FootballFanInPeace

Football Fan In Peace...

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

> ā€œCousinsā€

Ohhhhhh.... are they married? I honestly haven't watched their channel for a few years, its for people younger than me. But when I did watch it, Jack had a girlfriend?

Poor scum, sh1te club with no future to look forward to. Still, when fans return they can runĀ weekly showings of the Pathe news reels of their glorious history.

I'm reluctant to sign it, but not because it's Ipswich.

An issue I have personally is the ease in which people are calling themselves or others "journalists". It's becoming an increasingly valueless term because of the number of people purporting to be one when they're not. Politicians with a column in a paper, for example. Or someone that appears as a host on a radio show.

To me, neither make you a journalist. And in this instance, I would have more questions, such as did the said fan site remove the post as soon as they became aware of it? Also, they'd have to take action against the site and it's representatives. There are rules in place for professional journalists and they should apply to the person in charge of a fan site too.

In reality, if you are journalist and making money you can pay to become a member of the Press Members Association which is an officially recognised Union and would make it harder for a club to do this to an officially recognised journalist.

I hope that any of our own fan-journo's like the Reeve's who no doubt make some level of income from their social media platforms, consider doing the same so they are protected. However, I'm pretty confident those two in particular have a good understanding of the rules etc.Ā 

Ā 

Edited by chicken
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Hang on... they are brothers?Ā 

Jack Reeve, and the Chris fella? Who I've only just realised has the same surname.

Those two are brothers and not just mates?

My mind has just been blown, I'd never sussed thatĀ šŸ¤£

Thanks to all who have replied - positively and negatively. The signatures are appreciated. It's not an us and them thing, it's a football thing, but each to their own.

The essay post was also appreciated! Not sure it was completely necessary - I was only asking, no obligation. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ Touched a nerve perhaps... Entertaining nonetheless!

In the spirit of good fun.Ā ā¬†ļø "Two people in Norfolk found to be related in shock revelation!" šŸ˜‚

"In the spirit of good fun.Ā "Two people in Norfolk found to be related in shock revelation!"Ā šŸ˜‚

"Football fan in peace" eh? Showing some true juvenile TWTD colours there then?

I'll show some true juvenile PinkUn colours in retort ... **** OFF!

You seem obsessed with this trivial matter. You seem to beĀ posting your outrage at every opportunity and everywhere.

Petition for this? My a-se!

You called it denying true football fans a voice whilst ignoring the fact thatĀ Ham had failed miserably in his obligations, ie. those implied when running such a forum as TWTD.

Some have even labelled it censorship. Censorship being an emotive and important matter has no relevance to a local 'journo' being banned from a 'presser'Ā  due to his own negligence and a bit of previous. The TWTD faithful will need to glean their vital information from all the others present at Lambert' s self-obsessed ramblings and they can still do this after all. Nothing is censored.

Quite frankly the only reason that this trifling example ofĀ trivia interests me is that it serves to emphasise the current state of malaise in whichĀ ITFC currently functions.

It's bl--dy funny as well.Ā 

• Like 1

I think what has happened stinks.

As a side issue, you have been able to join our site to ask for help. if we were in a similar situation we couldn't even join yours.

Over the years we have seen several Ipswich fans come on here and take the proverbial - and I don't really have a problem with that, it's what rival fans do. But how sad is it when you wont allow opposing fans on your site to engage in a bit of banter.

Ā 

Is it because you have now dropped so far that realistically there is no danger of you getting back for absolutely ages?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, FootballFanInPeace said:

Thanks to all who have replied - positively and negatively. The signatures are appreciated. It's not an us and them thing, it's a football thing, but each to their own.

The essay post was also appreciated! Not sure it was completely necessary - I was only asking, no obligation. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ Touched a nerve perhaps... Entertaining nonetheless!

In the spirit of good fun.Ā ā¬†ļø "Two people in Norfolk found to be related in shock revelation!" šŸ˜‚

Yeah, you kind of ruined all that magnanimity at the end. Perhaps go and look at some more pictures of the 1970s.....

There's been plenty of poking fun towards me on this post. I'd have thought you could take one little dig back in the spirit it was intended, but perhaps not. I shall leave you in peace. šŸ˜€Ā  All the best.

Dig?Ā  It was juvenile stupidity and if you needed any credence to your claim for support that just was not the way to go about it.

By aligning yourself with the lowest common denominator of TWTD you completely undermined the validity of any cause that you claim to represent.

I use the term 'cause' lightly. Get a life.

Ā 

Ā 

1 hour ago, FootballFanInPeace said:

Oh dear . All we need now is reference to Paul Mariner and the picture is complete.Ā 

Oh , by the way, that wasnā€™t in a spirit of good fun.Ā 

Mind the gap.Ā 

To be fair to 'Football fan in peace' I would have considered signing.

