Sign in to follow this  
pete

Forest up next more of the same

Forest will come with a game plan which will not be dissimilar to that of Pulis.  Chris Hughton needs to stop the rot expect more bus parking a draw against the league leaders will do nicely.  Not for the first time this season we can expect a massed defence.  Forest have looked poor in the extreme and looked dire against Reading yesterday and lost a player to a handball stopping a goal.  A scenario that mirrored the experience of Wednesday before yesterday.  Hughton with the way he tries to set up is strictly out of the Pulis handbook.  An earlier goal would be appreciated to force them to come out to play however will be happy enough with another late show.  

One of the Forest fans called Erik on our club -

‘You know, we might take the **** but there is an owner who not only is highly competent and has her club regularly punching above it's weight but who also cares passionately.

We'd kill for an owner like that.‘

1 hour ago, pete said:

An earlier goal would be appreciated to force them to come out to play   

You must remind me pete when Hughton was Norwch manager when he changed our game plan having fallen behind.

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

You must remind me pete when Hughton was Norwch manager when he changed our game plan having fallen behind.

He changed things by bringing on another defender 😁

17 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

I love the way their poll at the top of the page includes both of the following separate options - Norwich Win - and - Forest Lose. 🙂 

Ha ha, didn’t notice that, Thirsty! Time for another read - always interesting to read other supporters message boards ahead of a game, unless it’s Brentford’s where they all just think they’re too good for this league and is therefore a bit predictable.

Always liked Nottingham Forest, generally a very good bunch in my limited experience, a historically big club with decent history though you don’t hear their fans bang on about it every 5 seconds unlike those sh1theads at Leeds - they’re a much more humble bunch.

10 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Ha ha, didn’t notice that, Thirsty! Time for another read - always interesting to read other supporters message boards ahead of a game, unless it’s Brentford’s where they all just think they’re too good for this league and is therefore a bit predictable.

Always liked Nottingham Forest, generally a very good bunch in my limited experience, a historically big club with decent history though you don’t hear their fans bang on about it every 5 seconds unlike those sh1theads at Leeds - they’re a much more humble bunch.

And of course Forest really were Champions of Europe - twice!!

1 minute ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

And of course Forest really were Champions of Europe - twice!!

Ha ha, exactly! They’re a club I’d like to see back in the Premier League one day for sure.

This quote from a poster on their message board made me laugh 😂

‘We will absolutely batter them, raining down 2 shots on their goal, both off target. 

Figueiredo will staunchly lead our stubborn defence, restricting the frustrated Canaries to just 3 goals. 

A 0-3 loss and we march onwards (to league 1)‘

• Haha 1

Sounds like they're trying to park the bus, but Helen Keller's at the steering wheel.

Forest were champions of Europe twice- back to back- but their astonishing achievement was to do it without overseas players. Clough was an amazing manager, with John Bond once remarking:  "I've heard he never does any coaching." He would tell them to get out there and do their jobs and **** off for a game of squash!

On 06/12/2020 at 19:19, TIL 1010 said:

Just makes me miss 'proper football' even more.

There was a gripping 3 all against Forest at Carrow Road in the late 70s . We thought we were buried. Can anyone remember when?

We all know how forest will set up Tommo, very negative boring manager but if we can score early , there game plan goes outta of the window.

4 hours ago, NCFCInnit said:

There was a gripping 3 all against Forest at Carrow Road in the late 70s . We thought we were buried. Can anyone remember when?

here be, boy