Sign in to follow this  
East Rider

Sorenson in the middle

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

Whenever he’s had a few minutes in a more central position he’s made several tackles and broken up play plenty. 

From early impressions it does seem that Sorenson is capable of being both defensively solid and attack minded.  Nice to see. 

Sorensen has impressed everywhere he has been asked to play and when Quintilla is fit, it would be wrong that Sorensen is dropped imo. He has shown enough that he is an integral part of the team now and if Quintilla comes back in, then space would be needed to is fit Sorensen in midfield.  Skipp and Sorensen should be a good combination and when Rupp is fit, it means we have a good option from the bench.  Vrancic is in there too of course and Tettey a great back up to have, not forgetting McLean! Any two from those six is a good combination and shows what strength we have in depth. Bootiful. 

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Sorensen has impressed everywhere he has been asked to play and when Quintilla is fit, it would be wrong that Sorensen is dropped imo. He has shown enough that he is an integral part of the team now and if Quintilla comes back in, then space would be needed to is fit Sorensen in midfield.  Skipp and Sorensen should be a good combination and when Rupp is fit, it means we have a good option from the bench.  Vrancic is in there too of course and Tettey a great back up to have, not forgetting McLean! Any two from those six is a good combination and shows what strength we have in depth. Bootiful. 

It's a good dilemma to have. I wouldn't want to see a player out of position for too long, but he's done well there. At the same time, he clearly looks like he's got a pile of potential in the middle of the park.

I'd be up for Sorensen replacing Skipp for a couple with Rupp alongside him. That's not remotely a criticism of Skipp, who has been solid this season, but just an acceptance that he's a young player who's having his first season of being considered a first-team regular. He can use a breather now and again. Not to mention the fact that Skipp's a loan player so we might not be able to get him again.

Edited by TheGunnShow

Tettey has stated this will be his last season.

if LB option had not opened up seriously question we would have seen Sorensen without the injury crisis we had solid options at DM.  Sorensen has proved to be remarkably flexible in defence FB and CB and now in midfield cameo.  Exceptional scouting to locate both Jacob and Placheta for bargain transfer fees. 

I prefer Sorensen to Quintilla at left back because of his defensive ability. 

Quintilla is good going forward, but we have looked better with Sorensen. 

Just now, curious yellow said:

I prefer Sorensen to Quintilla at left back because of his defensive ability. 

Quintilla is good going forward, but we have looked better with Sorensen. 

Would be interesting to put Sorenson in a back 3 with hanley and gibson and have quintilla and aarons as wing backs

37 minutes ago, overthebordercanary said:

Would be interesting to put Sorenson in a back 3 with hanley and gibson and have quintilla and aarons as wing backs

Not convinced about Xavi's defending & he's not that quick, but he does put in an excellent cross. I reckon Placheta's got the tools to make an excellent wing back. Him & Max would scare the bejesus out of opponents having the hubris to commit players to attack us!

We're congested in that area now, but I suspect come the summer we will not be:

Tettey: Retired or, hopefully, convinced to do one more year to make it an even 10 and retire as a PL player!

McLean: To Rangers.

Skipp: Hopefully loaned to here for another year.

Vrancic: Gone elsewhere.

Sorensen: Here.

Rupp: Here.

Sorensen + Skipp (🤞) + Rupp + New signing would feel pretty good to me. I think our bigger problems are in the CAM role as Stiepermann just isn't up for it and Dowell is unknown. Cantwell perhaps?

On 07/12/2020 at 10:05, sonyc said:

On 07/12/2020 at 08:47, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

nb: should add that there was an excellent moment in the Wednesday game where we created an overload and Sorensen broke into the box. The options weren’t perfect and he chose an excellent option to shoot, taking  responsibility in that situation when many don’t (even though the angle is tightish, you are not actually far out of goal). An excellent sign of his mentality. 

Good point Parma. I felt the same...he showed he had the belief  to try and it wasn't the worst shot either (on target and with power!). At other times we may well have tried our usual walk in approach. 

Thought of you @sonyc.....😊

Parma

• Like 1