Tommo

Carlton Morris

Sensational solo goal scored today, real shame several years on from the FA Youth Cup that he hasn’t been able to get the break into the first team. Sadly with our current and emerging forward talent (Sinani, Soto etc) I doubt he ever will 

I like Morris, I think he has the potential to be a regular Championship striker, whether he realises that or not is hard to predict.

He's been really unlucky with injuries too. At the times when he may have been given a chance due to injuries or suspensions to other players he has also been injured. He'll be 25 in 11 days and I can't help but feel that if he is to have a career he needs to leave to build it now. Not because he is rubbish but at 25 he needs to be a regular starter, proving what he can do on a regular basis.

I'm not saying that Carlton Morris is going to reach the levels that we aspire to as a club these days...

.... But whenever I've seen him play, including a couple of times for MK Dons, he's look really good with his back to the goal bringing others into play, and he's got nice quick feet and close control for a big unit.

Part of me does wonder whether he'd have been slightly better suited to our style of play than Hugill to be honest, just because he's good at bringing the ball down with his chest for a quick lay off and learnt a lot from Grant Holt about drawing the foul in Vrancic territory! 

Could see if Russell Martin fancies swapping him for Idah in January to test to that theory! 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

We only have this season to find out TVB. He's out of contract next summer and is able to speak to other clubs in January onwards.

Who know’s with a bit of coaching from Cameron Jerome,  CM might have a blinding season and may make a late claim to be a Norwich player.  Fingers crossed. 

10 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I'm not saying that Carlton Morris is going to reach the levels that we aspire to as a club these days...

.... But whenever I've seen him play, including a couple of times for MK Dons, he's look really good with his back to the goal bringing others into play, and he's got nice quick feet and close control for a big unit.

Part of me does wonder whether he'd have been slightly better suited to our style of play than Hugill to be honest, just because he's good at bringing the ball down with his chest for a quick lay off and learnt a lot from Grant Holt about drawing the foul in Vrancic territory! 

Could see if Russell Martin fancies swapping him for Idah in January to test to that theory! 

I would agree.  Even in the FA Youth Cup winning team he was excellent in holding the ball up and bringing others into play.  I guess the issue with him is that he just doesn't score enough goals but I certainly think he would be an option to play with Pukki even if not as replacement.  The club must see something in him as they would have jettisoned him a while ago given his age.  Sadly, I just think it's going to be the case that he never quite makes it here but will no doubt have a decent career.

Unfortunately his fortune won't lie with us, and we have Idah as a similar comparison, and he has over 5 years on Morris, and already has Premier League and International appearances to his name. It'll always be good to see our products go on to have great careers though.

23 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Unfortunately his fortune won't lie with us, and we have Idah as a similar comparison, and he has over 5 years on Morris, and already has Premier League and International appearances to his name. It'll always be good to see our products go on to have great careers though.

What I’ve seen of Idah this season he looks like he can do with a season on loan at Sunderland or somewhere to acclimatise to men’s football.  He looks out of his depth at the moment. 

16 hours ago, Tommo said:

Sensational solo goal scored today, real shame several years on from the FA Youth Cup that he hasn’t been able to get the break into the first team. Sadly with our current and emerging forward talent (Sinani, Soto etc) I doubt he ever will 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST5AF6_EyeA Goal starts at 50 seconds.

Wow, some goal. One swallow doesn't make a summer but I can't imagine Hugill ever doing anything like that!

Edited by Krul Mistress
Added time of goal

1 hour ago, Krul Mistress said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST5AF6_EyeA Goal starts at 50 seconds.

Wow, some goal. One swallow doesn't make a summer but I can't imagine Hugill ever doing anything like that!

The lad can play.... His aerial ability and his knock downs make you wonder whether he'd actually be a better option that Stiepermann at number 10. 

But then I'm hoping Dowell will come in and own that spot. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

17 hours ago, Myra Hawtree said:

Yes it is a shame but he’s doing well at MK with Jerome too.

Good goals from Canos and Toffolo too today.

All these Norwich connections to MK making my hatred of MK diminish somewhat.

Only slightly mind, still a sad pathetic non club.

He's been truly unfortunate with wounds as well. At the occasions whenever he may have been given an opportunity because of wounds or suspensions to different players he has likewise been harmed. He'll be 25 of every 11 days and I can't resist the urge to feel that on the off chance that he is to have a profession he needs to leave to construct it now. Not on the grounds that he is garbage yet at 25 he should be an ordinary starter, demonstrating what he can do consistently.  snaptube vidmate word to pdf

Edited by blonko