Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Pre Delia

I was 17/18 years old that season. Earning my first decent wage and discovering the joy of pubs. I don't remember much of that season sadly.😀

Has anyone ever seen a striker more unlucky than Robert Rosario?  He would strike a ball from 25-30 yards so sweetly and it would cannon off the woodwork.

21 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Such a shame the Chairman did not back the manager with the cash for a couple of more players, who knows what would have happened, imagine being able to talk about a league and cup double..........

Even with far greater crowds and Sky money now nothing changes there. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Even with far greater crowds and Sky money now nothing changes there. 

Still got my "Chase Out" mug 😀.  That was the thing that was apparent to me watching that clip (thanks for posting it), a good footballing team on the pitch hampered by a lack of investment off the pitch, as you say some things never change. I suppose you could argue with more Sky money in the game comes higher wages etc, I would imagine everything is much more expensive these days so it is all relative..........

50 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Such a shame the Chairman did not back the manager with the cash for a couple of more players, who knows what would have happened, imagine being able to talk about a league and cup double..........

Just what some people have been saying over the years about Delia, but surely the penny must have dropped by now - you can't spend money you haven't got. You couldn't then and you can't now.  If Chase had spent money he would have had to try and borrow it from somewhere and as we were on the verge of bancruptcy anyway and if he had somehow persuaded someone to lend us more, it probably would have finished the club off, so just as well he didn't!

13 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Good old days - a completely different footballing era.

The good old days of Brexit football

Awful pitches, no VAR, no 'elf and safety and a love of tackles that would no doubt get you banned from playing the game nowdays