Enjoyed his performance today, always influential, sometimes not quite there with the quality final ball, but never gives up, always willing and as the game progressed his crosses got better.

• Like 4

In the last 3 or 4 games he has put a number of good crosses into the box. We just need to get someone on the end of them. 

• Like 1

I think his final ball is actually OK. His problem is that Pukki has next to zero arial threat and most Championship teams are playing with five at the back. 

There is a player there though. Once he gets properly settled, has a bit of time on the training pitch and bags a couple of goals, I think he'll be awesome. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, horsefly said:

In the last 3 or 4 games he has put a number of good crosses into the box. We just need to get someone on the end of them. 

Hugill ,when he returns ?😷

First half he was our main attacking threat. He's an oddball for us as he actually gets the ball into the box whereas the rest tend to fanny around a bit. He looks stronger now and is very difficult to get the ball off without conceding a freekick. 

Faded a bit second half and looks as though he may have picked up an injury - hopefully not.

6 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Jordan Rhodes would absolutely feast on Placheta's crosses...... 😉 

Exactly my thoughts.

Especially the near post ones.

Lots to like about Placheta - he's clearly a young player who sees this as his chance and has a very good attitude on the pitch, as his workrate off the ball when we're not in possession is also pleasing - he's willing to work hard to get back and help out, then break from deep and charge into spaces. In terms of attitude I think he's the next Srbeny, but with far more upside and a far better chance of cracking it.

Definitely one of the most interesting young prospects we have. My concern would be what kind of variety can he find, and how prone to hamstring injuries is he? Particularly with those extreme speedsters, a few hamstring injuries can quickly rob them of that precious express yard of pace.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Lots to like about Placheta - he's clearly a young player who sees this as his chance and has a very good attitude on the pitch, as his workrate off the ball when we're not in possession is also pleasing - he's willing to work hard to get back and help out, then break from deep and charge into spaces. In terms of attitude I think he's the next Srbeny, but with far more upside and a far better chance of cracking it.

Definitely one of the most interesting young prospects we have. My concern would be what kind of variety can he find, and how prone to hamstring injuries is he? Particularly with those extreme speedsters, a few hamstring injuries can quickly rob them of that precious express yard of pace.

A good player will learn to adapt. Giggs managed it for years after his pace went. (Not comparing them as players).

3 hours ago, not a clue said:

Funny how Jordan Rhodes is so popular here, but not at Wednesday...

I have to say, I was really surprised that they didn't bring Rhodes on at 2-1. They started the game with a 5-4-1, took off the lone striker at 1-0 to bring on a defender, and then the two changes at 2-1 were more-or-less like-for-like without a recognised striker brought on. 

For me he's steadily improving game by game, beginning to learn to make the right runs and when to do so. 

Will continue to be a work in progress but the potential is there, that's for sure. 

He works hard both on and off the ball which is unusual for a flair winger but obviously important in a Farke team.

Decision making will improve as he develops but he has raw pace and actually, not a bad cross on him.

He was our liveliest attacking player for most the game yesterday - I was relieved he was on the pitch. Also played well as the left wing back after the changes. Although he has no final ball - he give 100% so appreciate the effort.

Placheta has come on for just a few minutes in the last couple of games and caused quite a bit of mayhem in the opposition defences. Created chances and shots on goal. Very promising signs.

On 06/12/2020 at 05:29, Six Pack said:

. Although he has no final ball

A bit harsh. Oh, its you.  Snap judgements a speciality.  

33 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Placheta has come on for just a few minutes in the last couple of games and caused quite a bit of mayhem in the opposition defences. Created chances and shots on goal. Very promising signs.

He's absolutely ideal to come on in games where we are defending a lead and the opposition will leave space in behind for him to exploit. Sure, the final ball and decision making still needs work, but it'll come with time and exposure. I think he'll actually be a better weapon in the PL, where we'll be more likely to spend more time on the back foot against high defensive lines.

31 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

He's absolutely ideal to come on in games where we are defending a lead and the opposition will leave space in behind for him to exploit. Sure, the final ball and decision making still needs work, but it'll come with time and exposure. I think he'll actually be a better weapon in the PL, where we'll be more likely to spend more time on the back foot against high defensive lines.

Just having his pace and his ability to get in behind is enough to make teams think and not risk leaving them exposed to the ball over the top.

Don't know how true it is, but the commentary team last night said that according to "the stats" he'd be the 5th fastest player in the Premiership (this season)

43 minutes ago, kirku said:

Don't know how true it is, but the commentary team last night said that according to "the stats" he'd be the 5th fastest player in the Premiership (this season)

I'd be surprised he's that low.

3 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

I'd be surprised he's that low.

There are so many ways to slice it and it very much depends on the in-game situation

On 21/01/2021 at 16:07, wcorkcanary said:

I read somewhere  that he was the 11th fastest pro footballer in Europe. 

Doubt it, a commentator said that if he were in the Premier League he'd be the 5th fastest winger in that league.

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Doubt it, a commentator said that if he were in the Premier League he'd be the 5th fastest winger in that league.

That's stats for you , dont know who to believe.  Also depends on distance, but who cares, at least he shouldnt be late for  his shift at Next.  😉😇👌🏻👍