Difficult to say, but likely to be without Max.  Did wonder if we might rejig formation, what with having no ‘proper’ full backs.  

Something like this, if Rupp and Teemu are fit?

McGovern

Zimbo — Hanley — Gibson 

Rupp* - Skipp - Tettey - Sorensen 

Emi                          Placheta 

Teemu*

I suppose it partly depends if DF thinks any youngsters are up to starting. 

Edited by Branston Pickle

1 minute ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

So both of you have dropped youngster Josh Martin.

Need's a rest. Can come off the bench which would be nice to have a player that can and can change the game by doing so.

Much rather have Emi starting over him much as I rate him.

The Luton game is going to be tough, I reckon it depends on Rupps fitness, and if Tetty recovers enough in time.

My guess;

McGovern,

Rupp, Hanley, Gibson, Sorensen,

Skipp, Tetty,

Placheta, Buendia, Martin

Stiepermann

if Rupp is out, I reckon it will be Sorensen, Hanley, Zimbo, and Gibson across the back.  I would be surprised if DF switched the formation during this intense set of games.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

noooo.png

Presuming Pukki is not fit.

Peters won’t play, the only chance we will see of him, is if we are chasing the game in the last 7 minutes!

19 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

As long as Buendia starts we have a favourites chance on Wednesday. 

Can't see any way Buendia wouldn't start. He's had a rest, he's our most creative player, and Farke was extremely complimentary about his all-round performance before the slightly unfortunate red card.

I still think there's a chance Aarons might be okay for Wednesday; if it's just a gash, he might be okay with a couple of days' rest. An optimistic line-up would look something like:

McGovern
Aarons Hanley Gibson Sorensen
Rupp Skipp
Buendia Vrancic Placheta 
Stiepermann

This would give us Zimbo, Tettey and Martin to bring off the bench (as well as Omobamidele, McAlear, Omotoye and Dickson-Peters). Might even get a bonus 15 minutes from Pukki if we're lucky.

If Aarons, Rupp and Pukki are unavailable, I guess we're looking at something like:

McGovern
Hanley Zimbo Gibson
Placheta Tettey Skipp Sorensen
Buendia Martin
Stiepermann

McGovern

Hanley Zimbo Gibson

Rupp Skipp Vrancic Sorensen/Placheta 

Buendia          Martin

Dicky-Pete 

I couldn’t work out how many homegrown players we had in the matchday squad yesterday. If Max is missing, we’ll have one fewer which might have an implication somehow.

I would think likely Zimmermann Gibson Hanley, however the few minutes we have had them all together on the pitch we have not looked so good at the back. Maybe a back 4 with Rupp or Zimmermann as a full back option.

Gibson can play left back so

McGovern 

Soreness Hanley Zimmermann Gibson

Skipp Tettey

Martin Buendia Placheta

Otomoye

Solid and with goals there

Subs

Vrancic Stieperman Dickson-Peters Barden McAlear Rupp

3 minutes ago, canarycop said:

Gibson can play left back so

McGovern 

Soreness Hanley Zimmermann Gibson

Skipp Tettey

Martin Buendia Placheta

Otomoye

Solid and with goals there

Subs

Vrancic Stieperman Dickson-Peters Barden McAlear Rupp

I hope Soreness feels well enough to play.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Michael Wynless Jones said:

I just hope we don't go with all 3 CBs, in both games v Stoke and Coventry as soon as we did that we defensively went to pot, with none of the CBs seeming to know who they should be picking up. 

Absolutely this.

We have looked horrific at the back whenever we have gone three at the back.

McGovern

Hanley        Zimmermann     Gibson

Emi                           Tettey                              Sorenson

Skipp           Rupp

Martin

Otomoye

Stiepermann dropped simply because he can play several of those positions and he can come on for whoever is struggling to fit the system. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

It’s not really Farkes style to drop someone straight in but Nizet seems to be doing well at left back so could he come in and Sorensen play right back where he may be a bit more comfortable as he’s right footed? Or he may try Gibson on the left? 

Mcgovern

Sorensen Hanley Gibson Nizet

Tettey Skipp

Buendia Stiepermann Martin 

Pukki/Omotoye

Assuming Rupp and Pukki are fit:

McGovern; Sorensen, Hanley, Gibson, Nizet; Tettey, Skipp; Buendia, Stiepermann, Placheta; Omotoye.

