BroadstairsR

Knocked from off our perch.

People must have been blind if they didn't see that DF got it wrong Wednesday. Our attempt at total football was smashed with their outstanding first goal. And DF didn't react. 

Today is the next chance to get it right. Lets hope he does. I expect the Owls to be better than Coventry or Luton and Bannan will need stifling when in possession.

But we have to pick up the pace after Wednesday's very slow paced performance. As against Brizzle, get into them early instead of sitting back on possession.

Keep the ball and push them back. I'd be concerned about Stiepermann's workload as he's struggled badly up top in the last two in a position that's not his.

I dont get this 'missed opportunity' as if we had a great chance to take 6 points from the two games. We literally had half a team for both. I thought we done well to get a point from Coventry and would have been happy with a point against Luton. 

We still need several more players back before we can even influence things from the bench effectively (because unlike some i don't see value in throwing on young players just because, if throwing on any young player allowed you to see out games every club would have a bench full of their u23s to save buying any players that don't make the starting 11).

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, Indy said:

Still a long way to go, but we haven’t blown anyone away this season, we’ve made things hard for ourselves, winning games last few minutes.

With all due respect, you could easily be describing large parts of the season from 2 years ago when we the league. We won so many points late on. 

I won't be at all surprised if we were to lose today. The second half of Stoke was not convincing after Emi was sent off. We panicked. It was perhaps understandable. Coventry's performance was a step down. The first 15 minutes of Luton was about trying to regain confidence (passing and keeping possession). The injuries have derailed this part of the season. Farke has had his hands tied with realistic options. 

We don't look a top two team. We have only rarely looked the part in moments of games. We play decent stuff. I hope the top 6 is realistic. But it will help, in my view (& I'm an optimist when it comes to us) if a few folk reconsider their over confidence of being a top 2 team. The dye is cast at this stage of the season. It shows a good marker of who will be up there.

Yet....Things can always change. We are second at the moment, something quite amazing. And I don't under estimate Daniel Farke. He is very determined. If we do lose a few games though in the coming month then we ought not over react. These injuries have come at a time when consolidation could have been made.

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

Same applies to every game, but we all react differently to minor setbacks.  When the going gets tough ..  let's whine .

What are you back for more Moycol?

Play with the other children there's a good boy.

44 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I can't believe we have been knocked off the top by Bournemouth as i am sure i read on here that their fire sale of players would soon have them plummeting like a stone down the leagues to their rightful position for such a small club who had been punching above their weight in the Premier League. 😛

Years of continued success is still flowing through their bloodstream.

8 minutes ago, jaywick_canery said:

What are you back for more Moycol?

Play with the other children there's a good boy.

Miles off target again kid. You're as bad at this as Waveney .  Keep trying   , it will give your life purpose.   

7 minutes ago, jaywick_canery said:

I was referring to mental age....

Yes, I've  clearly lost  the battle of intellects.  

Give my regards to Paxman next time you are on Universally Challenged.

4 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Have to take your opportunities when they arise. Despite the injuries we could and should have beaten Cov if Farke knew how to use the bench and Luton if we had a decent back up keeper. Still in a decent place but it’s frustrating to let the opportunity to pull away slip. we could be 7th or 8th if we lose today which is possible given who we will have in goal. 

If we had Man City's squad and money we could walk this league. 

Utterly unbelievable that READING are now top and have pushed us even further down the league. The atmosphere at Carrow Road today could be poisonous ... it may take smashing 4-0 win to save Frake’s job. 

17 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Utterly unbelievable that READING are now top and have pushed us even further down the league. The atmosphere at Carrow Road today could be poisonous ... it may take smashing 4-0 win to save Frake’s job. 

They've not won yet! Come on you yellows, three points against those peskey Northerners please to keep them in the basement area.  Luton have a tough one today at Swansea, I'd be delighted to get a point but am far from confident we'll get that so it's important you yellows win.

We're right in the mix and we've not even got out of 3rd gear yet with an injury ravaged team. It's there for the taking. Barnsley were dire last night.

4 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

I’m not concerned. It’s just frustrating we haven’t been able to take the chance to pull away. It is what it is but it was an opportunity and we’ve not taken it. 

But it’s the same for every team - Bournemouth had a loss and a draw the same as us before last nights game so their fans could now be saying the same thing - if only we had won those two games we could be 6 points clear now but football ain’t like that and never will be otherwise Sky Bet would owe me a lot of money now 

49 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Looks like we're back on that perch again.....................

Edge of the seat stuff today - once our injuries sort themselves out we’ll be flying!

If only we could perform like Coventry. Although we managed to salvage a win, if we we play like that many more times we’ll struggle to get even the 2,000 who turned up today. Buendia needs to understand we pay Vrancic to take the free kicks and Buendia to make the passes Vrancic had to for Martin and Aaron’s, else we’ll have to ship him out to some dodgy Spanish League side.