Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Millwall fans boo thier own players taking the knee

6 minutes ago, yellow 63 said:

This is the point,i leave this thread,not a racist herberts who deface war memorials derserve a kicking,away fans back in day also,times moved on and knee up

Sorry. Tried 3 or 4 times. Still none the wiser.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, yellow 63 said:

Not into all this politics lark but a link i have been sent 

130186884_10225263874969511_7212305581501383504_o.jpg

They forget to add they were opposed to people peacefully going to a football match in a different town, going to a pub for a drink in a different town, being allowed to wear club colours in a different town.

"Some of Millwall's finest have been Black". Well we didn't imagine being a thug was dependent on colour did we. Its a way of life for some of them.

Sometimes I'm ashamed to be a football supporter. The obviously racist booing and jeering shows that the protest is still very much necessary and relevant.

If anyone on here feels the slightest shred of support for this kind of behaviour then I very much hope that you keep your anachronistic views to yourself and don't shame the rest of us with anything similar.

9 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

They forget to add they were opposed to people peacefully going to a football match in a different town, going to a pub for a drink in a different town, being allowed to wear club colours in a different town.

"Some of Millwall's finest have been Black". Well we didn't imagine being a thug was dependent on colour did we. Its a way of life for some of them.

True,but over the years Norwich have been just a guilty,way of life in some quarters,just some posters on here would have never seenthe slightest inkling of crowd trouble,and yes there were some  incidents over the years

1 hour ago, Kenny Foggo said:

If black sports people still feel the knee is needed then they should be supported until they don't feel it's needed. Dion Dublin had it right, the boos at Millwall were made by racists.

I didn't hear what Dion said but here is a quote from BBC. 

They don't agree with taking the knee, which means they are racist. They don't agree with Black Lives Matter; that says they are racist to me.

I think he's got this totally wrong. A few weeks ago there was a picture in a Sunday paper of the England Rugby team (can't remember who they were playing) but at least two remained standing). No doubt Dublin would label them as 'racist' as well would he?? Doubt he would actually say that to their face though. Perhaps those players were fed up with the politically correct nature of this gesture? As for Dublin's BLM analogy, that's a stupid comment. Most people totally agree with the principle of treating everyone fairly irrespective of skin colour but don't agree with the BLM 'political' organisation which has some sinister overtones. In Dublin world, though, thoughtful and objective people like that are 'racist'!!  I used to have a great deal of respect for Dublin. That has now disappeared with his 'racist' this and 'racist' that comments.

Maybe, just maybe, the fans who booed were directing their displeasure at the political BLM movement??  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

They don't agree with taking the knee, which means they are racist. They don't agree with Black Lives Matter; that says they are racist to me.

I think he's got this totally wrong. A few weeks ago there was a picture in a Sunday paper of the England Rugby team (can't remember who they were playing) but at least two remained standing). No doubt Dublin would label them as 'racist' as well would he?? Doubt he would actually say that to their face though. Perhaps those players were fed up with the politically correct nature of this gesture? As for Dublin's BLM analogy, that's a stupid comment. Most people totally agree with the principle of treating everyone fairly irrespective of skin colour but don't agree with the BLM 'political' organisation which has some sinister overtones. In Dublin world, though, thoughtful and objective people like that are 'racist'!!  I used to have a great deal of respect for Dublin. That has now disappeared with his 'racist' this and 'racist' that comments.

Maybe, just maybe, the fans who booed were directing their displeasure at the political BLM movement??  

Yes - I'm sure you know much more about experiencing racism than Dion Dublin does...................

2 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Yes - I'm sure you know much more about experiencing racism than Dion Dublin does...................

So basically you're saying that just because Dion Dublin is black, he can label absolutely anything racist as he sees fit and it can't be questioned? Is that how it works?

1 hour ago, yellow 63 said:

Because as other posters have quoted,its become an empty gesture now.

Really? You're honestly that confident that you're speaking on behalf of the black community and indeed a very big section of the white community when you describe it as an empty gesture? 

43 minutes ago, yellow 63 said:

True,but over the years Norwich have been just a guilty,way of life in some quarters,just some posters on here would have never seenthe slightest inkling of crowd trouble,and yes there were some  incidents over the years

Well I’m sure they’ll see plenty inklings of crowd trouble if some plonker decides at a full house Carrow Rd to shout ‘Get up!’ at Alex Tettey etc before the match.

BLM has not interest in fighting racism, it's a political organisation - So many people have been sucked into this It's quite incredible 

17 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Interesting that you haven't (and can't) have a sensible conversation about the points I raised. There is a lot of people in this country who are very annoyed at this whole 'taking the knee' gesture but are scared stiff of saying anything in public. 

3 minutes ago, Taylor324 said:

BLM has not interest in fighting racism, it's a political organisation - So many people have been sucked into this It's quite incredible 

Nail on head! Perhaps the Millwall fans were the first with the courage to publicly voice their concern. To openly condemn them all as 'racist' without finding out WHY they booed is typical left wing, politically correct stereotyping.  

5 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Well I’m sure they’ll see plenty inklings of crowd trouble if some plonker decides at a full house Carrow Rd to shout ‘Get up!’ at Alex Tettey etc before the match.

I doubt it, political arguements put to one side no one could be bothered to protest when we  dropped to League 1 a decade ago,lets see.Our fans are very placid

44 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

So basically you're saying that just because Dion Dublin is black, he can label absolutely anything racist as he sees fit and it can't be questioned? Is that how it works?

