Sign in to follow this  
Cymru Canary

3 Million for Earnshaw/ Why not Koumas as well??

Reports from the welsh Newspapers today.

If we are to go 3million for Earnie why not do the deal and get Koumas as well???

Given the choice between Earnshaw and Jerome who would you go with?

With Earnie we would still lack physicality up front, although he and thorne have played together, and apart from hucks who would provide???

Thats the reason we need to Sign Koumas or a similar creator.

http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/0600soccer/0200news/tm_objectid=16635343&method=full&siteid=50082&headline=sullivan-s-blast-at-city-as-earnie-eyes-move-to-norwich-name_page.html

Earnshaw will score goals as easily as falling off a log, IF you can get the others to provide the chances. He is NOT a conventional forward who ''holds up the ball well but never gets a shot in'', he is a goal scorer, pure and simple. Don''t expect him to ''chase back'' etc., either, but get him into space near goal and he''s devestating. Just remember, Jimmy Greaves wouldn''t  have got into the Baggies team, he wouldn''t have run himself silly first!

Now Koumas is a play-maker of the very highest calibre but doesn''t take kindly to criticism. He can win matches on his own if you tell him he''s a genius. Has the ability to be in the top ten or so of Europe but a bit brittle. Now, Koumas and Earnshaw together??  Wow, with the right management team!

I haver been a Baggy for 62 years and have seen all of them over the years. These two didn''t get a fair chance. They could get you into the playoffs easily.  Get Nigel to splash the cash.

i think worthy would be scared of koumas because i dont think he could control him, and he would know that he couldnt leave him out of the team like he tends to because of his match winning qualities.earnshaw or jerome would play off him brilliantly.

Apparently the club are being put off paying £3 million for Earnshaw. It seems we were willing to charge silly money for our players but throw our toys out of the pram when clubs do it back to us! If Ashton is worth £7.25 million then Earnshaw has to be worth £3 million! I''m hoping the board are negotiating and this is just a move to try and push the price down but I''m not so sure!!!

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"]Apparently the club are being put off paying £3 million for Earnshaw. It seems we were willing to charge silly money for our players but throw our toys out of the pram when clubs do it back to us! If Ashton is worth £7.25 million then Earnshaw has to be worth £3 million! I''m hoping the board are negotiating and this is just a move to try and push the price down but I''m not so sure!!![/quote]

Could not agree more. We seem to know what type and quality of player is required, and I am sure the powers that be do also.

I do not know if worthy could handle Koumas, do not think he is a motivator and Koumas loves a pat on the back by all accounts.

The pairing of  Earnie and Thorne could be good, but where oh where will they get any service apart from the boot of Hucks.

Tell you what we will ask Cardiff for Dave Jones to replace Worthy and to bring Koumas and Jerome along for good measure. If only!!!!