If Rupp is fit then he could maybe cover right back and Sorensen could go back to the left, and obviously if Pukki is fully fit then he replaces Omotoye.

It would be a big risk to play two of the kids, but there's still a lot of experience to talk them through, you're putting players in their natural positions, it's a game we should win and if it isn't working then you can make changes. It also allows Sorensen to play on his preferred foot.

2 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

It’s not really Farkes style to drop someone straight in but Nizet seems to be doing well at left back so could he come in and Sorensen play right back where he may be a bit more comfortable as he’s right footed? Or he may try Gibson on the left? 

Mcgovern

Tettey Skipp

Pukki/Omotoye

Sounds like we read each other's minds!

4 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Mcgovern

Tettey Skipp

Pukki/Omotoye

I actually prefer this idea to my wing back formation, had second thoughts.

Need to make sure Skipp knows that Tettey is the clubs master anchorman though, and that he is expected to try and play that Rupp box-to-box role, don't need two defensive midfielders against Luton. 

Given much of Luton's threat will be crosses and set pieces, it might not be such a bad game to have 3 big centre halves.

7 hours ago, Newtopia said:

The Luton game is going to be tough, I reckon it depends on Rupps fitness, and if Tetty recovers enough in time.

My guess;

McGovern,

Rupp, Hanley, Gibson, Sorensen,

Skipp, Tetty,

Placheta, Buendia, Martin

Stiepermann

if Rupp is out, I reckon it will be Sorensen, Hanley, Zimbo, and Gibson across the back.  I would be surprised if DF switched the formation during this intense set of games.

If Rupp is available, that looks about right Newtopia, assuming Aarons can't start. Vrancic might feel a bit hard done by though, and he might just be the best chance of nicking a goal without the Goat around. We might see Pukki on for the last 20mins.

3 hours ago, Michael Wynless Jones said:

I just hope we don't go with all 3 CBs, in both games v Stoke and Coventry as soon as we did that we defensively went to pot, with none of the CBs seeming to know who they should be picking up. 

Agreed MWJ. Probably not the time for a drastic change of approach/formation from the start of a game. And risky to start all 3 centre-backs - things are paper thin as it is. Zimmermann, for me, isn't quite solid/consistent enough so far this season, although he hasn't really had a good run of games yet. Keep him in reserve. 

If all of Aarons, Rupp & Teemu are unfit to start, things look tricky. Unlikely that any of Nizet, Dickson-Peters or Omotoye will get the nod to start at this stage. McAlear came on at RB due to an injury. Would DF shoehorn him in at RB with Hanley, Tettey & Buendia keeping an eye out for him? Perhaps:

McGovern

McAlear     Hanley     Gibson     Sorensen

Tettey     Skipp

Buendia        Martin        Placheta

Stiepermann

Mario, Teemu, Zimm, Omotoye, Dickson-Peters, Nizet, Omobamidele, Hondermarck & Barden for options. Happy for Mario to start ahead of Martin or Placheta too if necessary. Need to keep Pukki in cotton wool for a little while.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

noooo.png

Presuming Pukki is not fit.

I used to play in the same team as The Kitman, trust me you would not want him anywhere on the pitch, great bloke but makes me look as quick as Usain Bolt and I am a 58 year old asthmatic with knees that were described by a doctor as being "****ed", we would be better off playing wit ten men..............

I’d go for the following:

McGovern

Rupp/Aarons, Hanley, Gibson, Sorensen

Tettey, Skipp

Shemi/Emi, Emi/Stiepermann Martin

Pukki/Stiepermann

Subs

Zimmermann

Shemi

Vrancic

two strikers

Nizet

Barden

Didn't Stiepermann play a bunch of games at left-back when he first joined us? Not particularly great there if I recall but he at least knows the role. Maybe drop him back there if Rupp/Aarons are unavailable and move Sorensen to RB? I think I'd be more comfortable with one of the youngsters up front than in defence if we had to go that route, although Nizet does look potentially very good. Or possibly stick Placheta up front just for his pure pace and see if he can cause the Luton defence some headaches?

McGovern

Sorensen       Hanley       Gibson      Stiepermann

Tettey           Skipp

Buendia             Vrancic               Martin

Placheta

Subs : Anyone still capable of standing upright for half an hour