Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

Debenhams

22 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Ah. I hadn't realised this was a new feature of the forum, but very much to be welcomed - posters vying  with one another to do a worse cockney accent/impersonation than **** van ****'s. Hard to split the contributions so far.

Why would the moderators censor Denise and Outen?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Why would the moderators censor Denise and Outen?

I thought it was Ricky and Wolfswinkel 

21 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

I thought it was Ricky and Wolfswinkel 

And I was confused thinking I was back reading the Coronavirus thread and it was Vincent Van Tan😐

On 01/12/2020 at 12:51, keelansgrandad said:

Harrods has a bigger annual turnover than the UK fishing industry.

No, it hasn't...

Pure conjecture yet again from a Lefty 🤥 

On 02/12/2020 at 11:03, sonyc said:

In terms of architectural vandalism no city probably beats Bradford in willful modernisation! Probably worthy here of little more than passing interest but here is just one building lost. Lamented by JB Priestley. The 60s buildings that replaced it was demolished a couple of years ago as well as dozens of other concrete monoliths that barely lasted 50 years.

Halifax, on the other hand has preserved it's arcades (and Piece Hall) if anyone has ever visited.

IMG_20201202_105756.jpg

Speaking of Victorian ironwork, Bolton's Market Hall is a nice place to nurse a coffee if you're on the top sales floor.

4 hours ago, Jools said:

No, it hasn't...

How about listening to people that know what they are talking about.

5 hours ago, Jools said:

No, it hasn't...

Fact from a Lefty.

You cannot admit it can you. They are stumbling and ruining peoples futures over a declining industry.

How many people eat fish caught in this country?

Very few.

1 hour ago, Herman said:

How about listening to people that know what they are talking about.

So where do you want to take this argument? I'll give you a starting point, Herminge -- If the fishing industry is such a small issue, wtf are the EU, notably the French, making it a huge issue?

Of course this has been debated to death in the old EU Brexit thread and likely this one -- I can't be bothered to look, such is my boredom of repeated and previously quashed Remainiac opinions on the subject.

Now I've finally got you reading Guido, go to the comments section there -- You might learn something 👍

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

How many people eat fish caught in this country?

How many people eat fish caught in this country in other countries?

If you can get your old Lefty brain around the obvious answer to that simple question, you might work out that catching fish in our waters and selling it to other countries would be mightily profitable.

If you can't get your old Lefty brain around that fact, it's because a) You're thick b) You don't want to because you're a Lefty screwball who refuses to believe in facts that are detrimental to your Lefty agenda.

Before you reply I'll go with a main course of b) with a hefty side order of a) 😀

Edited by Jools

3 hours ago, Jools said:

How many people eat fish caught in this country in other countries?

If you can get your old Lefty brain around the obvious answer to that simple question, you might work out that catching fish in our waters and selling it to other countries would be mightily profitable.

If you can't get your old Lefty brain around that fact, it's because a) You're thick b) You don't want to because you're a Lefty screwball who refuses to believe in facts that are detrimental to your Lefty agenda.

Before you reply I'll go with a main course of b) with a hefty side order of a) 😀

Oh dear! We can safely assume you didn't add the school prize for economics to your long list of "record" school "achievements"

I think Jool's thinks that because his fish fingers come from Grimsby they are English fish.

Then again didn't Grimsby want to be free port or similar so they could still process all those SM fish ? 

Far too much ill informed rubbish spoken by the Brexiteers on fish and fishing.

40 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

I think Jool's thinks that because his fish fingers come from Grimsby they are English fish.

Then again didn't Grimsby want to be free port or similar so they could still process all those SM fish ? 

Far too much ill informed rubbish spoken by the Brexiteers on fish and fishing.

From Debenhams to fish!

Revealed: the millionaires hoarding UK fishing rights - Unearthed https://unearthed.greenpeace.org/2018/10/11/fishing-quota-uk-defra-michael-gove/#:~:text=More than a quarter of,of the UK's fishing quota.

And I posted this maybe 6 months ago... very interesting historical context (long article)

Privatising the seas: how the UK turned fishing rights into a commodity - https://unearthed.greenpeace.org/2019/03/07/fishing-brexit-uk-fleetwood/

Edited by sonyc

Back on the Debenhams front. It's Brand i.e. name has been bought by Boohoo an online only company because it's achievements, it's franchising network built through over 2 centuries of trade is worth money, but the staff are not.

Circle of life. You grow strong, bulid up a vast empire, but become bloated then something new chips away at you until you collapse and they take the best of whats left. The truth hurts.