However, the reason I'm not, is that despite the obvious outrage at this person being banned, I see no demonstrations (I'm talking pre covid of course)Ā no organised marches onto the stadium or virtually any protest of any relevance against what is actually happening down there to the club by the support. So why the sudden outrage at this?

TVB has it right in the main. Your club support, Football fan in peace,' is unbelievably apathetic about the situation. It is devoid of any action against theĀ terminal state of decline you find your selves in and not a thing gets done. Apart from a few morons, who in the dead of night put a vinyl banner against some railingsĀ for a photo opportunity against the latest manager to takeĀ charge of the sinking ship, it appears everyone is happy with the situation.

Someone described your fans as 'weak, limp and pathetic' (may have been TVB again) and although it's been said before in jest, it is quite true in this regard. And that must be embarrassing.

Some of your lot decided to abuse the well respected Mick MaCarthy by refering to him as 'a paedophile' from behindĀ a barrier before he left. Utter cowards.

Pathetic orĀ cowardly efforts appear your style down there. God forbid you ever organise a proper demonstration with a few thousand turning up. Just send in a few idiots to abuse someone instead. Unbelievable.

I've decided not to sign.

Ā 

How desperate must the binner cause be that they come on here or all places for support

best that they are put out of their misery by evans and just close them downĀ 

Ā 

On the whole I think the rivalry thing is becoming more and more irrelevant, certainly over the last couple of years. The two clubs inhabit a different world. This spat about a journalist isn't about any grand ethics as far as I can see. It's a small world storm in a teacup. As such it is a symbol for what the club is at the moment.

I might look at TWTD perhaps a few times a year but that is to read any snippets about Norwich because what Ipswich are up to is irrelevant to me. Lambert makes for an interesting sideshow I have to admit because of his previous connections. Yet, it turns out he is a grade one tool, lacking in grace, selfish etc. Watching that Farke interview today shows the comparison of these two men very starkly.Ā 

Then an Ipswich fan makes a joke about Norfolk fans being related. Again, such a small joke, but it demonstrates such inferiority that it should be made ...and then in a faux jokey way.

Goodness me ...Ipswich are just an irrelevance. One day we may have a renewed rivalry but with Evans in charge, allegedly providing leadership and with Lambert, his choice as general in chief for another few years, it's going to be some time.

Edited by sonyc

27 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

But I might consider again if this phil bloke reinstates all the pink un posters he's previously banned...

Most of them were Waveney......

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, FootballFanInPeace said:

There's been plenty of poking fun towards me on this post.Ā 

I mean, to be fair, you are anĀ Ipswich fan freely posting on the main Norwich forum, asking us to sign a petition in support of a man who doesn't let Norwich fans post on the main Ipswich forum.

See how that looks?Ā 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Not signing it, I hate Ipswich and couldn't care less whether TWTD dies and Phil Ham has to get a proper job.

Your fans fully deserve your current misery after you started getting ideas above your station and forced Mick McCarthy out in favour of bringing in somebody tasked with playing like Barcelona on a Barnsley budget.

You've sat and watched for years as Marcus Evans cripples you with debt and allows Portman Road to crumble. Weak, limp, pathetic fans. Remember when we forced Robert Chase out? Weekly protests bordering on riots and eventually a brick through the window of a restaurant aimed at his head is what it took. Still you have people on TWTD defending Evans, and still I chuckle at your stupidity.Ā 

I'm half way through my life and yet don't think we'll ever meet you in the league again, there's no point in considering you rivals anymore. Southend, Cambridge, Colchester, that's who you share aĀ lane with now.Ā Oh, what was it... "mind the gap" that your fans said, when we were temporarily a league below you. More like "mind the valley" now isn't it. Remember all the chants about how rich you were? You meant how in debt you were didn't you?

Remember the countdown to Norwich relegation clock prior to us going down to League One? We love seeing you stuck there, and if Lambert is helping that happen then good on him.

Of course, he's always been a mercenary so if you throw a five year contract at him he's going to try all he can to get the sack for the giant lump sum, alienating the fans a great leap towards that. Suspect he sees this as his last big payday before retiring.

Ipswich on here calling in the favours? Give me a break, will take more than a trivial issue like this to dirty myself in such a way. I donated to several phoenix clubs over the years, Ipswich won't get a penny from me when your club reaches its inevitable financial ruin and your ground gets sold to Persimmon, I'll drive down to Portman Road to laugh at IpswichĀ fans crying outside the ground.

I hope somebody thinks to pay the St Johns Ambulance this time. But thanks for popping by.

