East Rider

The return of fans at FCR

Does anyone not see this as anything other than great news for our chances this season?

It is clear a full house at CR has often given the team an extra push when required and I suspect fans there this season would have helped change a couple of results positively. Last gasp winners are a mix of endeavour and fervent support and we are masters at this.

Of all the clubs in this league we may be one of the big beneficiaries in this phased return of supporters. 

It was said last night  by the commentator on the Bournemouth stream that Luton will have some fans in for tonight's fixture.

I don't suppose that this will have any effect upon the outcome of the game, but it will give our boys a taster of what will be a novel situation.

Carrow Road with just 2, 000 spectators will be nearly as weird as an empty stadium, may be moreso.  

Edited by BroadstairsR

31 minutes ago, dafaf said:

I don't suppose that this will have any effect upon the outcome of the game

Not sure about that. 2,000 people in a small stadium like that can make a lot of noise. It certainly won't do Luton any harm. But Emi is back so we should be OK. 

42 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Not sure about that. 2,000 people in a small stadium like that can make a lot of noise. It certainly won't do Luton any harm. But Emi is back so we should be OK. 

Read somewhere that It’s a test event at Kenilworth Rd with a crowd of 1000.

Still 1000 fans in there is about the same as 3000 at our place

6 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Read somewhere that It’s a test event at Kenilworth Rd with a crowd of 1000.

Still 1000 fans in there is about the same as 3000 at our place

Their presence certainly helped push them along.

Edited by East Rider

Well I hope the 2000 that are there take the lesson from Luton and realise that even at low numbers fans can still pressure the officials/opposition and change games. Be loud, be intimidating, be biased and help us get back on track.

I think the fact that the Luton fans were spread around the ground made it a different atmosphere to what it would have been had they have all been in the same stand (if that is possible with social distancing at their ground).

One thing it did do was influence that idiot (and that’s being very kind 😉) of a referee into making some shocking decisions.

9 hours ago, Mr.Carrow said:

Well I hope the 2000 that are there take the lesson from Luton and realise that even at low numbers fans can still pressure the officials/opposition and change games. Be loud, be intimidating, be biased and help us get back on track.

I think you're right. Not having the pressure of fans for such a long time has probably made referees ease off, so for at least the first few games of having a partisan crowd, albeit a small one, baying for your blood might have more influence than it normally would. Until they readjust and start to dust it off.

I'm not sure you can blame the referee for last night, particularly as he let Hanley's "save" slip, but some of his decisions were absolutely atrocious. It was never in a million years a freekick in the build up to their first goal and their penalty was a joke. Both calls came after a loud claim from the wobbly stands.