Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

"Go out there in cyberland and not only is Gray en route"

A journalist seems to think that only youngsters on this site and other forum are the moaners and whiners.

Rick Waghorns latest "Offering" is a disgrace, I wonder which of the posters he actually is. How much time does he spend reading the articles?? he seems to have a firm grounding of posts. Norwich city have sold their best player and this is what we get from Rick!!!!! abysmal reporting. The "man in the stands" article is about as close to the bone as you can get for Norwich cities situation so we get rick whinging about the message boards.... A Disgrace

I for one am 30 and university educated not some hyped up 15 year old in mile cross. I care deeply for my club and it will be a cold day in hell when I accept so much money being spent creating a team devoid of quality and playing long ball football.

" I for one am 30 and university educated "

Oooh get her !

Assuming that you are, perhaps you might care to tell us why you feel the need to post on this subject twice, no one taken much notice of the first one ?

Or that any consideration for the " hyped up 15 year old in mile cross " who might not feel too pleased that their thoughts keep getting pushed down the list by your endless pontifications.

[quote user="MadDan"]" I for one am 30 and university educated " Oooh get her ! Assuming that you are, perhaps you might care to tell us why you feel the need to post on this subject twice, no one taken much notice of the first one ? Or that any consideration for the " hyped up 15 year old in mile cross " who might not feel too pleased that their thoughts keep getting pushed down the list by your endless pontifications.[/quote]

The usual offensive response from someone whom does not have a valid point to put across and never starts a post because he hasnt got anything to say....  Because he sees nothing wrong at carrow road - word to the wise mate, their is more discontent than you think, and hey its not my fault if this board spends 17 hours without the moderators putting posts on following a 12 hour nonmoderation the previous nite, so the post appears on the second page....  Its funny but last nite the reaction to Waghorns non story on message boards whilst there are real important issues to be discussed about carrow road was to put it mildly, interesting....  If in the most important week so far of the season thats all RW can come up with, maybe he should think about another line of work

Havent you posted about exactly the same thing earlier today?? Seeing as it got no replies I might as well help you out instead of having to write another.

Depends on your view of things, He is right to attack people that start criticizing the club based on total rumours. He is also right to find it funny that people hear the slightest rumour no matter how illogical or unfounded and take it as gospel. However I would have thought he would have better things to write about quite frankly. I dont really read any of the pink un columns, so dont know what he is like usually, but there are far more relevant articles he could have written given the current situation.

I can see what Waghorn is on about.  I may not agree with it, but he does have some points:

"Everyone is wholly entitled to have an opinion"

"And thats the beauty of the internet.  Everyone is there, able to freely express an opinion"

"Unless you are a 19-years old, wear five inch high heeled shoes and can totter into Mercy VIP lounge on a saturday night, theres not too many of you who will ever get up close and personal with a young NCFC footballer, so how do you know what they are thinking?"

Great journalism

Get over yourself, Anyone who posts up stuff about knowing what he says because he is ''university educated'' is deserving of having a pin pointed at his inflated balloon of pomposity.

Problems at Carrow Road ? There always have been problems at Carrow Road. Ever since I was a young lad stood at the front on the old South Stand in the early sixties there have been problems at Carrow Road so stop acting the drama queen.

As to your assertion that this is the most important week in the club''s season then might I suggest you stop posting up more threads on what Rick Waghorn wrote, therefore allowing those who wish to discuss this important week to have their threads kept on the first page (much is the explanation for my limited starting of new threads).

Finally if you think my responses are offensive perhaps you might consider how offensive your endless carping, doommongering and mischief making is to those who are not so anti the club.

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]A Disgrace

I for one am 30 and university educated not some hyped up 15 year old in mile cross..[/quote]Evidently you think your opinon has more validity because you went to university.I don''t.Get off your high horse, you could be Dr Paul Rankin for all I care, still doesn''t make you immune from talking nonsense.

[quote user="derwent"]

I can see what Waghorn is on about.  I may not agree with it, but he does have some points:

"Everyone is wholly entitled to have an opinion"

"And thats the beauty of the internet.  Everyone is there, able to freely express an opinion"

"Unless you are a 19-years old, wear five inch high heeled shoes and can totter into Mercy VIP lounge on a saturday night, theres not too many of you who will ever get up close and personal with a young NCFC footballer, so how do you know what they are thinking?"

Great journalism

[/quote]

Yeah but why this week - he obviously has no opinion on the ashton transfer, the 3rd home defeat on the trot, or the transfer window closing in 2 working days??

The article would have been good in two weeks time (unless worthy is sacked then)

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Paul Rankin"]A Disgrace I for one am 30 and university educated not some hyped up 15 year old in mile cross..[/quote]

Evidently you think your opinon has more validity because you went to university.
I don''t.
Get off your high horse, you could be Dr Paul Rankin for all I care, still doesn''t make you immune from talking nonsense.
[/quote]

More validity - not bloody likely mate - RW was making a comment about ''Youngsters'' on these boards, I for one beleive most people on this board are of all ages.

And dont get so offended, if I had been a 55 year old plummer I would have used that instead, i was just making a point...

