Sign in to follow this  
eeyore

Sheffield W & Nottingham F Games

I’m very surprised tickets are still available to purchase for both games ?

Are people wary of catching COVID-19 or is £30 putting people off?.

I'm confused. My season ticket has already been paid for. Are they really charging £30 on top of what's already been paid? 

Both games on ifollow.....Snuggly warm surroundings, comfy chair, tinnies or a mug o' tea/coffee, cookies, snacks and a wee wee when you want and no queue....Until life hopefully returns to some kind of normality I'll continue to watch the games in comfort.....

I most certainly do miss the whole matchday experience, strolling down to the ground coupled with the social gathering before and after the games with my chums.....The Pub, Club and kebab....and whatever else the night throws up.....

I'm currently multi-tasking watching the Foxes on my tv and Spurs on my smartphone.....hard life....hard life..... 

30 minutes ago, Petriix said:

I'm confused. My season ticket has already been paid for. Are they really charging £30 on top of what's already been paid? 

Your season ticket is for next season now, hence the charge for attending matches this season.

• Like 1

Why would I want to pay £30 when I can watch it on iFollow for a tenner?

But should I really pay £30 so the club can sign more players?

I think a lot of regular supporters won't be returning after Covid having had to break the habit of a lifetime by missing their Saturday afternoon(?) ritual. Others may surely take their place but I fear these won't have the same staying power as the old'uns.

The club should be very concerned about the slow take up of these tickets.

40 minutes ago, Petriix said:

Keep up

5 minutes ago, jaywick_canery said:

I think a lot of regular supporters won't be returning after Covid having had to break the habit of a lifetime by missing their Saturday afternoon(?) ritual. Others may surely take their place but I fear these won't have the same staying power as the old'uns.

The club should be very concerned about the slow take up of these tickets.

But the season ticket holders are getting ifollow for free this season. Next season, they'd have to pay £10 per game for that and 3pm Saturday kickoffs aren't available, if I'm not mistaken.

Well I'll carry on ifollowing the home and midweek away games....I'll see what the situation is at the end of the season.....If folk want to go in the stadium and watch it in the flesh, crack on.....

It should have been free. Charging £30 for an experience which is not a complete one is just ludicrous. The Club seem to make these kinds of basic errors quite regularly; hopefully they'll put it right for the next batch of games.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

But the season ticket holders are getting ifollow for free this season. Next season, they'd have to pay £10 per game for that and 3pm Saturday kickoffs aren't available, if I'm not mistaken.

You're right of course but I think the 'spell has been broken' for many who never miss a game and have found sitting in the warm is a preferred method of following the team. Stands won't empty but things will never be as they were for some.

3 minutes ago, jaywick_canery said:

You're right of course but I think the 'spell has been broken' for many who never miss a game and have found sitting in the warm is a preferred method of following the team. Stands won't empty but things will never be as they were for some.

But they won't be able follow the team by watching the game, which is a huge difference. 

We'll see.

11 minutes ago, jaywick_canery said:

You are correct that ‘spell has been broken’ I don’t enjoy watching on tv so it’s not a substitute. Unless we are in PL I think the days of 22K season tickets sold are a in the past

30 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

It should have been free. Charging £30 for an experience which is not a complete one is just ludicrous. The Club seem to make these kinds of basic errors quite regularly; hopefully they'll put it right for the next batch of games.

Why should it be free? If the club are making this mistake, so are every club that are admitting fans. 

Count yourself lucky you don't support Chelsea (or was it Arsenal?), they're charging £72

38 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Yet the general feeling from a similar thread on here was that £30 was fair, and in fact some felt it was a privilege to be allowed back in the ground and watch the team. I wonder how many of those have made the effort to buy a ticket now that they are available? Put your money where your mouth is.

Pretty sad that City can't sell 2000 tickets. The pricing shouldn't come into it. 

