£30 is only for the next two home games. After that we might be back in Tier 1 in which case 4000 can go. I would hike the price a bit more, say £35 for those.

We'll need more players in January so true supporters will have to stump up to make it happen.

2 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

Not really, try applying for one of the 2,000 tickets when you're not a season ticket holder and see how you get on.

My point was in relation to the pricing not the availability. 

4 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

The income from season ticket sales is worth several million a year to the club and by the way there is not a waiting list.

A poor attempt at fishing but of course you got the bite i expect you were looking for.

4 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

My season ticket at concession rate costs just under £15 a game but these games will be £20.

You're not a season ticket holder this season, though. Nobody is. Instead we now have a stadium with a capacity of 2,000 and a very different pricing model to suit and make it financially viable. You're also, unbelievably, not forced to go.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Don't understand this attitude. It's just putting a negative slant on things for the sake of it. 

bloody hell, twice I have agreed with LDC in one thread

• Like 1

3 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

If you're really going to argue that watching Sheffield Wednesday in a near empty Carrow Road, is not inferior to Man Utd in the 5th round of the FA Cup, then I think it's fair to say we should disengage, yes?

Given how our club has operated pretty much since Delia and Michael took over, you can almost guarantee they budgeted for worse case scenario. They've gone public before I believe to say that they base their finances on worse case scenarios, assume we will exit cups early etc, etc. I find it hard to believe that they expected any income whatsoever out of tickets this side of Christmas, therefore anything they can recoup will be seen as something of a bonus next to the financial forecasts. That being the case, I think it would have been good of the club to go low on the price, certainly lower then Man U in the FA Cup 5th round.

They'll sell out without question so it may make sense to do it at £30. Hell, they'd have been enough mugs at £40 or even £50 to sell 2,000, so to play devil's advocate, why do you think they didn't or shouldn't have done that? I suspect your answer will be for the same reasons I don't think £30 is particularly fair, we've just got different numerical perspectives.

Do you support Man Utd?

I dont care who the opposition is I go to support the Canaries, Did you moan all the way through the season when we were league 1

11 minutes ago, city4eva said:

Do you support Man Utd?

I dont care who the opposition is I go to support the Canaries, Did you moan all the way through the season when we were league 1

Were you even there whilst we were in League One?

8 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

£30 isn't actually the going rate. The average cost of the cheapest ticket in the Championship from 2018 was just over £20.00. As I previously mentioned, the cost for a guaranteed sell out again minnow Man Utd in the FA Cup when it would have been a Premier League team against a Premier League would have been £25.00 only a few months ago. So how can they think that it's now worth £30?

Can you confirm a source for that average cost please? I'd like to know if that is a comparison of casual tickets or averaged out over season tickets AND casual tickets.

I've not seen anything to suggest that average casual tickets are not around the £25-30 mark elsewhere. 

34 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Were you even there whilst we were in League One?

Oh yes  , didnt see your beloved Man Utd tho

1 minute ago, city4eva said:

Oh yes  , didnt see your beloved Man Utd tho

Were the preseason friendly tickets too expensive for you then?

8 minutes ago, chicken said:

Can you confirm a source for that average cost please? I'd like to know if that is a comparison of casual tickets or averaged out over season tickets AND casual tickets.

I've not seen anything to suggest that average casual tickets are not around the £25-30 mark elsewhere. 

I think it was a BBC article, let me see if I can find it....

....looks like it was from the start of the 2017/18 season rather than 2018, but here you go...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41485762

"The BBC's Price of Football 2017 study shows the average cheapest adult matchday ticket price is down from £22.11 to £20.58."

2 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

I think it was a BBC article, let me see if I can find it....

....looks like it was from the start of the 2017/18 season rather than 2018, but here you go...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41485762

"The BBC's Price of Football 2017 study shows the average cheapest adult matchday ticket price is down from £22.11 to £20.58."

Ok, that's the first I've seen but somewhat helps. I'd still like to see the study to see how it's worked out. Do they take the average adult ticket price for each club then take the average of all of those. It's also a fair bit out of date.

However there are other issues as well, like supply and demand. Are Hull's tickets cheaper as they struggle to fill the stadium? Norwich is close to selling out every week (under normal circumstances) so they don't need to price lower in the hope of driving up demand. 

I don't think £30 is unfair, I really don't.

1 hour ago, chicken said:

Ok, that's the first I've seen but somewhat helps. I'd still like to see the study to see how it's worked out. Do they take the average adult ticket price for each club then take the average of all of those. It's also a fair bit out of date.

However there are other issues as well, like supply and demand. Are Hull's tickets cheaper as they struggle to fill the stadium? Norwich is close to selling out every week (under normal circumstances) so they don't need to price lower in the hope of driving up demand. 

I don't think £30 is unfair, I really don't.

Of course supply and demand has an affect, but it's not the only consideration. If it was they'd charge £40 and still find 2,000 mugs each game. 

The target market is basically exclusively season ticket holders, most of whom have been paying an average of between £22-£25 a game. Those same people, a significant number of whom will have suffered significant financial hardship as a result of the pandemic, are being expected to pay more than usual for a less enjoyable matchday experience. 

To me, that's a **** take and I won't entertain it. It doesn't matter, enough will disagree to ensure all tickets are sold. But they've lost a bit of goodwill among some season ticket holders. 

