Sign in to follow this  
pete

Norwich 3 WBA 2 Feb 1975

Just watched this game from 1975 McDougall, Boyer and Keelan et al on the Big Match Revisited ITV4 London Saturday am just after the early Racing programme at 0.30.  Don't know if similar on Anglia ITV4 showing Norwich, Ipswich etc. only highlights yesterday.  Cant watch ITV 4 Anglia only ITV1.

Main match was Luton 1 Newcastle 0.  And 45 years ago Kenilworth Rd was exactly the same as Wednesday night.  Only improvements roof on terracing behind the goal and seating installed.  Call it seating but only a bench with a backless plastic board to park your bim.  Flodlights probably had been the same ones used wednesday.     Luton did have John Ryan as full back.

I think that was the game where we got vouchers for the league cup final, if my memory serves me right. 

Ran out on some gates, so had to do a bit of gate hopping to get one.

OTBC

10 hours ago, pete said:

Just watched this game from 1975 McDougall, Boyer and Keelan et al on the Big Match Revisited ITV4 London Saturday am just after the early Racing programme at 0.30.  Don't know if similar on Anglia ITV4 showing Norwich, Ipswich etc. only highlights yesterday.  Cant watch ITV 4 Anglia only ITV1.

Main match was Luton 1 Newcastle 0.  And 45 years ago Kenilworth Rd was exactly the same as Wednesday night.  Only improvements roof on terracing behind the goal and seating installed.  Call it seating but only a bench with a backless plastic board to park your bim.  Flodlights probably had been the same ones used wednesday.     Luton did have John Ryan as full back.

TBF, aren’t they about to open a new ground? They’re not going to waste money improving the old one if that’s the case. I’m sure Spix will be along soon to tell us.

3 hours ago, Sussexyellow said:

I think that was the game where we got vouchers for the league cup final, if my memory serves me right. 

Ran out on some gates, so had to do a bit of gate hopping to get one.

OTBC

It was because there was concern that WBA fans might get hold of vouchers to sell on the Villa fans

13 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

TBF, aren’t they about to open a new ground? They’re not going to waste money improving the old one if that’s the case. I’m sure Spix will be along soon to tell us.

They haven’t actually started building yet so an extra bulb or two might be necessary yo see them through