Sign in to follow this  
chocolate nutter

Halford not joining us then????????.

Exactly what I  was thinking, congratulations to all those who urged us to sign him at the start of the season. Think we would have got him for about £400,000 then so it was a good call by you lot who heavily recommended him.

Mark .Y.

I''ve just seen his peachy cross for the third goal, we''re definitely not going to sign him as we can''t be having anyone on the right with the ability to put a decent ball in

Why would Halford want to come to us?

He''s playing for the team he came through the ranks with, he''s got a 5th round FA cup tie to look forward too and most importantly if he stays put he will be in the same league as us next year anyway. While were at colchester sign up Neil Danns, good young attacking midfielder who scores goals ( 2today)

Doubtfull i would say , who would want to leave a team looking good for promotion in the 5th round of the Fa cup to come to Norwich . The way things are going Norwich and Ipswich''s long reign as the best clubs in the region may well be coming to an end.

if he was on the right he''s need his height to jump over the goat thats been grazing on that land for about 5 years now.

he said today he is looking forward to the 5th round draw and wants to play against Stephen Gerrard should liverpool Triumph tommorow....

he wont sign for us....

jas :)

[quote user="DumbleDelia is Magic"]Doesn''t mean he won''t join next week[/quote]

Doesn''t DD, I agree, what it does do though is just tips the odds that little bit further against us. Colchester will have TV money from yesterday and the prospect of a money spinning draw in the next round. If we were in their position we would be screaming at our board not to let him go unless it was to a Prem club for really big money.

We can hope however that a deal has already been struck and that he was allowed to stay for the game yesterday.

Mark .Y.

I think that if the price was right he would definately come here:

a) Colchester, compared to Norwich are a very small club with a very small ground. They may not see the amount of money we could offer very often
b) Halford would want to play for a bigger club with a big stadium and loads of great fans.
c) We can offer much better wages etc for Greg
d) Colchester may go up this season but they are unlikely to get further than the championship, Norwich- with signings like Halford- could.

As stated earlier by another, why would he want to come here? He is playing in a well organised, attacking team that could win promotion and have a good cup run.  Its a shame that the city board wont put a bid in for most of the squad and the manager as well!

Having seen my team fail so miserably this season I hope that Colchester supporters and their Manager get to keep their entire squad together for their cup run and promotion push. Why deny them that? Isn''t this what football is all about?

They have earned the right to have a go, they haven''t bought success and we don''t deserve to take it from them.

When they eventually decide to cash in on their assets I do hope we are at the front of the queue.

ROSSI 46 wrote

if he was on the right he''s need his height to jump over the goat thats been grazing on that land for about 5 years now

Sorry to repeat this Rossi but the image of a tethered goat quietly cropping the synthetic mix in front of the City Stand during a match just keeps popping into my head and making me smile.

Great line!