Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Sheff. Wed*****

1 hour ago, Hardhouse44 said:

What! they have had all the good chances. You're mistaking being able to defend and counter with parking the bus! Been tactical out played

Just curious, why do you stop posting when we are winning? You were very active up until we scored.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Hardhouse44 said:

Not suprised. We are so fcuking predictable 

Shame you couldn’t predict a Norwich win then, isn’t it? Back in your hole until the next defeat 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Samwam27 said:

Good grief, a sub making an impact. If only Farke would use them!

Errr.........

11 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Just curious, why do you stop posting when we are winning? You were very active up until we scored.

Perhaps his Mum calls him in for his tea and an early bedtime before 5 o'clock 🤭

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

How the f*ck did we turn this round ?

By making the correct substitutions at the correct moments. Well done Farke! 👍

• Like 1

Good stuff! Great comeback chaps. Nice to see Martin making an impact, good lad. 

1 hour ago, chicken said:

Do we need to call him tadpole? 

Probably not in case he grows into a frog. There’s only room for one frog on this board.

51 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

What point are you making, that Martin should have started? Clearly he made his impact as a sub and Placheta was our main threat for 80 minutes so I would say Farke's call at the start was the right one wouldn't you?

Not really, just that the post didn’t age well because Martin scored! Played the post, not the poster!

Small shout out to Mickey McGovern today... could do nothing for the goal but looked a fair bit more comfortable today with what he did.

I'm still not convinced by him but credit where its due, we could do a fair bit worse for a back up

• Like 1

Just now, Tetteys Jig said:

Small shout out to Mickey McGovern today... could do nothing for the goal but looked a fair bit more comfortable today with what he did.

I'm still not convinced by him but credit where its due, we could do a fair bit worse for a back up

Yeah, I'm going to echo that. I've been critical of him recently as he has looked very shaky, and there were times when I was concerned when he had the ball at his feet, but he didn't look like giving it away today and looked assured with his handling too. He wasn't involved that much, but I thought he had a good game today.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Making Plans said:

Interesting to see that many others are beginning to see the light and are coming round to my way of thinking.

🤔

Just watching City on  EFL on Quest and 'Big Sam' reckoned Sheff Wed had a good shout for 2 penalties.....Well he would say that, wouldn't he.....?

Hello

I know I'm always last to post but I like to think about the thread so here goes.

I am not going to have a go at the negative posts but Norwich won again. I wish you wouldn't be so personally abusive. Nor do I think that the short term reaction to going a goal behind means the end of the game.

Farke policy it seems to me is to look at the whole intense season and use his big squad to tire out the opposition both in individual games and over the season. As to substitutes the main ones are neither better nor worse than many of the 11 but coming on fresh when the opposition has been on the field for 80 minutes might just be better than if they had been on the field for 20 minutes by coming on after 60?

Then there is vrancic. It's pretty clear given the packed defences for home games he has a position in front of skipp when it is possible 2 dms are not needed. But otherwise what a talented substitute .

So there we are just the 30 games to go and only 1 point short of 2 per game. All the injured 1 game nearer to a return.

Do reread the Gunn show post.

And finally compare and contrast farke and pulis. Covid has denied us enjoying football for 9 months. Pulis has denied millions of us enjoying football his entire career

Goodbye.

8 hours ago, Besthorpe-48 said:

Hello

I know I'm always last to post but I like to think about the thread so here goes.

I am not going to have a go at the negative posts but Norwich won again. I wish you wouldn't be so personally abusive. Nor do I think that the short term reaction to going a goal behind means the end of the game.

Farke policy it seems to me is to look at the whole intense season and use his big squad to tire out the opposition both in individual games and over the season. As to substitutes the main ones are neither better nor worse than many of the 11 but coming on fresh when the opposition has been on the field for 80 minutes might just be better than if they had been on the field for 20 minutes by coming on after 60?

Then there is vrancic. It's pretty clear given the packed defences for home games he has a position in front of skipp when it is possible 2 dms are not needed. But otherwise what a talented substitute .

So there we are just the 30 games to go and only 1 point short of 2 per game. All the injured 1 game nearer to a return.

Do reread the Gunn show post.

And finally compare and contrast farke and pulis. Covid has denied us enjoying football for 9 months. Pulis has denied millions of us enjoying football his entire career

Goodbye.

Erm, if we all waited 2 days until after the match had finished to post, it'd be a pretty stale messageboard (but we'd all look smarter, hey? 🙂 ). Of course the emotions, throughout a match are going to change, especially when you are 1-0 down to then win 2-1 (see my 18 minutes post as one example). That is just the nature of football threads (no matter how official they are 😉 ). 

Funny enough, you are not the only one to think that we have a big squad to do the job you claim, but we all know about the monumental injury crisis.

I haven't seen anyone disagreeing with your Pulis comment, so was it to remind us all of Farke's ability compared with Pulis? Again. no one is hailing Pulis over Farke. Pulis did a job on us for 80 minutes , but a game lasts for 90 plus, so that worked out well

See you on Friday 👍

13 minutes ago, Besthorpe-48 said:

Hello 

Only Monday and you make some very fair points. I will try and get involved on Wednesday and see how I get on.

Goodbye

Nothing if  not metronomic! “You can set you watch by Besthorpe” just subtract 48 hours 👍🏼

On 05/12/2020 at 17:42, hogesar said:

Funny isn’t it, you think he’d be like ‘thank god!’ when we get an equaliser and then winner, but no, unlike the rest of us, he suddenly disappears. He’s a binner.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Funny isn’t it, you think he’d be like ‘thank god!’ when we get an equaliser and then winner, but no, unlike the rest of us, he suddenly disappears. He’s a binner.

And going by his moniker , he has a disastrous taste in music, is anything more tedious than Hard House?.....the music that is, im sure the poster is a right good laugh.