Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Grealish

He’s a filthy cheat and flavour of the month.

He’ll end up smoking crack and putting it on Instagram or something, it’s inevitable.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

He’s a filthy cheat and flavour of the month.

He’ll end up smoking crack and putting it on Instagram or something, it’s inevitable.

Stop sitting on the fence for God's sake. Just say what you think 😊

It’ll be all “ohhh I’m a troubled footballing genius, oohhh the pressures of it all lead me to the drink and the drugs and the animals ohhh how awful. If you think about it it’s societies fault, not mine”

3 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

It’ll be all “ohhh I’m a troubled footballing genius, oohhh the pressures of it all lead me to the drink and the drugs and the animals ohhh how awful. If you think about it it’s societies fault, not mine”

Yeah think most would agree that while there is no doubt he a very talented player on the pitch.. He also happens to be a complete idiot off the pitch

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Maybe he goes down so much because the opposition foul him so often?

It’s the slightest touch and he’s down. It’s nothing new though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hard to see any way out of that other than Grealish being a massive cheat.

Although he does go down like he's been shot, if you see the other angle of that replay you'd see quite clearly that Fornals actually swipes a boot out at Grealish and catches his knee. Here's a video which shows both angles. Fornals clearly kicks out at Grealish.

In no way am I suggesting that the way he's gone down was acceptable, nor do I disagree that Grealish absolutely loves a dive - just saying in this case there is SOME contact, and actually by the letter of the law such a kick from Fornals could be argued as a straight red - it looks like he's lashed out a bit to me there. 

He actually did a much worse dive in the first half on the left side, he cut infront of Coufal (?) and was already on his way down before Coufal had bumped into the back of him! 

1 minute ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Although he does go down like he's been shot, if you see the other angle of that replay you'd see quite clearly that Fornals actually swipes a boot out at Grealish and catches his knee. Here's a video which shows both angles. Fornals clearly kicks out at Grealish.

It's the holding the wrong leg that gets me. What a kn0b.

Grealish is a great player but between the diving, the lockdown drink driving etc he is a Grade A ****.

50 minutes ago, kick it off said:

It's the holding the wrong leg that gets me. What a kn0b.

Grealish is a great player but between the diving, the lockdown drink driving etc he is a Grade A ****.

Lol I didn't see that, good spot. Don't disagree with that.

I never previously liked him but that did soften somewhat during that Villa win at Birmingham a few seasons back, when he took a punch to the head from a supporter, got on with it and then scored the winner.

Makes you wonder where that toughness has gone...

They should send him off for simulation - a few red cards might cure him. Decent player, but he is nowhere near as good as he thinks he is. 

• Like 1

There seems to be an acceptance for players to be encouraged to go down in the modern game. 

The other disappointing element is for a ‘good yellow’ card where foul play prevents an opportunity. ‘Taking one for the team’ etc. 

I don’t see either as being healthy in the context of the sport. 

Edited by Bucks

10 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Maybe he goes down so much because the opposition foul him so often?

That's true, but he does also cheat repeatedly. See the link above of the ridiculous dive.

However, generally he is fouled alot. He buys them, but that doesn't mean they're not fouls. 

I wish Buendia was shown a similar level of protection that he's afforded though.

7 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Makes you wonder where that toughness has gone...

Watching players develop can be brilliant to see, but the opposite is also true - it is sad to see players develop in bad ways. The path is a difficult one with young players being subject to so much attention, money  and hype, but those that do rise above those negative influences get extra kudos. Players should never stop learning, but some do seem to peak and then lose their way before they have really achieved the best they could have been. 

Watching a talented player dive around or fall about and think that is the way to be is one of the worst things - it's a waste. Why is Messi so great?  Because he is totally honest and doesn't dive and there is nothing better than seeing a player trying to stay on their feet at all costs, riding tackles and only going down when they are genuinely pushed/tripped.  Young players should learn from that rather than follow the generic "he was touched so entitled to go down" rubbish that is spouted by so many people.

Perhaps it is down to intelligence, but more likely it is down to them listening to the wrong people, or believing in their own hype. I love watching our own players develop well and hope to see the likes of the Murphys, Maddison, Lewis, Godfrey, Aarons, Cantwell and Emi develop into fantastic players and not resort to childish stuff like Grealish. Hopefully he will grow out of it, but then he doesn't seem that intelligent with his choices, so maybe his career will not be the glittering one it could have been.

This is the classic 'we'd love him if he played for us' sort of topic.

Maddison wasn't averse to hitting the deck, neither is Todd or Emi. Holt would go down like he'd been shot if he thought he might get a penalty.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, king canary said:

This is the classic 'we'd love him if he played for us' sort of topic.

Maddison wasn't averse to hitting the deck, neither is Todd or Emi. Holt would go down like he'd been shot if he thought he might get a penalty.

Hanley always goes down with his back to the attacker, clever play I say. Grealish, we'd love him here wouldn't we? 

1 minute ago, daisy said:

Hanley always goes down with his back to the attacker, clever play I say. Grealish, we'd love him here wouldn't we? 

Grealish and Cantwell would be as thick as thieves no doubt about it

Grealish is a very good player who gets fouled a lot; he goes down to give the ref a decision because earlier in his career when he didn't go down he wouldn't get those free kicks. Now he does. Yes, he's been coached to do it. It isn't his fault, it's the inept officials. As KIO says, Holty would go down like he'd been shot when he was fouled - it makes the ref decide what's happened and sometimes it goes for you. As long as you are actually fouled it isn't cheating.

If Emi could perfect the Grealish fall when he gets fouled he would win lots more free kicks.

Personally happy he doesn't play for us and don't really want players who can't sort themselves out to play the beautifiul game without spoiling it with diving and other antics. I don't like our players diving....Holt was different though, he took a lot of physical stick but gave it out too so he is forgiven for his misdemeanours 🙂

Aarons, when interviewed about the penalty award he had, said learning to go down was something in his game he and the club are  working on. I find that a bit sad - but then everyone else does it.  Doesn't make it right, but it would be good if we had managers/clubs who prohited players from diving and told them to stay on their feet. I honestly think that if all players in a squad are told to cut out gamesmanship, trying to get soft penalties and the like, then like Brian Clough's teams, you would see a more pure form of football from that squad.  In the cynical world of professional football, it would be like a breath of fresh air.  If you are old enough, think Brian Clough style football as opposed to Don Revie football. It could still be done.

• Like 1