Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Sheff. Wed*****

Who gives a **** about the polish? Main thing is, we won. This was the typical Pulis stodgy cluster**** and we showed a ton of guts and grit to keep moving them around, tire them out, and eventually get the win. A real shot of confidence coming off that one, I reckon.

Hopefully this is the game that puts it to bed that Vrancic is a deep-lying playmaker, not a number 10. Need someone else up there, but Vrancic definitely has a role against those that sit deep.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

Interesting to see that many others are beginning to see the light and are coming round to my way of thinking.

😁😁🙃😁

• Like 2

I'm not one for too much swearing but F***ing Hell. That was unconvincing until the last 10 minutes. Farke changed the whole thing in his substitutions. Plus he kept Super Mario on.

I'm coming round to thinking again we can improve yet. What a win. That means so much. 

Now to produce a performance against Hughton and show him how an attacking team works 🤭

13 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Christ you really don't watch the games do you. 

You can expect Martin to do that for 70 minutes. 

You can ask stipermann to link up for 70 minutes. 

The mentally challenged on this forum are pathetic. 

Calm down lad... Martin came on and clearly made a difference. Can fault Stiepermann for effort today but he was off the pace and stalling our attacks on the edge of the area.

I moaned that we need to switch it up, we did and we won.

Anyway, we can enjoy our weekend now, cheers! 🍻

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

No surprise here. They have won 24 and drawn 16 out of 57 games at Carrow Road. Our home performances and results won’t get us promoted and might been a struggle for the play off places.

That went well 🙂🙂

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, pete said:

First win coming from behind in living memory, good though

Your memory must be short Pete, we were losing 1-0 to Rotherham in October!

• Haha 2

No (Big) Keef tonight then😅👍

Edited by sonyc

2 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Your memory must be short Pete, we were losing 1-0 to Rotherham in October!

Do we need to call him tadpole? 

19 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Think this is saying why Vrancic is not a number 10 - he's a deep-lying playmaker.

He's a CM, but we play with DM and AM. So that sort of role, that perhaps Howson played in the past isn't really in our shape at the moment. Not sure Vrancic has the legs to be a box to box midfielder so I suspect he'd play best if he was allowed to be slightly more advanced of Skipp but then we'd lose the defensive cover we need.

39 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

Interesting to see that many others are beginning to see the light and are coming round to my way of thinking.

This aged well

**** off binner

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Lovely win that, we went from 2nd to 6th to top. It's all looking very close at the top end this season, usually someone would have started to pull away a bit by now! Lets hope we can keep it going during our injury crisis.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

I don't disagree with your message but can you, you know, be less of a d1ck about it? Please?

Ignore him @Jerrykerry, the moanathon on this thread entitles you 😉

Tough one to know when to use Vrancic, clearly doesn't have the all round game required to play every game centre mid or the movement needed at 10 but my word what a left foot he has! Made the difference today eventually when we finally had someone on the pitch making the right runs for him.

Amazing to think we are sat top with an injury crisis and haven't really got out of 2nd gear yet.

Once all those players are back in the fold we could absolutely fly through this league

Don't think we'll see Vrancic again before Xmas.  His hammy's gone.  Shame.  It'll be Tettey alongside Skipp, Martin or Cantwell in for Steiperman. 

Hoping Vrancic has cramp rather than a pull.

Classic Championship match. Sheff Weds played really well for 80 minutes, and two moments of class needed to unlock them but as soon as we went to 3 at the back and overloaded the wings we had space to use. Great tactical shift by Farke which completely outmanoeuvred Pulis.

To still be top with this injury list and with McGovern in goal is miraculous.

Just now, Canary Wundaboy said:

I see this aged well?

What point are you making, that Martin should have started? Clearly he made his impact as a sub and Placheta was our main threat for 80 minutes so I would say Farke's call at the start was the right one wouldn't you?

Play badly and win... Get promoted.

MOTM? Vrancic.. two great assists and one magnificent challenge. 

Quite emotional seeing the Farke celebrations at the end.

9 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Don't think we'll see Vrancic again before Xmas.  His hammy's gone.  Shame.  It'll be Tettey alongside Skipp, Martin or Cantwell in for Steiperman. 

Pretty sure that was cramp.

1 hour ago, Making Plans said:

Thank you for your many years of (dis)service, MP. But I'm afraid we're going to have to let you go. 

• Haha 3