. I can see multiple problems with society, racism being one of the most insidious, which we can do our part to change, but wealth inequality is one of the most obvious problems which people keep voting for. How do we persuade people that they keep voting against their own best interests?

By getting an opposition party that is worthy of the name, then we might have something to vote for! 

26 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

By getting an opposition party that is worthy of the name, then we might have something to vote for! 

That would definitely help. 

12 hours ago, ELYOUKAYEE said:

You're absolutely right, More does need to be done.

DRASTIC WEALTH DISTRIBUTION.

Everyone needs to pay more in taxes; 

- 50+ year olds should surrender 50% or their Pension in tax (shored up by the government during the 2008/9 bank bailout, it's only fair you pay for the financial security you've received)

- Anyone earning over £26,000 per annum should pay more tax (50% tax rate as you're in the privelidged position of being in the top 1% of global earners) 

- Confiscate second homes (Housing crisis requires emergency need for homes, charity starts at home..) 

I'm guessing you don't want to acknowledge any of these issues.. it's just easier to bury your head in the sand and blame the working class tradesmen who works 50 hours a week and can't understand why a footballer earning £20,000 a week is complaining that he's the victim of "systemic Racism".

Again, all you have is assumptions. The video you link to doesn't identify her as a "leader" either. Not only that, clearly something had gone on before which he suggests by saying right at the beginning of the video "go on, threaten me again". Having witnessed incidents where someone has been bullied repeatedly and snapped and fought back I always prefer to know the entire context and incident before passing judgement on an entire movement AND an organisation on the basis of one person.

It's a bit like me suggesting that because one Tory stands accused of rape that all Conservatives, internationally, are rapists and misogynists. I'm sure that there are people who will do that, but that's not how I think or approach things.

All of the things you address are issues and issues that need addressing. But you assume wrong and if you keep doing so this discourse will end with me being involved. So far, you have been incredibly accusational, provided nothing but dodgy vids without context. And your only intent seems to make extreme assumptions and accusations in an effort to wind people up, or in short to troll.

3 hours ago, chicken said:

Again, all you have is assumptions. The video you link to doesn't identify her as a "leader" either. Not only that, clearly something had gone on before which he suggests by saying right at the beginning of the video "go on, threaten me again". Having witnessed incidents where someone has been bullied repeatedly and snapped and fought back I always prefer to know the entire context and incident before passing judgement on an entire movement AND an organisation on the basis of one person.

It's a bit like me suggesting that because one Tory stands accused of rape that all Conservatives, internationally, are rapists and misogynists. I'm sure that there are people who will do that, but that's not how I think or approach things.

All of the things you address are issues and issues that need addressing. But you assume wrong and if you keep doing so this discourse will end with me being involved. So far, you have been incredibly accusational, provided nothing but dodgy vids without context. And your only intent seems to make extreme assumptions and accusations in an effort to wind people up, or in short to troll.

She is known as the "Leader of BLM in Oxford" and the "Leader of Take the Initiative Party". Her name is Sasha Johnson, you can find plenty of video footage on YouTube

The double standard you outline in your first paragraph is extraordinary! So it's ok to Racially Abuse someone now if you're being 'bullied'.. Bullying is subjective at the best of times so I'd love to know how you'd enforce that. No one can honestly watch that video and truthfully suggest that she is being bullied, she is quite clearly BEING the bully.

"All of the things you address are issues and issues that need addressing. But you assume wrong and if you keep doing so this discourse will end with me being involved." 

Is this some kind of message board intimidation.. 😂 I've really sh it now Chicken is involved! 

The reason people are wound up by what I said is because it's the truth and the truth hurts. You all want to help BAME communities.. time you sacrificed your own wealth to do this. As I said before Put Up or Shut Up.

Edited by ELYOUKAYEE

25 minutes ago, ELYOUKAYEE said:

She is known as the "Leader of BLM in Oxford" and the "Leader of Take the Initiative Party". Her name is Sasha Johnson, you can find plenty of video footage on YouTube

The double standard you outline in your first paragraph is extraordinary! So it's ok to Racially Abuse someone now if you're being 'bullied'.. Bullying is subjective at the best of times so I'd love to know how you'd enforce that. No one can honestly watch that video and truthfully suggest that she is being bullied, she is quite clearly BEING the bully.

"All of the things you address are issues and issues that need addressing. But you assume wrong and if you keep doing so this discourse will end with me being involved." 

Is this some kind of message board intimidation.. 😂 I've really sh it now Chicken is involved! 

The reason people are wound up by what I said is because it's the truth and the truth hurts. You all want to help BAME communities.. time you sacrificed your own wealth to do this. As I said before Put Up or Shut Up.

image.thumb.jpeg.c7c1e74f424c390eabecaed436a73553.jpeg

• Like 1

So one of ours was booted out at the Forest game. Not quite crime of the season is it. When did booing become a punishable offence. What next? Being yanked out for shouting at an opposition player? Reprimand for telling the ref to hurry the time wasters up? I and many others have had enough of this almost daily charade that seems to have been afforded a higher status than any other in my lifetime. The fear being created by the media and authorities that anyone disagreeing with the political BLM gesture is a criminal is seriously concerning. And Archant, why cant we comment on the story? Scared that there will be sane people expressing support for the person ejected?

• Like 2

Like this thread

Time to call it a day 

Sick of hearing the BBC shove it down our throats before every game  like they are dealing with a bunch of idiots.

Black lives matter as do White, Asian and any other race

• Like 3