If we get promoted this season and Brentford don’t, I would like us to break the bank and buy Ivan Toney. What do you think? Toney and Pukki our two rotating strikers. It might give us a fighting chance of survival and bit of guarantee of bouncing back if you go down or another saleable asset.

What do you think?

I think he looks a real handful, full of confidence and when I've seen him interviewed, a very level headed and articulate young man.  He very much fits the mould of a player you want as a lone striker and if it could happen, I wouldn't say no to him coming here that's for sure.  Lots of if's and but's in that though.

Edited by seanthecanary

Would love him here, he’s looks like a fabulous player, but Brentford paid £10 million for him and you can guarantee they’d want far more for him after a great season. I can’t see us spending £15million or more on one player even if we do go up again. 

Edited by ec-p

9 minutes ago, overthebordercanary said:

Nice idea, but we know the owners won't spend any money again if we were to go up this season as they have been burnt with expensive duds like Naismith and RVW

We must always use those transfers to justify not spending again. Let’s never forget Maddison, Godfrey, Lewis, Pritchard, Murphy x2 etc etc.

Ha ha, we wouldn't have had this conversation at 4.30 yesterday afternoon, but I'll jump on the promotion squad bandwagon, even though it is December the 6th,  and throw in Steven Caulker and Che Adams (I know he is very unlikely to leave Southampton, unless they sign another couple of CFs). If we don't go up, I'd still go for Caulker 🙂 

Nice to indulge on a Sunday morning 🙂