Gotta be your best ever post on this forum. Anyway someone (waveney) can get this on TWTD for the lolz?

10 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Not signing it, I hate Ipswich and couldn't care less whether TWTD dies and Phil Ham has to get a proper job.

Your fans fully deserve your current misery after you started getting ideas above your station and forced Mick McCarthy out in favour of bringing in somebody tasked with playing like Barcelona on a Barnsley budget.

You've sat and watched for years as Marcus Evans cripples you with debt and allows Portman Road to crumble. Weak, limp, pathetic fans. Remember when we forced Robert Chase out? Weekly protests bordering on riots and eventually a brick through the window of a restaurant aimed at his head is what it took. Still you have people on TWTD defending Evans, and still I chuckle at your stupidity.Ā 

I'm half way through my life and yet don't think we'll ever meet you in the league again, there's no point in considering you rivals anymore. Southend, Cambridge, Colchester, that's who you share aĀ lane with now.Ā Oh, what was it... "mind the gap" that your fans said, when we were temporarily a league below you. More like "mind the valley" now isn't it. Remember all the chants about how rich you were? You meant how in debt you were didn't you?

Remember the countdown to Norwich relegation clock prior to us going down to League One? We love seeing you stuck there, and if Lambert is helping that happen then good on him.

Of course, he's always been a mercenary so if you throw a five year contract at him he's going to try all he can to get the sack for the giant lump sum, alienating the fans a great leap towards that. Suspect he sees this as his last big payday before retiring.

Ipswich on here calling in the favours? Give me a break, will take more than a trivial issue like this to dirty myself in such a way. I donated to several phoenix clubs over the years, Ipswich won't get a penny from me when your club reaches its inevitable financial ruin and your ground gets sold to Persimmon, I'll drive down to Portman Road to laugh at IpswichĀ fans crying outside the ground.

I hope somebody thinks to pay the St Johns Ambulance this time. But thanks for popping by.

This, with bells on.

Rumour has it, Phil was found poking around where he shouldn't have been. Found the information, told a mate who posted. That's why he's been banned. What a true fan!Ā 

12 minutes ago, Unthink road said:

Rumour has it, Phil was found poking around where he shouldn't have been. Found the information, told a mate who posted. That's why he's been banned. What a true fan!Ā 

Found in a bin by any chance?

13 minutes ago, East Rider said:

Found in a bin by any chance?

Probably when looking for a black and white TV, so Town look good on telly again.Ā 

• Like 1

On 29/11/2020 at 21:22, Thirsty Lizard said:

Signed - met Phil a long time back and he's a good bloke. Banning him is ridiculous.Ā 

I suspect most people can see both sides of theĀ argument.

Jobs and careers are at stakeĀ when leaked information potentially provides opponents with a match day advantage and TWTD itself provided the platform for that information to be seen. If those running it are unable to control its content, there is a strong argument for removing that threat going forward.Ā 
Ā 

The term ā€˜Journalistā€™ is always questionable when it comes to a ā€˜fanā€™Ā writingĀ about their own club, as theirĀ copyĀ tends to lack balance and a realistic viewpoint.Ā 
Ā 

Iā€™m unconvinced that hiding behind the factĀ he didnā€™t post the team newsĀ himself, is enough to exonerate anyone in this instance. The vehicle for the leak is TWTD itself and if its content cannot reflectĀ some degree of stewardship and professionalism I would certainly question its right to have access to classified information regarding the football club.Ā 

Message boards have their place in football, but there is arguably no place in the modern game for ā€˜play journalismā€™ given the speed at which rumours and tactics can become very useful public knowledge ahead of key games.Ā 
Ā 

Thank goodness we have a more robust set-up at FCR.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

On 30/11/2020 at 09:17, FenwayFrank said:

I once signed up to twtd, made two posts, neither were confrontational and made no indication of who I supported. Another poster then said ā€œ youā€™re one of them arenā€™t you ? ā€œ and I was promptly banned. Phil Ham can do one as far as Iā€™m concerned šŸ˜

To be fair they were correct though weren't they - you must have given some clue to make them realise that you were not an Ipswich fan?

You didn'tĀ spell correctly and write coherent sentences did you?

Ā 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, First Wazzock said:

I think what has happened stinks.

As a side issue, you have been able to join our site to ask for help. if we were in a similar situation we couldn't even join yours.

Over the years we have seen several Ipswich fans come on here and take the proverbial - and I don't really have a problem with that, it's what rival fans do. But how sad is it when you wont allow opposing fans on your site to engage in a bit of banter.

Ā 

Is it because you have now dropped so far that realistically there is no danger of you getting back for absolutely ages?

I've been on and they didnt spot me. And WACCOE.