Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Daniel Interview

What a man:

The last 10 minutes or so are particularly interesting regarding last season (though I found the whole interview fascinating).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for this Ron. I've watched the last 20 minutes or so for now and will give the rest a good listen tomorrow.

It just strikes me how different he is to many of our managers before. There is such warmth in him as well as passion, through the way he speaks. One of my all time favourites because he understands and loves Norwich City. So lucky to have him as the boss.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Kingston Yellow said:

Interviewed by a pair of absolute plums unfortunately.

Who would you have liked to have seen?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Bit late for live.

Sorry Nutty. Only just opened this and had looked at Ron Obvious' post first.

Great to see such a long feature rather than the usual snippets and clichés. Daniel Farke lives and loves Ncfc doesn't he. Obviously, we've been a very good fit for him and what he values in life.

• Like 2

Great to see an extended interview with the head coach. All interesting and plainly a lovely bloke too as well as a strong character and leader.

I thought the most interesting thing he spoke about was his "three stages" to do with players who lose their focus in some way. First he talks to them privately, then if that doesn't work he talks to them in front of the group and if that doesn't work he talks about it in public. There are two things about that - one is that if we hear about it from him then it is pretty serious and two - if they don't respond after the third stage they are as good as out of things altogether. 

So many adjectives you could put to his character - strong/tough/sensitive/loyal/caring/respectful/humble/grateful/single minded/down to earth/communicative - and plenty more you could think of. We are lucky to have him!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

It’s Alice Piper. Daughter of Kevin.

Used to present the weather forecast on Anglia TV back in the day but now with Sky Sports.

Ahh, I thought this was her first gig or something. She's like movie star good looking so it would have been weird that she wasn't spotted before now. Makes sense Sky snapped her up. Lovely lady who seems to have a gift for interviewing and presenting. 

• Like 1

Anyone know if it's on normal podcast platforms? Couldn't find it on Google Podcasts

2 hours ago, kirku said:

Anyone know if it's on normal podcast platforms? Couldn't find it on Google Podcasts

It's on Spotify

• Like 1

I'm just baffled that there's a 'Farke Out' club on here. Awesome coach

Edited by NFN FC

14 hours ago, Kingston Yellow said:

Interviewed by a pair of absolute plums unfortunately.

Bit harsh, it's an NCFC podcast, you're not going to get David Frost or Michael Parkinson. I think they did a decent enough job. I used to know Dan Wynne, decent bloke and phenomenal tennis player.

I thought Alice, who incidentally is Kevin Piper’s daughter and works for Sky Sports News, did a good job and showed a decent breadth of knowledge of NCFC’s recent history. 

Thought it was an excellent interview in general. Farke has such a decency and warmth to him, like the anti-Lambert!

8 minutes ago, Beefy is a legend said:

I thought Alice, who incidentally is Kevin Piper’s daughter and works for Sky Sports News, did a good job and showed a decent breadth of knowledge of NCFC’s recent history. 

Thought it was an excellent interview in general. Farke has such a decency and warmth to him, like the anti-Lambert!

She is also Jed Steers missus! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

It’s Alice Piper. Daughter of Kevin.

Used to present the weather forecast on Anglia TV back in the day but now with Sky Sports.

Jed Steers missus too. 

21 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

And Youtube

It's not useful on my phone as you have to have the video running. I prefer to use Spotify or similar as it can run in the background 

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Wow, didn't know that Daniel Farke's grandad played for Dortmund and won the league as joint top scorer! 

Footballing DNA

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franz_Farke

Translation -

The striker Farke began his career at Grün-Weiß Steinhausen from Büren in the Paderborn district. He played for the Green-Whites until 1950, before joining TSV Detmold. In the 1951/52 season Farke moved up to the first team and scored nine goals in 29 games. Nevertheless, the Detmold were bottom of the table and were relegated to the Landesliga Westfalen. [3] Farke then moved to Borussia Dortmund in what was then the first-class Oberliga West.

Farke had a successful 1952/53 season in Dortmund. In 21 games he scored 17 goals and was together with Alfred Niepieklo the top scorer of his team that won the championship of the Oberliga West. This qualified Dortmund for the final round of the German championship, where Farke scored the winning goal in the first game against VfB Stuttgart to make it 2-1. Nevertheless, the Borussia missed the entry into the final due to the poorer goal quotient compared to the Stuttgarters. [4]

For the 1953/54 season Farke moved to the Oberliga Nord for Eintracht Braunschweig. He played for two years for Eintracht and scored nine goals in 24 games. In 1955 Farke returned to the Ruhr area and joined SV Sodingen from Herne. [5] With the Sodingians he reached the semi-finals of the West German Cup in 1957, which was lost 3: 5 at Fortuna Düsseldorf. A year later, Farke rose with Sodingen from the Oberliga West and then managed direct promotion. For Sodingen he played 107 times and scored eight goals.

What a man. I cannot express how much what he says and his reasoning resonates with me and also how much I want him to stay with us for a (very) long period of time, even if he doesn't get us promoted. He can (and hopefully will) become a legend with us.

I want success, but he seems like a thoroughly decent (but still a bit tough) bloke, who gives a sh*t. I want that more than having a few years of success with a mercenary who will jump as soon as they can in charge.

My favourite manager or player ever.

Edited by All the Germans
  • Like 2