Sign in to follow this  
Bucks

So lucky to have Farke and the stewardship of Webber

Just reading through the unbelievable post-match interview between Lambert and the local press following their game at Oxford and wondering how such a situation has been allowed to develop.

It is inconceivable to imagine Farke so at odds with supporters and for that behaviour to be supported by the owners of the club.

Fans are of course, always entitled to share opinions, based on their historical expectations, but the degree to which the tail is wagging the dog at Portman Road, certainly makes me feel very lucky to enjoy the security, professionalism and common-sense provided  by Webber and his team.

If Marcus Evans does bow to the supporter pressure, brought about by the journalistic equivalent of the school magazine, it would surely set a precedent,  the like of which, has never been seen at such a high profile club.

Either way, I rejoice at the stability, enthusiasm  and commitment brought to our club, by a very special German and a highly perceptive Englishman. 

Edited by Bucks
  • Like 4

Funny old world; Farke is still behind Lambert in the best ever Norwich manager stakes.

But yes we're fortunate to have picked up a coach with as much quality and long may it continue.

15 minutes ago, bringbackchippy said:

Special German!

You having a laugh, he's average at best. No plan B let alone plan A!

Well that's ten seconds of my life I'll never get back.

9 hours ago, bringbackchippy said:

Special German!

Hey, our racist chum from down under is back! 

12 hours ago, bringbackchippy said:

Special German!

Is it because he's German and not English?

Also, the phrase would typically be "No plan A, let alone a plan B". Your way round isn't really logical

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Is it because he's German and not English?

Also, the phrase would typically be "No plan A, let alone a plan B". Your way round isn't really logical

Be kind, English may not be his first language 🤗

• Haha 1

On 02/12/2020 at 02:45, Bucks said:

Just reading through the unbelievable post-match interview between Lambert and the local press following their game at Oxford and wondering how such a situation has been allowed to develop.

It is inconceivable to imagine Farke so at odds with supporters and for that behaviour to be supported by the owners of the club.

Fans are of course, always entitled to share opinions, based on their historical expectations, but the degree to which the tail is wagging the dog at Portman Road, certainly makes me feel very lucky to enjoy the security, professionalism and common-sense provided  by Webber and his team.

If Marcus Evans does bow to the supporter pressure, brought about by the journalistic equivalent of the school magazine, it would surely set a precedent,  the like of which, has never been seen at such a high profile club.

Either way, I rejoice at the stability, enthusiasm  and commitment brought to our club, by a very special German and a highly perceptive Englishman. 

I think Ipswich is a prime example of why people running a football shouldn't always listen to supporters.  I'm not saying they shouldn't ever listen but Ipswich do kind of prove the saying "careful what you wish for".  They were convinced McCarthy was the problem at their club when it seems he was the glue holding together a club on the decline.

In terms of Farke and Webber, so far they've done well.  I may not like how they went about having a go at the Premier League. To some extent I feel Farke was sent to a gunfight with a water pistol but I do accept that the long term financial stability was at the forefront of their thinking.

In terms of having a manager whose style is in harmony with the concept the club are trying to develop, Farke's a superb fit, and a really good call by Webber. Can anyone else remember a manager so willing to let promising youngsters have a fair crack of the whip, and do it so well that they profit so handsomely in such short periods of time?

Not to mention that when we have our best teams out we do play some really nice football and get well entertained, that sense of entertainment (and dare I say it, pride) enhanced by the fact so many are from our academy.

Farke and his team have some weaknesses, but the absence of a plan B is not really one of them. If anything, his biggest weakness may be in managing player load and always seeming to have a big injury list, which makes implementation of a plan B much more difficult.

I think the op should add that as well as being grateful for our excellent management team, we should also be grateful for Delia and MWJ which in combination with Webber and Farke see us as a complete and total contrast to Lambert and Evans down the road.  The way they are going down there, their club will alienate its fans so much that many won't return until Lambert and Evans have gone.  I'm not one to gloat over another club's demise, I actually think it's a bit sad to see a football club and it's fans being ruined, but you can't deny they look to be slowly disintegrating as a club and won't improve on and off the pitch until both Evans and Lambert leave.

• Like 1

I agree with your last sentence there LDC, a slow disintegration it certainly appears to be. Like an old banana or orange in a fruit bowl? What other metaphors? Maybe a rusting stand just about sums it up.

I'm not sure that they have reached a nadir yet either. It's just people now are noticing the rot.

To be successful I firmly believe you have to have that unity between fans, owners/board, team and manager...and not ignoring the local community. And that is what we have experienced for the last 3 years. 

On 03/12/2020 at 20:20, bringbackchippy said:

Special German!

HA HA HA HA HA HA

99A7BED4-39B6-4D41-BAAB-DB29F5F145FE.jpeg