Sign in to follow this  
sonyc

A bit more good news

Even if he get's into the squad gonna be hard competing with Pukki/Hugill/Idah and now Omotoye too.

Question is.. What's the pecking order when he's in?

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Even if he get's into the squad gonna be hard competing with Pukki/Hugill/Idah and now Omotoye too.

Well not really. Omotoye is 18, so the chances are he will be loaned out for a season to gain some much needed first team experience. Part of me wonders if Idah also needs that, playing regularly to continue his development. Soto is on loan as things stand and getting that experience and showing enough to be getting into the USA squad.

It's likely to be a headache for next summer at which point they might look at which of those young strikers they think is the most prepared for some chances in the premier league and then loan the others out.

2 minutes ago, chicken said:

Well not really. Omotoye is 18, so the chances are he will be loaned out for a season to gain some much needed first team experience. Part of me wonders if Idah also needs that, playing regularly to continue his development. Soto is on loan as things stand and getting that experience and showing enough to be getting into the USA squad.

It's likely to be a headache for next summer at which point they might look at which of those young strikers they think is the most prepared for some chances in the premier league and then loan the others out.

Let's not start counting yourself before you've hatched.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Let's not start counting yourself before you've hatched.

😁

True. 😀 It's probably because I don't want to contemplate an alternative. That alternative, in reality, would almost certainly mean losing the remaining gems in our side. Pukki, Buendia, Cantwell, Aarons and then the likes of Gibson and Quintilla are signed on loans with the idea of purchase upon promotion. Though I have heard suggestion that Gibson's isn't purely reliant upon that.

4 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Omotoye is only currently in the squad out of necessity. If it weren't for the injuries I don't think he'd be near the squad.

To back that up, Stiepermann has started up front ahead of him.

10 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

You forgot Drmic................... 😏

30 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

So had everyone else except you😂

I think it fair enough  to say at this stage that we can forget about Drmic UNTIL DF announces  that hes back training with the first team squad.  Subject dead in the water  until then I reckon.

• Like 1