16 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Yet the general feeling from a similar thread on here was that £30 was fair, and in fact some felt it was a privilege to be allowed back in the ground and watch the team. I wonder how many of those have made the effort to buy a ticket now that they are available? Put your money where your mouth is.

Pretty sad that City can't sell 2000 tickets. The pricing shouldn't come into it. 

I have and am looking forward to being back at carrow rd

19 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Is it? I’d argue that come match day if we have near enough 2k that’s the tickets priced perfectly 

Tickets went on sale to members this morning and still tonight the 2,000 have not been shifted so from tomorrow morning season ticket holders who have already purchased can buy further tickets.

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

I doubt it is the pricing. We always sell more casual tickets than that in normal circumstances at similar or higher prices.

I imagine its something to do with a global pandemic.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I doubt it is the pricing. We always sell more casual tickets than that in normal circumstances at similar or higher prices.

I imagine its something to do with a global pandemic.

I just hope those criticising ST holders for moaning about the cost have bought their tickets is the point I'm making. It seems many haven't.

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I just hope those criticising ST holders for moaning about the cost have bought their tickets is the point I'm making. It seems many haven't.

I'm sure they'll sell all 2000 before the game. I'm a ST holder but as I work from home etc im typically the emergency contact for getting stuff to my grandparents etc who don't feel safe to go out themselves too often. For that reason I'll avoid attending the football for now - not because of the cost.

• Like 1

I'm a ST holder plus two kids tickets. When I'm already forking out for next year's ticket, and we're 3 weeks before Xmas, yeah the cash is an issue. Especially as we can watch at home.

I'd imagine a large proportion of older fans are playing it safe with regards to the virus.

Lots of people have been surviving on 80% of their normal wages. And vast numbers are having hours cut and losing jobs.

I'm not in the slightest bit surprised they haven't sold. They will sell, but the market has shrunk considerably.

I would have snapped up a ticket if I didn't live 150 miles away, but without the ability to visit family whilst in Norfolk it's not justifiable to do a 300 mile round trip and leave Mrs J (also a season ticket holder) with the kids all day. 

It's a real shame we're not at home on Boxing Day, I'm just clinging onto a little bit of hope that both Norfolk and Buckinghamshire are downgraded to Tier 1 on the 16th December so we can then do a Rule of 6 overnight stay to make it to the Barnsley game on New Year's day. 

2 hours ago, MrFruit said:

You are correct that ‘spell has been broken’ I don’t enjoy watching on tv so it’s not a substitute. Unless we are in PL I think the days of 22K season tickets sold are a in the past

It's the PL that has made football more suitable for the tv audience than the actual supporters in the ground. Last season horrendous for a football supporter  in the ground. VAR sucked out the last remaining advantages a team can get from its supporters in the stadium. Of course it's a great cliffhanger for the tv spectators. And these spectators will be served better from their armchairs. If I was to give up my season ticket it would be in the PL because trying to support the team from the stands has become nigh on impossible.

So I'm looking forward to be back supporting our team on Saturday in the South Stand. And I hope the vast majority there are supporters and not the coaches or commentators or spectators waiting to be entertained. What I fear though is football supporters are now an endangered species.

• Like 2

City have a large percentage of “ elderly “ supporters who are generally **** scared at the moment. Add on another chunk of supporters with elderly parents, then add on the thought of sitting in an empty stadium for 90 minutes before the game with no refreshments on a bitterly cold day and you end up with barely a sell out. Have the vaccine and things will change for the better.

4 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Why would I want to pay £30 when I can watch it on iFollow for a tenner?

But should I really pay £30 so the club can sign more players?

Wait for a decent stream link. 

8 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

City have a large percentage of “ elderly “ supporters who are generally **** scared at the moment. Add on another chunk of supporters with elderly parents, then add on the thought of sitting in an empty stadium for 90 minutes before the game with no refreshments on a bitterly cold day and you end up with barely a sell out. Have the vaccine and things will change for the better.

Where do you get the no refreshments from, my email says no cash on the day so bring a card to purchase  refreshments