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Paul Rankin"]A Disgrace I for one am 30 and university educated not some hyped up 15 year old in mile cross..[/quote]

Evidently you think your opinon has more validity because you went to university.
I don''t.
Get off your high horse, you could be Dr Paul Rankin for all I care, still doesn''t make you immune from talking nonsense.
[/quote]

More validity - not bloody likely mate - RW was making a comment about ''Youngsters'' on these boards, I for one beleive most people on this board are of all ages.

And dont get so offended, if I had been a 55 year old plummer I would have used that instead, i was just making a point...

[/quote]

Paul, first we get your posts on how you are a better manager than NW, now its your a better journalist than RW, well I''m pleased you''ve put you University education to good use I wouldn''t like to see you end up as a ''55 year old plummer'' or plumber as we uneducated types like to call them.

I think your main problem with the quote is that you believed the rumour about Andy Gray signing and now you feel a fool.

"I think your main problem with the quote is that you believed the rumour about Andy Gray signing and now you feel a fool."

actually quite a lot of people beleive that worthy may be interested in him, in fact it was andy grays agent whom made up the rumours and came out with the comment originally if i remember correctly, he obviously thought worthy would be interested in him too, i wonder why?

cheers Squat/Waghorn/Dicky

Paul wrote "Yeah but why this week - he obviously has no opinion on the ashton

transfer, the 3rd home defeat on the trot, or the transfer window

closing in 2 working days??"There have been lots of articles on Ashton and the transfer window. The home defeat was dissected in Monday''s press. Allow Waghorn and the rest of us to talk about other matters - he''d be a worse journalist if he didn''t try to mix up the debate.

Rant,

I''ll have you know I was a Norfolk County Schoolboy in my time.

I notice you didn''t say you actually acheived anything at Uni, and that at a time when the good old taxpayer was funding you. What were you? I imagine you as a subversive permanent member of the student union.

What was your deegree? Drama? Media Studies? Marine Biology?

I bet you''re now a teacher getting rid of your frustrations, you probably teach Year 10''s in the Mile cross catchment area.

Whatever you do you have an awful lot of time on your hands for message posting.

[quote user="Fat Barman"]Paul wrote "Yeah but why this week - he obviously has no opinion on the ashton transfer, the 3rd home defeat on the trot, or the transfer window closing in 2 working days??"

There have been lots of articles on Ashton and the transfer window. The home defeat was dissected in Monday''s press. Allow Waghorn and the rest of us to talk about other matters - he''d be a worse journalist if he didn''t try to mix up the debate.
[/quote]

granted

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

Rant,

I''ll have you know I was a Norfolk County Schoolboy in my time.

I notice you didn''t say you actually acheived anything at Uni, and that at a time when the good old taxpayer was funding you. What were you? I imagine you as a subversive permanent member of the student union.

What was your deegree? Drama? Media Studies? Marine Biology?

I bet you''re now a teacher getting rid of your frustrations, you probably teach Year 10''s in the Mile cross catchment area.

Whatever you do you have an awful lot of time on your hands for message posting.

[/quote]

Rudolph i was thinking the same thing?

On our last 3 home defeats (painfull to talk about i know!!) when i walked past the main entrance i did not see Mr rankin or any of the other worthy outers prostesting. They all seem to do it on here?

15 year old here from Mile Cross (just about to take 15 GCSE''s, 3 AVCE''s, 2 special papers and Football Coaching exams)

The Mile Cross posse have ordered a hit out on Rankin to shut him up. Should allow for some interesting debate to happen, instead of the same old drivell day in day out.  

The mile cross what?

Anyway, there was one part of Rick''s article that did make me scratch my head. Undoubtedly it was a good read, and certainly interesting, but why does Rick all of a sudden think that the yellow and green internet tanks are parked on the front garden of carrow road this season? "Coming back closer to home, if this season has taught anyone anything it is that the internet tanks of the ''Yellow And Green Army'' are parked firmly on the doorstep of Carrow Road."

Could it quite possibly be because there is actually reason for it? That maybe fans aren''t happy that we''re mid table when realistically, we should have been looking at top six, pre season? That we''ve lost some good players over the summer and replaced the majority with untalented underperformers? That a top centre forward has left us, our only hope, quote Mr Worthington, of gaining promotion - would you want to stay here? Look at us, we''re crap, a lot of the fans have had enough, the manager that hasn''t got the best transfer record in the world has more money to splash about than any manager is ever likely to have at this club, that he is in the majority shareholders back pocket, and we''re going no-where. Unless a miracle takes place, a bloody big miracle.

But to be honest, who is happy? The players can''t be, surely the board can''t be, well, for that I hope. I wouldn''t believe a fan that came up to me and said they were happy with Norwich City FC at this moment in time. It''s a shambles.

I think the internet has brought one positive thing, even if there are many negatives, opinion. As Rick rightly says, where would we be in this situation 20 years ago? We''d just have to sit on it and hope for the best. At least people can share their own opinion and write about it, even if it does open the door for a lot of rumours and jargon.

" They all seem to do it on here? "

Our Paul is not always on here. He was (as as posted) trawling around other boards last night and this morning scouring the forums of another City forum. Sadly for him, the slanderous stuff from the latter was quickly taken down by one of the moderators.

Still at least he will have a few thousand football fans in agreement with his views at the next home game.