29 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Of course supply and demand has an affect, but it's not the only consideration. If it was they'd charge £40 and still find 2,000 mugs each game. 

The target market is basically exclusively season ticket holders, most of whom have been paying an average of between £22-£25 a game. Those same people, a significant number of whom will have suffered significant financial hardship as a result of the pandemic, are being expected to pay more than usual for a less enjoyable matchday experience. 

To me, that's a **** take and I won't entertain it. It doesn't matter, enough will disagree to ensure all tickets are sold. But they've lost a bit of goodwill among some season ticket holders. 

Even if the target market is season ticket holders, season ticket holders who have paid this season have effectively been given free access to matches on line and will not pay any money for next season. They have effectively got a free season of football viewing. And how do you know it is going to be a "less enjoyable experience"?  These matches are going to be special occasions for those that can get to them and people will squeeze everything they can out of them, especially as at this rate there will only be enough tickets around for fans to see maybe one or two matches this season.

59 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Sorry but if these were normal times and a normal situation I would agree. But the tickets aren't exclusive to season ticket holders.

There are only 2000 available. There are many people, season ticket holders, members and non members, who have been made redundant etc, not just season ticket holders. Frankly the club needs a bit of help with the huge shortfall of not having 27K fans in the stadium this season. I really don't think £30 is too much given the circumstances, and as lakey says, chances are it may be you only get tickets for one or maybe two games. It's not like you are paying out £30 for a seasons home fixtures.

Lake is also right about the season ticket bit. You are paying for next seasons, not this seasons. So in theory you have free i-follow for free. Others have to pay £10 per game.

I really don't think there is any grounds for an argument to say this is too expensive.

• Like 1

More than once on this thread i have read that we do not have any season ticket holders for this season so why are applications for these games only accepted from season ticket holders ?

ST are still ST , all money paid or being paid has been carried forward to next season, we still have all the “ benefits “ we had before, simple

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

More than once on this thread i have read that we do not have any season ticket holders for this season so why are applications for these games only accepted from season ticket holders ?

By that reasoning, there are no members as the first half of the membership fee has been refunded. 

Mission accomplished!!

After a nine month wait YR will march down to THP again on Saturday. The delights of  Mr. Pulis football will be forgiven this once!

2 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Mission accomplished!!

After a nine month wait YR will march down to THP again on Saturday. The delights of  Mr. Pulis football will be forgiven this once!

Got mine too YR 🙂 .

Anyone have any idea why we need to get there 90 mins early? Do temperature checks take that long? Whatever the reason, I can't wait! 

14 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Even if the target market is season ticket holders, season ticket holders who have paid this season have effectively been given free access to matches on line and will not pay any money for next season. They have effectively got a free season of football viewing. And how do you know it is going to be a "less enjoyable experience"?  These matches are going to be special occasions for those that can get to them and people will squeeze everything they can out of them, especially as at this rate there will only be enough tickets around for fans to see maybe one or two matches this season.

You're being deliberately disingenuous for the sake of the position you're arguing.

Watching Norwich with only 2,000 fans in Carrow Road, without the ability to get a drink in the concourse at half-time (there's even been a suggestion that toilets will be shut) will be nothing like as enjoyable as watching it full to the rafters with all the facilities and for season ticket holders at least, surrounded by familiar faces with whom they've shared the ups and downs of years worth of Carrow Road memories. I know that, you know that; so why are you pretending otherwise?

Interestingly, I just checked and there are still plenty of tickets available. Not quite selling like the hot-cakes you'd expect if the majority view on this thread was anything to go by.

24 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

You're being deliberately disingenuous for the sake of the position you're arguing.

Watching Norwich with only 2,000 fans in Carrow Road, without the ability to get a drink in the concourse at half-time (there's even been a suggestion that toilets will be shut) will be nothing like as enjoyable as watching it full to the rafters with all the facilities and for season ticket holders at least, surrounded by familiar faces with whom they've shared the ups and downs of years worth of Carrow Road memories. I know that, you know that; so why are you pretending otherwise?

If you are judging the experience by comparing it to a full house with all the facilities open, then yes, I can see why you would think what you do - but you have to take things how they are, not how you would like them to be and this is a special occasion where people are privileged to be allowed to watch the game and get every ounce of enjoyment out of it possible.  In my view it is 2000 people representing 26,000 and it is up to them to make the most of it for those that can't attend.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

You haven't. What you have read is that this seasons payments are being held over to next season. Therefore these games are not the ones season tickets have paid for. In addition, your commitment and loyalty in uncertain times has been rewarded with free i-follow which costs anyone else £10 a pop. 

As suggested elsewhere, these are sold in the same way as cup games, though they are league matches. So far as I am aware, they will be offered out in the same way, season tickets first, then members, then punters - unless I have that wrong.

Edited by chicken

I am going back to the carra on Saturday and I can’t wait! 

if anyone wants me just yell “BUH!!” In the air as loud as you can

Edited by The Real Buh

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I am going back to the carra on Saturday and I can’t wait! 

if anyone wants me just tell “BUH!!” In the air as loud as you can

BUUUUUHHHHHH 📢🔊

I'll try again on Saturday🕺😃

6 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

BUUUUUHHHHHH 📢🔊

I'll try again on Saturday🕺😃

Actually this contravenes the supporters code of conduct so maybe just whisper it into a handkerchief instead