Sign in to follow this  
The Duke of Norfolk

Why is eveyone having a go at Pete for not renewing....

Why is everyone having a go at Pete for not renewing his season ticket?

Alot of you are calling fans, such as Pete, who are not willing to renew their season tickets untill there is a change of management at the club disloyal and glory hunters.

But do we know what the financial circumstances or Pete and the other people who don''t renew their season tickets are like?

The footie at CR this season has been poor. Both in entertainment and results. Now if you have a wife and two kids to feed, your not on that great a wage and it costs you the best part of £600- £700 to renew season tickets for yourself and your two boys surely you would have great doubts about renewing the season tickets.  I mean £600- £700 would pay for a nice holiday for your family. It could be the choice between taking your family on holiday or not.

I don''t think you should be so quick to criticise people who don''t want to renew their season tickets as we don''t know their circumstances.

At any rate i know where people such as Pete are coming from. Such is the level of anger and frustration i feel with our board  (yes, our board not Worthington)  i have toyed with the idea of not renewing and becoming a casual member.

You wouldn''t pay to go to the cinema if you knew the film was going to be rubbish.

Duke I#m not a season ticket holder was last season but saw the writing on the wall and felt give some others the dubiuos benefit of my season ticket.  Got Hat trick tickets though big nistake.

But thanks for the positive feedback, only negative from the areas I knew flak would come from.  Hoping there are many others who think along the same lines and the club if hit in the pocket have a managerial rethink.

Yep, your right Pete. The only way are board will get the message about their views on NW and the way the club is going is if there is a drop in season ticket renewals.

By the way, did the club flog season tickets for alot cheaper once in the summer around the time Hamilton was in charge because demand for them was so low?

[quote user="pete"]

Duke I#m not a season ticket holder was last season but saw the writing on the wall and felt give some others the dubiuos benefit of my season ticket.  Got Hat trick tickets though big nistake.

But thanks for the positive feedback, only negative from the areas I knew flak would come from.  Hoping there are many others who think along the same lines and the club if hit in the pocket have a managerial rethink.

[/quote]

What winds me up Pete is not what your doing, it''s how you''re doing it.

You have every right to cease supporting your club financially - it''s the basic consumer right. What narks me - incredibly much, to be quite honest - is that you then come here on your high horse and proclaim to the world your point of view like some morally righteous tart.

It''s exactly the same as when someone - offended by the opinions of the people on the board - makes a post announcing his departure, expecting a wave of "Please don''t go" type of messages. This board has seen it''s fair share of them, and each and every time has rightfully given it the scorn it deserves.

The only difference this time is a change in the medium you are threatening to leave.

Feel free to go; that''s your perogative. Just dont come here on your high horse looking for the praise you''ve unfortunatly been credited with.

[quote user="Andrew Nickerson"][quote user="pete"]

[/quote]

What winds me up Pete is not what your doing, it''s how you''re doing it.

You have every right to cease supporting your club financially - it''s the basic consumer right. What narks me - incredibly much, to be quite honest - is that you then come here on your high horse and proclaim to the world your point of view like some morally righteous tart.

It''s exactly the same as when someone - offended by the opinions of the people on the board - makes a post announcing his departure, expecting a wave of "Please don''t go" type of messages. This board has seen it''s fair share of them, and each and every time has rightfully given it the scorn it deserves.

The only difference this time is a change in the medium you are threatening to leave.

Feel free to go; that''s your perogative. Just dont come here on your high horse looking for the praise you''ve unfortunatly been credited with.

[/quote]i can''t see the harm in what pete has said he''ll do - he''s making a principled stand and voting with his feet.  if he''s brave enough to express himself then fair do''s  - its probably not a decision he''s taken lightly. what NCFC should be worried about, is if for every fan who publically says he/she''s off - how many will just go quietly?  the reality is we probably won''t have full gates next season.

[quote user="The Duke of Norfolk"]

Why is everyone having a go at Pete for not renewing his season ticket?

Alot of you are calling fans, such as Pete, who are not willing to renew their season tickets untill there is a change of management at the club disloyal and glory hunters.

But do we know what the financial circumstances or Pete and the other people who don''t renew their season tickets are like?

The footie at CR this season has been poor. Both in entertainment and results. Now if you have a wife and two kids to feed, your not on that great a wage and it costs you the best part of £600- £700 to renew season tickets for yourself and your two boys surely you would have great doubts about renewing the season tickets.  I mean £600- £700 would pay for a nice holiday for your family. It could be the choice between taking your family on holiday or not.

I don''t think you should be so quick to criticise people who don''t want to renew their season tickets as we don''t know their circumstances.

At any rate i know where people such as Pete are coming from. Such is the level of anger and frustration i feel with our board  (yes, our board not Worthington)  i have toyed with the idea of not renewing and becoming a casual member.

You wouldn''t pay to go to the cinema if you knew the film was going to be rubbish.

[/quote]

Thats a fair point. Sorry pete for seeing your post in poor light as it were.We are all entitled to our points of view I just hope worthy & co can change yours and others mind

regards

TY