Where did I say he can't be questioned? I didn't did I so stop putting words in my mouth.

But if it's okay with you I'll give his views on the matter a lot more credence than I would give to a bunch of white people who are very unlikely to have ever experienced racism. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Interesting that you haven't (and can't) have a sensible conversation about the points I raised. There is a lot of people in this country who are very annoyed at this whole 'taking the knee' gesture but are scared stiff of saying anything in public. 

1 hour ago, yellowrider120 said:

So 2 members of the England rugby team remained standing and the other 13 took the knee. Are you volunteering to go and tell the 13 who took the knee (to their faces)  that they have been conned into supporting a politically correct gesture on behalf of a 'political' organisation with sinister overtones?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Taylor324 said:

Really? So booing when people are kneeling is the right way for the right wing to show their opposition?

If you believe the Millwall lot then who has been suckered?

51 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Nail on head! Perhaps the Millwall fans were the first with the courage to publicly voice their concern. To openly condemn them all as 'racist' without finding out WHY they booed is typical left wing, politically correct stereotyping.  

🤣 Says he........... condemning 'stereotyping' with a load of lazy stereotyping of his own. 

"Believing the Millwall lot"?  I'm just stating a fact, BLM are a political group and have officially registered as such  - a Marxist political party - I suggest you read their mission statement and reconsider who is being naive 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Taylor324 said:

No, it is a very large grouping together of different and disperate groups, some are political, some are social and many are civil rights groups. So many have been sucked into believing they are a far-left rabble rousers only. It's quite incredible.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

Yes, it tells you an awful lot about a person if they are, as you put it " ...very annoyed at this whole 'taking the knee' gesture".  I can think of many things to get annoyed about, but a very simple 15 second expression of racial solidarity is not one of them. That it is for you might be something you want to explore yourself. Perhaps you should start by examining why you call it a "gesture" and others call it an "act of solidarity". 

Edited by horsefly
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Petriix said:

Sometimes I'm ashamed to be a football supporter. The obviously racist booing and jeering shows that the protest is still very much necessary and relevant.

If anyone on here feels the slightest shred of support for this kind of behaviour then I very much hope that you keep your anachronistic views to yourself and don't shame the rest of us with anything similar.

Racism is not just against blacks and this has gone too far.  I am white and have suffered racism against me while travelling abroad this year on two occasions.  It has now become too political and making too many believe that racism is only white against black and people are using this as a stick to beat non-blacks.

The irony is that the whole thing that kicked this BLM thing off was actually black on black and was not a racist incident imo. The policeman was not white, and the two had actually worked together as security at a night club where apparently they fell out.

It's time to drop this match-day ritual which i believe is feeding racism.   

Edited by paul moy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, paul moy said:

Racism is not just against blacks and this has gone to far.  I am white and have suffered racism against me while travelling abroad this year on two occasions.  It has now become too political and making too many believe that racism is only white against black and people are using this as a stick to beat non-blacks.

The irony is that the whole thing that kicked this BLM thing off was actually black on black and was not a racist incident imo. The policeman was not white, and the two had actually worked together as security at a night club where apparently they fell out.

It's time to drop this match-day ritual which i believe is feeding racism.   

WOW! where to start on this utter misinformed pile of crud. Probably best to let it speak for itself because a better case for why taking the knee remains an important act of solidarity  probably couldn't be made

• Like 1

Just now, horsefly said:

WOW! where to start on this utter misinformed pile of crud. Probably best to let it speak for itself because a better case for why taking the knee remains an important act of solidarity  probably couldn't be made

Well I speak as a person who has suffered racism and it just proves that you only see it one way, and that is the crux.

6 minutes ago, Herman said:

No, it is a very large grouping together of different and disperate groups, some are political, some are social and many are civil rights groups. So many have been sucked into believing they are a far-left rabble rousers only. It's quite incredible.

"it is a very large grouping together of different and disperate groups" 

Yep! they are desperate! ..... desperate to hoodwink naive people into believing they are fighting racism - I suggest you scratch under the surface and find out exactly what the organisation stands for 

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

I have already as we've been through this nonsense about 3 or 4 times before.

Sadly it's a waste of time. These people will never take the time or effort to educate themselves. 

1 hour ago, yellowrider120 said:

Wooooo.............. very annoyed you say? Oh how they must be suffering!  And to think that some lightweights got hot under the collar about an American cop kneeling on a black man's neck for 9 minutes until he was dead.  Didn't they realise that you and your fellow right wing pearl clutchers were experiencing this terrible injustice?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

As much as I find it distasteful, booing the gesture isn't in itself a racist act; you can't ban fans simply for booing. Plenty of BAME commentators have said that 'taking the knee' is no longer the correct way to move forward... Les Ferdinand, for example: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54237179

It doesn't matter if one or two voices are saying they don't see it as continuing to be the correct way forward. The players do, the leagues do and there remains to be support for it from elsewhere such as the PFA. Their opinions certainly do not excuse fans boing the act.

Otherwise we can almost wave off almost anything.

7 minutes ago, chicken said:

It doesn't matter if one or two voices are saying they don't see it as continuing to be the correct way forward. The players do, the leagues do and there remains to be support for it from elsewhere such as the PFA. Their opinions certainly do not excuse fans boing the act.

Otherwise we can almost wave off almost anything.

"Otherwise we can almost wave off almost anything"

Like defunding the police you mean? Which is a fundamental aim of the BLM organisation